CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intuition

Reaction score
Help! How do we determine if there is a match here or if this possibility has been investigated. 17 year old boy puts his books in his locker at high school and vanishes never attending a single class. Information on the web states that he was a popular, straight A student looking forward to an up and coming ski event. As stated, his psychology teacher was questioned but never charged. Scary stuff.

Do we know if Roger John Ellison reported missing 2/10/1981 Cedaredge, Colorado has ANY CONNECTION with the skeletal John Doe remains found about a three hour drive away in North Chaffee County, Colorado ...FOUND SEPTEMBER, 10, 1981. Roger's age and the estimated age of the John Doe in "Clear Creek" Chaffee County, CO are the same, as well as similar height and weight information. Similar clothing was found with that John Doe.

ROGER JOHN ELLISON CASE NUMBER 22DMCO

UNIDENTIFIED JOHN DOE CASE NUMBER 1107UMCO
(doenetwork)

Roger John Ellison
Missing since February 10, 1981 from Cedar Ridge, Delta County, Colorado.
Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 11, 1963
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion, freckles. Size 13 shoe. Double crown birthmark.
Clothing: Jeans; a blue t-shirt; brown shoes; white socks; and a blue parka.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Ellison was last seen in the morning hours of February 10, 1981 at Cedaredge High School.
He was last seen by his locker at approximately 8:30 AM. Ellison did not attend classes that day, however.
He was never seen again. His car and bank account were left behind. He took no clothes with him.
Roger was a member of the US Ski Team. Foul play is suspected.

Thank you for the information about the forum link. I am new and not quite sure that I am doing everything correctly. Should I move my post or just leave it as is? I seem to be "all unknowing."

WOW! I think there is a very good chance that the unidentifed person is Roger. Do you know why the psych teacher was questioned?

I am doing a bit of research now on information regarding the questioning of his psychology teacher. I am glad that you see the similarity between Roger and the unidentified found about seven months after Roger's disappearance. Now what?

Help! How do we determine if there is a match here or if this possibility has been investigated. 17 year old boy puts his books in his locker at high school and vanishes never attending a single class. Information on the web states that he was a popular, straight A student looking forward to an up and coming ski event. As stated, his psychology teacher was questioned but never charged. Scary stuff.

Do we know if Roger John Ellison reported missing 2/10/1981 Cedaredge, Colorado has ANY CONNECTION with the skeletal John Doe remains found about a three hour drive away in North Chaffee County, Colorado ...FOUND SEPTEMBER, 10, 1981. Roger's age and the estimated age of the John Doe in "Clear Creek" Chaffee County, CO are the same, as well as similar height and weight information. Similar clothing was found with that John Doe.

(doenetwork)

Roger John Ellison

Vital Statistics
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark blond hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion, freckles. Size 13 shoe. Double crown birthmark.

Ellison was last seen in the morning hours of February 10, 1981 at Cedaredge High School.
He was last seen by his locker at approximately 8:30 AM. Ellison did not attend classes that day, however.
He was never seen again. His car and bank account were left behind. He took no clothes with him.

What's the website for the doe network? Doenetwork.com isn't working for me.

I have contacted the county in Colorado where the UND was located in 1981 to see if these two cases have been compared and/or eliminated before. Will update as soon as I hear back.

(doenetwork)

Roger John Ellison

Vital Statistics

Wow Idaho!
I just looked at Roger's case and then the Unidentified.
Look at the simularity of facial structure!
Someone really does need to check this out.
I would be surprised if its not him.

Thank you to Idaho for starting the forum originally in 2006. Fast forward to now, I was so excited to find the forum after I was struck with the similarities I could see between Roger and the UND found in a county just about a three hour drive away. Their age, weight, height, items of clothing, location and date regarding this UND in comparison to Roger are so similar and can't get it off my mind. The facial structures are hauntingly the same. I await word from the county that has this UND in their Cold Case files. Keep your fingers crossed Kline.

INTUITION

Will do!
I would be amazed if this isnt him.

QUICK UPDATE: The investigator over the 1981 missing case of Roger Ellison in Delta County, CO has contacted me to let me know that he has spoken with the investigator in Chaffee County regarding the clay reconstruction of the skull found. "THEY ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON AN INDENTIFICATION!" :woohoo: Evidently, the UND found in Chaffee County and subsequent clay reconstruction of the skull has NEVER been compared with the case of 17 year old missing Roger Ellison from Cedaredge, CO.

Keep your fingers crossed for a long awaited resolution to the disappearance of Roger.

Will update again ASAP.

How on earth could they not compare them in 27 years? Arghh.

That is so amazing though! I hope you found him, the reconstruction really did look a lot like him.

Hi,

Intuition, could you write me at michelle@truecrimediary.com? I'm a crime blogger/writer and I've been interested in the Roger Ellison case for a while. I'd like to cover this new development and would like to exchange some information with you.

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Michelle
True Crime Diary

In all this time they never thought the two cases might be connected????
Wow.
Nice work Idaho!!!
Im proud to share a state with you!:)
After seeing that reconstruction I have no doubt whatsoever its him.

Thanks, kline! But I'm just the one who started the original thread over in the Missing Children in America forum. Intuition is the one who made the connection. :) But I do agree with you. It definately could be the same guy.

How on earth could they not compare them in 27 years? Arghh.

That is so amazing though! I hope you found him, the reconstruction really did look a lot like him....

Sadly, I've noticed as the years go by, some people are not dedicated to their jobs, doing or being the very best possible, but there only for their friday paychecks.

the killer would have had access to a vehicle that day?

wow, that is striking. can't wait to hear the results... unbelievable no one thought to compare before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell