868 users online (122 members and 746 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Casey Anthony and Katherine Rutan

I was just reading about Katherine Rutan who was convicted of killing her son, Logan, several years ago. Could not help but notice some similarities between her and Casey Anthony. The lying is the big thing...Katherine told different stories also in regards to where her son was and what happened to him...she also never reported him missing..her mother did....another similarity. This case happened in Oklahoma, I believe. Very sad and to his day Logan's body has not been found.

Didnt they give her life in prison even though the body was never found?

Wow I just googled her. There are some distinct similarities between the 2.
    Rest in Peace Little Caylee
    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE

http://www.myspace.com/doyouknowme1977

Quote Originally Posted by Prayin_4_Grace View Post
    Yes they did
    Rest in Peace Little Caylee
    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE

http://www.myspace.com/doyouknowme1977

Quote Originally Posted by Prayin_4_Grace View Post
    Ues, They did. I just hope one day the little boy will be found and give a proper burial. Really sad story all the ay around and i made me think of Case and the story about Caylee.

Quote Originally Posted by 77NancyDrew View Post
    Wow I just googled her. There are some distinct similarities between the 2.
    no concrete prrof yet but if in the end it comes down to Casey's boyfriend..there will be a huge similarity i these cases...all for the love of a man...
    i shake my head when I read these types of stories as I'm sure you do too...it just is evil..pain evil.

She even borrowed a shovel from friends. Sound familiar?

Several things strike me after reading this synopsis of the case:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/t/tucker_logan.html

There are a lot of things in common, but some differences that made it easier to convict KR than it will be for CA.

First, Katherine Rutan clearly did not want Logan. She was going to give him away and was mad that DHS was not taking him fast enough. Contrast this with Casey, Cindy and George who appear to have taken excellent care of Caylee and love her.

Second, there is a witness to the exact time Logan disappeared. The roommate heard Logan crying in the night and the next morning he was gone. Mom lied and said DHS took him. Absolute BS. Then she lied a whole bunch of other times. Contrast with a month's time span when Caylee disappeared. We still have the BS story, but at least there is the tiny shred of doubt about exactly what happened an when.

Third, there was forensic evidence in the house. Masking tape with Logan's blood and hair on it. Unless LE is keeping a tight lid on things and just waiting, they don't have enough forensics to keep Casey in jail.

Fourth, the witness who saw KR carry Logan's body and the shovel into the woods and return without him. We may have a witness like this with Casey, but they have not come forward yet or I do believe she'd be in jail.

After all of this, it still took them 5 YEARS to convict KR of murder, and Logan has still not been found. It makes me despair. What if Casey gets away with this???

And, the fact that he's never been found and she hasn't confessed really makes you think long and hard about some other parents whose children have never been found. People who think that not finding a body lends to reasonable doubt need to read this case. It is enough to give you nightmares.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    (snipped)

Nice synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post

There are a lot of things in common, but some differences that made it easier to convict KR than it will be for CA.

First, Katherine Rutan clearly did not want Logan. She was going to give him away and was mad that DHS was not taking him fast enough. Contrast this with Casey, Cindy and George who appear to have taken excellent care of Caylee and love her.

Second, there is a witness to the exact time Logan disappeared. The roommate heard Logan crying in the night and the next morning he was gone. Mom lied and said DHS took him. Absolute BS. Then she lied a whole bunch of other times. Contrast with a month's time span when Caylee disappeared. We still have the BS story, but at least there is the tiny shred of doubt about exactly what happened an when.

Third, there was forensic evidence in the house. Masking tape with Logan's blood and hair on it. Unless LE is keeping a tight lid on things and just waiting, they don't have enough forensics to keep Casey in jail.

Fourth, the witness who saw KR carry Logan's body and the shovel into the woods and return without him. We may have a witness like this with Casey, but they have not come forward yet or I do believe she'd be in jail.

After all of this, it still took them 5 YEARS to convict KR of murder, and Logan has still not been found. It makes me despair. What if Casey gets away with this???

And, the fact that he's never been found and she hasn't confessed really makes you think long and hard about some other parents whose children have never been found. People who think that not finding a body lends to reasonable doubt need to read this case. It is enough to give you nightmares.
    Her Mom said she(Katherine) would only tell where Logan nwas if it would help her.
    I understand your nightmare that Casey may stand trial if i ndeed she dd kill little Caylee. As of right now it seems like LE doesn't have a whole lot of evidence against her for a case of murder.
    What is screaming out at me is how much men played a part in both these women's lives.

I wonder if Casey followed this story & that's what gave her the idea to 'lose' Caylee & just not say a word?

Either she didn't know the outcome of Katherine's trial OR she arrogantly thought she's smarter than Katherine & figured she'd get away with it easy.

It would be interesting for LE to question Casey's friends & ask if they ever heard Casey talk about the Rutan case & if so... what she said.

Bumping this up. It is worth the read into Logan Tucker's case and the similarities. It does have some definite parallels.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

On this note I found an interesting article on women who kill their children.

Commonalities:

The mothers were often poor, socially isolated, full-time caregivers, who were victims of domestic violence or had other relationship problems.

Casey on June 15th:
    Poor - Check. Just called out on her attempt to steal from her grandparents. This compounded by her parent's alleged new stance on Casey's financial dependence on them. PLUS no job in sight.

Socially Isolated - Check and Check. Fight with not only parents but Tony L.

Full-Time Caregivers - Check. As of that evening we can most definitely assume.

Have Relationship Problems - See all the above.

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/art...?artid=2174580
    Last edited by wedavis; 09-09-2008 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spacing issues and July to June change

Maui4me is offline non-judgmental grandma looking for justice for Caylee
    Even though GA and CA wanted Caylee, that made KC angry, she was not the number one focus of attention and that is what is important to her IMHO

That is interesting, Wedavis. Thanks! Do you have a link for that perhaps?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast