Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 307

Thread: Geraldo At Large - 08.23.08

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,329
    Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    I understand your point.
    I just feel they're not being completely open, nor do I fell they have to be.
    There is a lot they know we won't be privy to until the time comes.

    I also don't think the dogs made a mistake, or that the law enforcement officer was willing to purger himself in court to say he smelled decomp.

    but hey, thats just me...
    Isn't debate wonderful?
    Yes it is.

    I don't think he perjured himself, I think he was wrong. He gave his professional opinion and it needs to be backed up with solid evidence.

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,158
    what I know...she played with LE folk, no?

    I did too at younger age. I lived shortly with a LE dude, but when I became a states witness, he ran. Quit his job.

    I showed them where guns were, in a creek. Rusted.

    This I know as fact, it's crazy and my life at one point was this---crazy!

    This fella took me for a ride (policeofficer) and shot off his gun willy-nilly and scared me to no end.

    State took me (Texas Rangers) they didn't care about any stolen chit.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Yes it is.

    I don't think he perjured himself, I think he was wrong. He gave his professional opinion and it needs to be backed up with solid evidence.
    You're right. Wonder how long before we know FOR SURE what's what in this crazy case?
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

    "Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

  4. #204
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle View Post
    Didn't Padillo mention names? Amy, Tony and a few others and then say they had 5 days to bring her back? It all happened so fast, I was shocked as well as the other people on the show, evidently, did you see Greraldo's ouzzled look right before it went off?
    What an incredible show it was and yes, Leonard did start spouting off names of people who were around casey during the "critical pings".....he named Ricardo, Amy, Chatt, Anthony and I forget the last one. I'm sure all these people are thrilled that he appeared to implicate them.

    This may be the reason Geraldo ended the show so abrubtly.

    I too was amazed at how fast Kim and Jeanine flipped on their opinions. This case is unlike any I have ever posted on, everyday something strange.

    Stay tuned!!

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,447
    Okay, I just watched this on YouTube (thank you to whomever is putting it up!!!) and did anyone else catch this???

    Did JB ACTUALLY have the nerve to say that, unlike LE, they weren't going to take a passive stance on the investigation and wait for tips to come in, that they were going to be actively looking for Caylee? Did he ACTUALLY have the nerve to say, "We aren't going to wait a month before we follow up on a tip." ???

    Is he high? I cannot believe he would use the words "We aren't going to wait a month..." with this client. Why not just take out an ad reminding the jury pool of why we think she's guilty???

    What a moron.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    EAST ORLANDO
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Okay, I just watched this on YouTube (thank you to whomever is putting it up!!!) and did anyone else catch this???

    Did JB ACTUALLY have the nerve to say that, unlike LE, they weren't going to take a passive stance on the investigation and wait for tips to come in, that they were going to be actively looking for Caylee? Did he ACTUALLY have the nerve to say, "We aren't going to wait a month before we follow up on a tip." ???

    Is he high? I cannot believe he would use the words "We aren't going to wait a month..." with this client. Why not just take out an ad reminding the jury pool of why we think she's guilty???

    What a moron.
    Yes, JB did say this. It's completely unreal, shifting blame on LE meanwhile look at his client. This is getting sicker by the moment.

    Also, why did the woman change their opinions so fast? That was weird too. I could be looking too far into it who knows.

    WILD!

  7. #207
    Deputy Andy's Avatar
    Deputy Andy is offline "Achievement is its own reward - pride obscures it." - Major Briggs, Twin Peaks
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    283

    Jb

    I sure don't think it was very smart of JB to use "a month" when he was talking about how long LE waited to follow up leads. Geez, who waited a month to report...oh, whatever. This defense attorney is a pretty dim bulb.

  8. #208
    Deputy Andy's Avatar
    Deputy Andy is offline "Achievement is its own reward - pride obscures it." - Major Briggs, Twin Peaks
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Twin Peaks
    Posts
    283
    I was agreeing with you angelmom...

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,479
    Quote Originally Posted by DAWN TREADER View Post
    Padilla is saying Casey knows who she VOLUNTARILY passed Caylee off to and that these people aren't holding Caylee against Casey's will. He's giving Casey 5 days to tell who these people are or he (Padilla) is going to do his own investigation to find Caylee.

    I think that's what I heard - Geraldo kept interrupting him.
    Right...............

    IMO Casey is telling yet more bogus lies and stories to Baez,somehow LP got wind, and this is in order to keep everyone's faith in her family wise etc. God only knows what kinds of yarns that she is spinning!

    Eventually they will all catch on and face reality. IMO sooner rather than later. I also think thst LE is up to something, maybe even attempting to earn Casy/Baez trust?

    We shall see. LP< Baez, Cindy, George, Lee and of course CASEY all anger the bejeezes out of me. Pointing fingers at LE! Arggghhhhhhhh, interfering with LE/FBI investigation into Caylee's disappearance & investigation into by running there own which of course is only to attempt to make up/further a Casey defense strategy!

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    532
    UNREAL.... and then said they were going to pursue the lead without the resources that LE has.... WHY not give the info to LE????

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Andy View Post
    I sure don't think it was very smart of JB to use "a month" when he was talking about how long LE waited to follow up leads. Geez, who waited a month to report...oh, whatever. This defense attorney is a pretty dim bulb.
    I actually think he gave away the farm with that comment. He is telling us that when LE announces new info or a new witness, and I do believe there is new momemtum we will see this week, that is what he is speaking in reference too. I will be anxious to see when her charges are upgraded and he asks for change of venue and gag order, what the judge's decision will be.. I used to think it would be automatic for change of venue, 50/50
    on the gag if the state fights it.. Given the amount of publicity the defense; et al, has actively generated and participated in, I no longer think it will be that easy. And frankly, he is going to need that, badly.

  12. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    What's interesting about the decomp smell is that no one thought much of it the first 24-48 hours. It was reported in the 911 call but not thoroughly investigated. I just can't quite figure that out.
    Even in the bond hearing the officer reported that they checked out all casey's stories and then he remembered someone saying something about a smell in the car. THEN he checked it out. IIRC,he asked George if he could take the car and George said yes.
    So what I don't understand is why this decomp smell was not immediately investigated?
    I have to remind everyone that the unfortunate truth is police investigations do not go the way they look on TV programs. My mother-in-law was murdered 4 years ago. The police bungled the investigation like you wouldn't believe. It took them days or weeks to get around to investigating, impounding, confinscating really important evidence, even though this things were being pointed out to them. Often times said evidence had already been destroyed or contaminated by the time they got to it. I've often thought what a shame it is that more homicide investigators are not women. Love men, but lets face it, they think very differently than women and can be really dense. anyone that lives with one knows!!! The only reason we found my mother-in-laws body after we had sent male police to the home with NO RESULTS, we finally got hold of a female officer who "got it", went back to the home and found her body hidden. So not surprising to me that these guys forgot to look at the car for a couple of days.

  13. #213
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    745
    Going by to the the NEW YORK comment made by LP does anyone remember the guy who came to visit Casey in jail ...well he made a comment about I think his name was Mike and on Casey's my space page Mike had gone to New York we had a discussion about this on a much earlier thread ...does LP think Caylee is in NY?????

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,568
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepgirlva View Post
    Going by to the the NEW YORK comment made by LP does anyone remember the guy who came to visit Casey in jail ...well he made a comment about I think his name was Mike and on Casey's my space page Mike had gone to New York we had a discussion about this on a much earlier thread ...does LP think Caylee is in NY?????
    Frank B.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

  15. #215
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    I never heard LP mention New York when he was cut off my Geraldo. It sounded more like the tale end of "ward" and in reward.

    Looked at Geraldo's show again as I taped it and even put the closed caption on and LP said" five days to bring her back and claim the reward."
    Ok i'm going to go back and listen again but it sounded like New York to me ...but i could be wrong

  16. #216
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    745
    I went back and listened he says New York ...you can listen for yourself around 7:34 minutes into the tape..if you can get thru it...must be a lot of people viewing the video it is real slow

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,419
    Sleuthmommy is transcribing the interview over on the general thread...she is doing it bit by bit.

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    At the Beach and in our hearts
    Posts
    8,385

    Hope this is right thread!

    From a BLOG this morning. NEWS NETWORK


    Posted on August 24th, 2008
    by Simon Barrett in Op-ed
    Read 207 times.

    The story surrounding the missing three year old Caylee Anthony gets more confusing by the minute. I know that the convoluted and knotted tale will eventually unfold. And I for one am still willing to bet a buck that Casey knows way more than she is fessing up to.

    While the Anthony family are putting up a solid wall of silence and stupidity, there are aspects that can be deduced from what they do and don’t, do and say.

    Few people work for free, so lets examine the possible motives and reasons why these seemingly unconnected people have a connection.

    Lets start with Geraldo Rivera, he is a well known, though slightly soiled TV figure. Could this case be his big come back? After all Fox News seem to be the only folks that have been inside Leonard Padilla’s ‘High Tech’ RV that is parked outside the senior Anthony’s house. Oh, and apparently Padilla’s idea of high tech is a Taser (standard Dog Chapman stuff), a Laptop computer, and a printer! This is not high tech in my opinion. Geraldo himself has a pretty checkered background, he oscillates from popular to unknown faster than a Motel 6 vibrating bed. He went from hot to zero with an Iraq story that threatened troop safety.

    Geraldo didn’t want to sling burgers at the local fast food outlet so he reinvented himself on Fox.

    It is interesting that Fox News seem to have dropped the Caylee story like a hot brick, my cynical nature screams, exclusive! I mentioned in an earlier article that Padilla had to have an angle, but I could not see National Geographic being the likely customer. Bounty Hunters work for money, not largess. Right now he, and his money men have $500k wrapped up in the bond to spring Casey, plus they their ‘High Tech’ RV and who knows how many people all ensconced in Florida. This costs money. I’ll bet the Starbucks bill alone would make us mere mortals weep. If Padilla was to score a marketing deal with a perfume manufacturer I have no doubt that they would call it ‘Sleaze.’

    That brings us to Jose Baez. Who is he? What can he bring to the table? When it comes to law suits Jose seems to like the ‘bottom feeding’ fish. His resume is splendid. A short excerpt reveals all:

    Baez represented Kissimmee Mayor George Gant at trial in 2007.

    Gant got booted from office and was forced to resign as a doctor when two patients accused him of touching them in a sexual way during gynecology exams.
    The prosecution’s main witness refused to testify against Gant and the former mayor was cleared of sex charges.
    One has to wonder why the main witness refused to testify?

    I would say something acerbic about Casey, but it has all been said before. Her and her family represent all that is wrong with todays society. At best, she is the worlds worst mother, who else would wait 30 days to report that her then 2 year old daughter was missing? My wife would report me missing if I went o the bar for a couple of hours!

    Her actions since being bailed out by Padilla are telling. She wanted a hot shower and a Pizza. My wife summed it up nicely, “if it was my child I would not being calling Dominoes, and it would not matter about the hot shower, I’d be searching for my child”.

    My take on this nonsense is that someone is set to make money at the cost of a young life.

    If indeed it is Fox that is bankrolling this story, they need to really rethink their news policy.

    Maybe Casey did not kill her young daughter Caylee, but she is certainly still guilty of extreme stupidity. I have yet so hear Casey say that she would be willing to take a polygraph.

    Simon Barrett

    http://zzaimonb.blogspot.com

    xxxxxxxxoo
    mama

  19. #219
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WASHINGTON
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Mama View Post
    From a BLOG this morning. NEWS NETWORK


    Posted on August 24th, 2008
    by Simon Barrett in Op-ed
    Read 207 times.

    The story surrounding the missing three year old Caylee Anthony gets more confusing by the minute. I know that the convoluted and knotted tale will eventually unfold. And I for one am still willing to bet a buck that Casey knows way more than she is fessing up to.

    While the Anthony family are putting up a solid wall of silence and stupidity, there are aspects that can be deduced from what they do and don’t, do and say.

    Few people work for free, so lets examine the possible motives and reasons why these seemingly unconnected people have a connection.

    Lets start with Geraldo Rivera, he is a well known, though slightly soiled TV figure. Could this case be his big come back? After all Fox News seem to be the only folks that have been inside Leonard Padilla’s ‘High Tech’ RV that is parked outside the senior Anthony’s house. Oh, and apparently Padilla’s idea of high tech is a Taser (standard Dog Chapman stuff), a Laptop computer, and a printer! This is not high tech in my opinion. Geraldo himself has a pretty checkered background, he oscillates from popular to unknown faster than a Motel 6 vibrating bed. He went from hot to zero with an Iraq story that threatened troop safety.

    Geraldo didn’t want to sling burgers at the local fast food outlet so he reinvented himself on Fox.

    It is interesting that Fox News seem to have dropped the Caylee story like a hot brick, my cynical nature screams, exclusive! I mentioned in an earlier article that Padilla had to have an angle, but I could not see National Geographic being the likely customer. Bounty Hunters work for money, not largess. Right now he, and his money men have $500k wrapped up in the bond to spring Casey, plus they their ‘High Tech’ RV and who knows how many people all ensconced in Florida. This costs money. I’ll bet the Starbucks bill alone would make us mere mortals weep. If Padilla was to score a marketing deal with a perfume manufacturer I have no doubt that they would call it ‘Sleaze.’

    That brings us to Jose Baez. Who is he? What can he bring to the table? When it comes to law suits Jose seems to like the ‘bottom feeding’ fish. His resume is splendid. A short excerpt reveals all:

    Baez represented Kissimmee Mayor George Gant at trial in 2007.

    Gant got booted from office and was forced to resign as a doctor when two patients accused him of touching them in a sexual way during gynecology exams.
    The prosecution’s main witness refused to testify against Gant and the former mayor was cleared of sex charges.
    One has to wonder why the main witness refused to testify?

    I would say something acerbic about Casey, but it has all been said before. Her and her family represent all that is wrong with todays society. At best, she is the worlds worst mother, who else would wait 30 days to report that her then 2 year old daughter was missing? My wife would report me missing if I went o the bar for a couple of hours!

    Her actions since being bailed out by Padilla are telling. She wanted a hot shower and a Pizza. My wife summed it up nicely, “if it was my child I would not being calling Dominoes, and it would not matter about the hot shower, I’d be searching for my child”.

    My take on this nonsense is that someone is set to make money at the cost of a young life.

    If indeed it is Fox that is bankrolling this story, they need to really rethink their news policy.

    Maybe Casey did not kill her young daughter Caylee, but she is certainly still guilty of extreme stupidity. I have yet so hear Casey say that she would be willing to take a polygraph.

    Simon Barrett

    http://zzaimonb.blogspot.com

    xxxxxxxxoo
    mama
    Stupidity and selfishness, yes! Murder, I think not!
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

  20. #220
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,303
    I am sticking to my belief that there is a strong connection between Casey, Caylee, Amy, Chatt and Puerto Rico. I'll change that when I see it differently.

    Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom

  21. #221
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    59
    Hello everyone. This is my first post. IMO Geraldo is just messy. IIRC he was the first Fox reporter on the Natalee Hollaway story. His reporting was so sensationalized, he was soon replaced with Greta. I used to idolized G as a child. He was awesome way back when his heart was still pure. Now he just loves draaamma. Last nights Casey/Caylee segment may rate high on the enfortainment meter but very low IMO as far as any significance in the case. JMO.

    Oh my, no spell check option. I'm in trouble.

  22. #222
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WASHINGTON
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I am sticking to my belief that there is a strong connection between Casey, Caylee, Amy, Chatt and Puerto Rico. I'll change that when I see it differently.

    Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom
    I agree and I think New York or Puerto Rico are two key areas.
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

  23. #223
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    595

    My 2 cents

    I am not putting too much into that interview on Geraldo last night.
    LE is most likely making sure EVERYTHING is complete with their case.
    I think the talking heads reacted that way to make the show more interesting.
    I knew they were going to turn the blame on Caseys friends.
    I feel bad for all the people Casey has BSed

  24. #224
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    WASHINGTON
    Posts
    1,265
    My feeling has alway been that Caylee was handed off to someone and that her circle of friends are key. So, the show last night just made me feel even stronger about my view.
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

  25. #225
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepgirlva View Post
    Going by to the the NEW YORK comment made by LP does anyone remember the guy who came to visit Casey in jail ...well he made a comment about I think his name was Mike and on Casey's my space page Mike had gone to New York we had a discussion about this on a much earlier thread ...does LP think Caylee is in NY?????
    Was that guy her first visitor, supposedly went to the same school as Casey - may have gotten the name out of a year book and ID to match. Could he have been there to let her know they were watching - she did seem startled or anxious when speaking to him. If I remember, she kept turning her head as if to look behind her - like you would to do see if someone was behind you.

    Isabelle,
    Ray'sMom

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Geraldo at Large - BD on right now.
    By TopGunner in forum Brianna Denison
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2008, 10:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •