1441 users online (319 members and 1122 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can we once and for all verify the conditions of Casey's release on bond?

I know that telemonitoring is one condition.

I know that she can only leave the house for visits with the attorney, for work (yeah, right!), and to attend church. She also had to have a psych evaluation before she left jail to establish that she is not a danger to herself.

Other conditions?: (Thanks, tttterri and muzikman for helping compile this list.)

1) She could not use any cellphone, that she must use landlines, and that her telephone conversations are limited to 5 minutes daily. (Can't find documentation of this--just recall it from a tv interview maybe?)

2) She is not to use any computer to access the internet. (Also foggy recollection from a tv interview? No documentation.)

3) No suggestive or tight clothes (at her meetings with her case manager? at home? in public?).

4) No alcohol or drugs - random pee tests anytime.

5) Must have permission from case manager to leave home for any reason, including to go to doctor, church, attorney's office.

6) Monitoring device required - must pay $5/day for monitoring, and cannot move outside a 150' radius of unit.

7) Home supervision? Must be supervised by a "Casey sitter?" (Cindy's words. *roll eyes*)
    It would be great if we could clear up these conditions...can anyone help me find info on this?

As Muzikman asked below, is there any way that we can request this document? Under the sunshine law, it seems that we could. Anyone want to volunteer? I'm not a Florida resident, but I don't know that that matters.

Adding a link to the Orange County Community Surveillance handbook...it answers a lot of questions. http://new.scribd.com/doc/5009544/OCCD-HC-Booklet

The handbook mentions that the person must follow all verbal and written instructions given by the case manager....I still wonder if there's another document out there. Don't know how to inquire about it, though.
    Last edited by QuickAttack; 08-24-2008 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Edited to add release requirements.

Definitely would like concrete details about her computer/online limitations, and how she is to be monitored in that regard.

I could easily see her spending hours online at Baez's office, and it doesn't seem like it could be monitored.

Ever since I seen "no suggestive or tight clothing" as one of the conditions listed on Fox tv one night, I have searched for a list. I'm beginning to think there is none that has been officially released for us to see. The clothing part amazed me. In her own home? What would that be about? Just crazy!

Here's a link to where it was discussed.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../21/ng.01.html
    LALAMA: Mark Williams, what are some of the terms under which she must abide?
    WILLIAMS: Well, there`s a couple of terms, Pat. And the first thing is there`s a 10-page document that she had to sign. This afternoon, she got a visit from a case manager. But in that document, it says you cannot have weapons, you cannot drink alcohol. You can hold a job. You can go certain places, like to a job or to a hospital or to a dentist or whatever, but you`ve got to tell your case manager ahead of time. No suggestive clothing. You could be up for a urine analysis in a heartbeat. And if you abscond or break any of the rules in this 10-page document, you could be back in the Orange County jail in a heartbeat.

I wonder if that 10-page document she had to sign is a public record and any one of us could request it? Or if one of the news organizations has already done so?

Quote Originally Posted by tttterri View Post
    Ever since I seen "no suggestive or tight clothing" as one of the conditions listed on Fox tv one night, I have searched for a list. I'm beginning to think there is none that has been officially released for us to see. The clothing part amazed me. In her own home? What would that be about? Just crazy!
    Forgot about that one! Will add it to the list. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tttterri View Post
    I believe that was when she was meeting with her case manager.

Someone from the insession message boards emailed and asked for the conditions related to Casey's Case and then uploaded them

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5009544/OCCD-HC-Booklet

That tells pretty much everything.

And there is nothing in that file that rules against computer use.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzikman View Post
    I wonder if that 10-page document she had to sign is a public record and any one of us could request it? Or if one of the news organizations has already done so?
    Excellent question. Added that one to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by bunniecakes View Post
    Someone from the insession message boards emailed and asked for the conditions related to Casey's Case and then uploaded them

http://www.scribd.com/doc/5009544/OCCD-HC-Booklet

That tells pretty much everything.
    Wow! Thanks! Am adding this to the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by bunniecakes View Post
    And there is nothing in that file that rules against computer use.
    I am wondering if perhaps the case manager gave Casey specific instructions and additional requirements...wish we could find this out. Might ask about it in the Padilla question thread.

Thanks so much for the link!

Quote Originally Posted by QuickAttack View Post
    I am wondering if perhaps the case manager gave Casey specific instructions and additional requirements...wish we could find this out. Might ask about it in the Padilla question thread.

Thanks so much for the link!
    I would assume so. That booklet contains general provisions that apply to all defendants out on bond. The stated conditions are not all-inclusive; LE may impose further restrictions on the defendant.

Quote Originally Posted by pizmex View Post
    I would assume so. That booklet contains general provisions that apply to all defendants out on bond. The stated conditions are not all-inclusive; LE may impose further restrictions on the defendant.
    Wish we could get our hands on those.

So, since Casey is not allowed internet access, can we rule out that she is here trying to provide "tips and sightings"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast