Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 914 Prefix Listing - Excel Spreadsheet with Sorting

914 Prefix Listing - Excel Spreadsheet with Sorting

I got tired of wading through the unsorted prefix listing from Fonefinder so I copied all of the information into a formatted spreadsheet. You can sort via the drop down menus in the header row.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fixListing.xls

Drop me a PM if you'd prefer to have it emailed. Let me know which version you want/need, or if you want both.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-13-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Revised link per user request.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vask For This Useful Post:

I will check it out when I get home from work, I dont want to download from my work computer.

2003 version works fine. In work we have PCs with both 2007 and 2003 and we often have to switch between them and unless you're sorting by multiple criteria (more than 3) or using non-standard colors problems between the two formats are very rare.

I don't know if people are going to be amending this and uploading their own versions but if they are perhaps it would be better to stick to the 2003 version.

Thanks for letting me know the initial version worked.

Do we know if this phone number was ever called? Do we know the last 4 digits of the phone number?

I would also like to know his seat numbers. Perhaps we can find the people who were sitting near him.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    Do we know if this phone number was ever called? Do we know the last 4 digits of the phone number?
    Don't know but I may try to get the whole number from LE tomorrow. I've got a 1995 PhoneDisc directory...

I would also like to know his seat numbers. Perhaps we can find the people who were sitting near him.[/quote]

That's sounds real good! You think TicketMaster may have sales info from that far back?

I wonder if they would have that info? We would need to find out if we can get the seat numbers first.

The concerts were held at RFK Stadium. A good percentage of the tickets would be for general admission for the "floor" area. Even if he had a ticket for a seat, he may never have actually gone to that seat. I sincerely doubt that there would be any way to trace who had tickets for the adjoining seats.

Also, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the adjoining seats were part of the same batch of 20 tickets that the scalper sold at the show.

Here's just one more clue pointing to the "Caroline T." as being Caroline Thomas. In the Newsweek article on Garcia's death, written about a month after "Jason's" death, and updated Feb. 14, 2008, there is a quotation in the last paragraph by Caroline Thomas concerning the Wharf Rats. http://www.newsweek.com/id/111492/output/print

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    Here's just one more clue pointing to the "Caroline T." as being Caroline Thomas. In the Newsweek article on Garcia's death, written about a month after "Jason's" death, and updated Feb. 14, 2008, there is a quotation in the last paragraph by Caroline Thomas concerning the Wharf Rats. http://www.newsweek.com/id/111492/output/print
    I believe Caroline Thomas has been contacted before, and she claims to not be the "Caroline T." from the note. If that is indeed the case, I don't see any real reason to doubt what she says. What reason would she have to lie?

Caroline isn't a terribly uncommon name. There were two or three girls in my high school named Caroline.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shecky For This Useful Post:

There is a Caroline still involved as a Grateful Dead fan who attended seven GD shows, although none in 1995. She went to shows in the Midwest, mostly at Deer Creek in Indiana, including 1990-94. The Dead played Deer Creek on July 2, 1995, just a few days after "Jason" died. Perhaps the note was old or for whatever reason, "Jason" brought it along in case he could catch a ride out to the Deer Creek show. Caroline's profile is at www.dead.net/member/caroline . By the way, she mentions on the profile that she has a sticker given to her by the Wharf Rats. It might be a long shot, but I see no harm in someone contacting her to see if she is an "O" or a "T", whether she recognizes the phone prefix, and remembers a "Jason".

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Had Jason gone all the way to Inman, SC with Michael, it would have put him about 8 1/2 hours away from Noblesville, IN., with a week to get there. It's pretty much a straight shot on all major roads in a northerly direction through Knoxville, Lexington, Cincinnati on to Indianapolis. Perhaps he was skipping Michigan and Pittsburgh and planning on hitting Deer Creek.

There is a Caroline still involved as a Grateful Dead fan who attended seven GD shows, although none in 1995. She went to shows in the Midwest, mostly at Deer Creek in Indiana, including 1990-94. The Dead played Deer Creek on July 2, 1995, just a few days after "Jason" died. Perhaps the note was old or for whatever reason, "Jason" brought it along in case he could catch a ride out to the Deer Creek show. Caroline's profile is at www.dead.net/member/caroline . By the way, she mentions on the profile that she has a sticker given to her by the Wharf Rats. It might be a long shot, but I see no harm in someone contacting her to see if she is an "O" or a "T", whether she recognizes the phone prefix, and remembers a "Jason".
    Couldn't hurt to try!

I went ahead and emailed her. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

I heard back from Caroline. She's not a T or an O, and knows nothing about this case.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

I heard back from Caroline. She's not a T or an O, and knows nothing about this case.
    That's too bad, was worth a shot though!

QUOTE=Helper;2572203]I heard back from Caroline. She's not a T or an O, and knows nothing about this case.[/QUOTE]

Ok what if the O and T mean where they are from and maybe not their least name . Caroline O = Caroline oklahoma/ohio and Caroline T=Caroline Texas .If you travel arround that crowd first and least names are kinda hard to connect a person when they see thousands of people so what if its like - randy from wa - etc..I know its an out there thought. I also was thinking like maybe one person was referring to themself like she was 2 people.Like as in she has 2 personalities as a joke to her moodiness. Another out there thought I know. But at least I am trying. I read all the pages on the g/d thread and it wasnt mentioned but there was the ohio prefix of 914 /and a texas prefix so it wouldnt rule this out.

I actually went to that show at Deer Creek....

I was wondering yesterday if somebody ever called that phone number. you'd think that the carolines would've answered. hey vask, can I get a copy of the 914 prefix listing emailed to me?

Just a question...

I can't open the spreadsheet, but I know for a fact that Chapel Hill, NC had numbers starting with 914 back in 1995 (I had one) Also, there was (is) a huge Dead following in Chapel Hill, and many ppl I knew back then went to a few shows.

Try checking for Caroline atEast Chapel Hill High School, Carolina Friends Academy (private school), Durham Academy (private school), C E Jordan High School (western Durham County-near the Durham/Orange Co line), Chapel Hill High alum from 1991-1993 (right around the right age group) (those schools had the biggest Dead Heads that I remember- I went to DA and Northern, but lived in the Jordan district)

I have limited access right now so I can't really search, but PM me at let me know if anyone needs me to look at Northern's year books from 91 and 92, or I can try to find my DA yearbooks from 1980-1990, but they're in storage ATM.

I can also be reached by PM if I can help further.

I went to Jordan and recall 914 phone numbers!

My middle name is also Caroline. There are a LOT of Caroline's in that area due to the "Carolina" fans.

My cousin probably has JHS yearbooks from those years.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

Quote Originally Posted by fmw63 View Post
    Still no phone number?
    Who is specifically working on tracking this down? Who exactly has been approached by us seeking this info?

What about contacting source information listed on Doe Network for whatever case information that have and are willing/can share with us.

Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
    Medicolegal Death Investigator
    800-447-1706
    Agency Case Number:

On Doe Network, the following are listed as SOURCE information. I would imagine each of these would have a file/some information on this Doe....maybe even this mysterious phone # we can't seem to get our hands on.

Source Information:
    National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    The Child Protection Education of America
    Pulp Radio Magazine
    Richmond Times-Dispatch

Here's a direct link to Jason on the Child Protection Education in America: http://www.find-missing-children.org.../poster399.htm

Of interest is that this site says there may have been a light tatoo on his right arm.....

Salem

Here's a direct link to Jason on the Child Protection Education in America: http://www.find-missing-children.org.../poster399.htm

Of interest is that this site says there may have been a light tatoo on his right arm.....

Salem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast