Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

914 Prefix Listing - Excel Spreadsheet with Sorting

I got tired of wading through the unsorted prefix listing from Fonefinder so I copied all of the information into a formatted spreadsheet. You can sort via the drop down menus in the header row.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fixListing.xls

Drop me a PM if you'd prefer to have it emailed. Let me know which version you want/need, or if you want both.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-13-2014 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Revised link per user request.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vask For This Useful Post:

I will check it out when I get home from work, I dont want to download from my work computer.

2003 version works fine. In work we have PCs with both 2007 and 2003 and we often have to switch between them and unless you're sorting by multiple criteria (more than 3) or using non-standard colors problems between the two formats are very rare.

I don't know if people are going to be amending this and uploading their own versions but if they are perhaps it would be better to stick to the 2003 version.

Thanks for letting me know the initial version worked.

Do we know if this phone number was ever called? Do we know the last 4 digits of the phone number?

I would also like to know his seat numbers. Perhaps we can find the people who were sitting near him.

Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    Do we know if this phone number was ever called? Do we know the last 4 digits of the phone number?
    Don't know but I may try to get the whole number from LE tomorrow. I've got a 1995 PhoneDisc directory...

I would also like to know his seat numbers. Perhaps we can find the people who were sitting near him.[/quote]

That's sounds real good! You think TicketMaster may have sales info from that far back?

I wonder if they would have that info? We would need to find out if we can get the seat numbers first.

The concerts were held at RFK Stadium. A good percentage of the tickets would be for general admission for the "floor" area. Even if he had a ticket for a seat, he may never have actually gone to that seat. I sincerely doubt that there would be any way to trace who had tickets for the adjoining seats.

Also, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the adjoining seats were part of the same batch of 20 tickets that the scalper sold at the show.

Here's just one more clue pointing to the "Caroline T." as being Caroline Thomas. In the Newsweek article on Garcia's death, written about a month after "Jason's" death, and updated Feb. 14, 2008, there is a quotation in the last paragraph by Caroline Thomas concerning the Wharf Rats. http://www.newsweek.com/id/111492/output/print

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    Here's just one more clue pointing to the "Caroline T." as being Caroline Thomas. In the Newsweek article on Garcia's death, written about a month after "Jason's" death, and updated Feb. 14, 2008, there is a quotation in the last paragraph by Caroline Thomas concerning the Wharf Rats. http://www.newsweek.com/id/111492/output/print
    I believe Caroline Thomas has been contacted before, and she claims to not be the "Caroline T." from the note. If that is indeed the case, I don't see any real reason to doubt what she says. What reason would she have to lie?

Caroline isn't a terribly uncommon name. There were two or three girls in my high school named Caroline.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Shecky For This Useful Post:

There is a Caroline still involved as a Grateful Dead fan who attended seven GD shows, although none in 1995. She went to shows in the Midwest, mostly at Deer Creek in Indiana, including 1990-94. The Dead played Deer Creek on July 2, 1995, just a few days after "Jason" died. Perhaps the note was old or for whatever reason, "Jason" brought it along in case he could catch a ride out to the Deer Creek show. Caroline's profile is at www.dead.net/member/caroline . By the way, she mentions on the profile that she has a sticker given to her by the Wharf Rats. It might be a long shot, but I see no harm in someone contacting her to see if she is an "O" or a "T", whether she recognizes the phone prefix, and remembers a "Jason".

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Had Jason gone all the way to Inman, SC with Michael, it would have put him about 8 1/2 hours away from Noblesville, IN., with a week to get there. It's pretty much a straight shot on all major roads in a northerly direction through Knoxville, Lexington, Cincinnati on to Indianapolis. Perhaps he was skipping Michigan and Pittsburgh and planning on hitting Deer Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    There is a Caroline still involved as a Grateful Dead fan who attended seven GD shows, although none in 1995. She went to shows in the Midwest, mostly at Deer Creek in Indiana, including 1990-94. The Dead played Deer Creek on July 2, 1995, just a few days after "Jason" died. Perhaps the note was old or for whatever reason, "Jason" brought it along in case he could catch a ride out to the Deer Creek show. Caroline's profile is at www.dead.net/member/caroline . By the way, she mentions on the profile that she has a sticker given to her by the Wharf Rats. It might be a long shot, but I see no harm in someone contacting her to see if she is an "O" or a "T", whether she recognizes the phone prefix, and remembers a "Jason".
    Couldn't hurt to try!

I went ahead and emailed her. I'll let you all know if I hear anything back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast