Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 914 Prefix Listing - Excel Spreadsheet with Sorting

I ran a search on my 1994 HomePhone nationwide CD ROM telephone directory. I used the wildcard parameter $$$-914-$$$$ and ran that for all of the Eastern states.

The following is a list of cities with a 914 Prefix as of 1994: This HomePhone CD is only a landline listing, but many of the cellular prefixes weren't yet established in 1994. In fact, cell phones were not used as widely then as they are now.

Alabama
    (None)

Connecticut
    (None)

Delaware
    (None)

Florida
    (None)

Georgia
    McDonough (Area code 404)
    Locust Grove (Area code 404)
    Stockbridge (Area code 404)
    Hampton (Area code 404)

Indiana
    (None)

Kentucky
    (None)

Maryland
    Berwyn (Area code 301)

Maine
    (None)

Massachusetts
    (None)

Michigan
    (None)

Mississippi
    (None)

New Hampshire
    (None)

New Jersey
    Toms River (Area code 908)

New York
    (None)

North Carolina
    (None)

Ohio
    (None)

Pennsylvania
    (None)

Rhode Island
    (None)

South Carolina
    (None)

Tennessee
    (None)

Vermont
    (None)

Virginia
    Annandale (Area code 703)
    Springfield (Area code 703)
    Alexandria (Area code 703)
    Falls Church (Area code 703)

West Virginia
    (None)

By the way, the only Caroline on the CD with a 914 Prefix was a Caroline E. From McDonough GA (Area code 404)
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-01-2011 at 02:05 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Looking in Classmates.com for people named Caroline T. who went to high school in the above listed cities yielded the following two people: (excluding persons listed as "Carol", "Carolyn", etc., and excluding persons named Caroline whose married names begin with "T" but whose maiden names start with a different letter)

* Caroline T. (Married Surname Initial R) -- West Potomac High School, Alexandria, VA Class Of 1991

* Caroline T. (Married Surname Initial S) -- Congressional School of Virginia, Falls Church, VA, Class Of 1965

Looking for people named Caroline O in the same cities, i had the following:

Caroline O. -- Monsignor Donovan High School, Toms River, NJ, Class of 1997

Since the 914 prefix applied only to Caroline T, our screen for Caroline O should not be limited just to the "914" cities.

Interestingly enough, the Caroline T from West Potomac HS now lives in my neighborhood (i.e., El Segundo CA). I may have to pay her a visit, and show her the letter and ask her if she recognizes the handwriting as hers.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Interestingly enough, the Caroline T from West Potomac HS now lives in my neighborhood (i.e., El Segundo CA). I may have to pay her a visit, and show her the letter and ask her if she recognizes the handwriting as hers.
    I just went and knocked on the door at the El Segundo address indicated for Caroline T (of West Potomac HS). She doesn't live there anymore. The woman who answered the door has lived there for about a year.

But Caroline T (of WPHS) does have a Facebook page, so I'll try that approach.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 09-03-2011 at 12:09 AM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Phone Number?

Did anyone ever come up with the complete phone number from the note? When I was reading about this case about 10 years ago or so I saw an unedited image of the note. I used to have the complete number but have since lost it. It has to be somewhere.

This Facebook group and the people behind it have been doing a lot of work to help give him a name:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1754...84794018392118

Quote Originally Posted by Find Brenda View Post
    Did anyone ever come up with the complete phone number from the note? When I was reading about this case about 10 years ago or so I saw an unedited image of the note. I used to have the complete number but have since lost it. It has to be somewhere.

This Facebook group and the people behind it have been doing a lot of work to help give him a name:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1754...84794018392118
    It may have been a fake number or an incorrect number (perhaps the Carolines were staying with someone and had used their number). The number was probably faded out to prevent people from calling it over the years.

I logged in after forever and a day to a PM requesting this file still. I can't seem to edit my initial posting, but I found a copy of it on an external drive and uploaded it to my dropbox. If a mod happens to see this, can you pretty please update the first post?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...fixListing.xls

Since it's the XLS version, it should work in older versions of Excel and other software that can open Excel spreadsheets.

Quote Originally Posted by Vask View Post
    I got tired of wading through the unsorted prefix listing from Fonefinder so I copied all of the information into a formatted spreadsheet. You can sort via the drop down menus in the header row.

Excel 2007: http://www.mediafire.com/file/zt21ua...ixListing.xlsx
    Excel 95-2003 Compatibility Mode: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5keq0g...fixListing.xls

Drop me a PM if you'd prefer to have it emailed. Let me know which version you want/need, or if you want both.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vask For This Useful Post:

I believe Toronto Canada has area code 914 as well. I realized this after looking into missing kids from niagra falls area, specifically Jamie Lafebvre looks a lot like him.
    http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ont..._pickering.htm.
    His stepfather is listed in an article as George Svoboda, I wonder if he has seen the info on Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine95 View Post
    I believe Toronto Canada has area code 914 as well. I realized this after looking into missing kids from niagra falls area, specifically Jamie Lafebvre looks a lot like him.
    http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/Ont..._pickering.htm.
    His stepfather is listed in an article as George Svoboda, I wonder if he has seen the info on Jason?
    The only area codes in Toronto and area around 1995 were 416 and 905. Newer ones include 647 and 437. There may be a 416 area code number with a 914 prefix.

I really hope they follow up with DNA tests on the red jeans they found in the niagara river. Jamie Lefebvre's possible connection to the Grateful Dead fan is interesting. I really don't see these 'Lost Boys' as being deadheads but there was only three of them seen on the video at the marina from when they went missing. Where were the other three? And where are all six now? Where is the boat they were on?

It's posible the girls names were never actually Caroline,, it could have been something they told him or he could have decided to call them that himself as a nickname... it could be from a song, the girls could be from North or South Carolina and it could be a play on Carolina - Caroline... The T and O could be the initials of their first name... in this counter culture it is common for people to use names other than their own

Does anyone have access to the full number? We should be be trying it with all the possible prefixes that have been narrowed down. As well as countries with the same ###-#### pattern. I have a magic jack, I will gladly make the international calls...if I'm privy to the number somehow. Or maybe someone who has already been in communication with the pertaining LE can get the rest of the digits (instead of multiple people pestering them). Might be a long shot-but then again, my parents have had the same number since '86. I think this really needs to be done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12