1022 users online (171 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Hurricane Gustav

Hurricane Gustav has formed and will head for the Gulf of Mexico or Florida eventually:

http://www.noaawatch.gov/2008/gustav.php
    Last edited by Dark Knight; 08-26-2008 at 03:02 AM. Reason: storm was upgraded

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Joy. We're still dealing with the fallout from Fay.

Gustav has been upgraded to a hurricane according to the AP.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Thanks for the upbeat news DK!!!!

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Thanks for the upbeat news DK!!!!
    No problem, that's what I'm here for!

Gustav is forecast to make a slow track south of Cuba through the middle of the week before possibly emerging into the Gulf of Mexico by Labor Day weekend. If the storm takes a more southerly track over warmer waters, there is a real possibility that Gustav can strengthen past a Category 1 Hurricane

All interests in the Gulf of Mexico should keep a close eye on this storm as it progresses through the Caribbean. Depending on how the hurricane progresses, Gustav may be a serious concern to the Gulf Coast states next week.

Meanwhile, Fay continues to slam the Deep South with heavy rain as it slowly starts to move out of the region. However, the southeast will continue to feel the effects of the remnants of Fay for the next couple of days.

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-...08-08-26_08:41

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Good Grief.... When will this maddness stop !! Well at least this time we will have our roof done. That was so scarey.. I don't wish a hurricane on anyone but we were so freaked we had 1/2 of our new roof on Shingles staked on top of house.. Well thank God we did not need the BLUE roof LOL... Thanks DK for update
    "This isn't who they are. It is only what happened to them."
    Jaycee Dugard

Death toll already at 11, expected to become a Cat 3, still:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080827/...opical_weather

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

I really, really, really don't want Gustav to show up in Louisiana!

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I really, really, really don't want Gustav to show up in Louisiana!

Yeah you and me both, Im so worried about this dang storm coming here.

Ditto y'all. I'm a bundle of nerves!

You all hang in there and stay safe. I will be watching the storm and thinking of you.

I worry about NO, will they be able to handle another one?

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    You all hang in there and stay safe. I will be watching the storm and thinking of you.

I worry about NO, will they be able to handle another one?

I truly don't know if New Orleans could ever be made hurricane proof.....it's below sea level.

I do like Bobby Jindal's very pro-active hurricane plans, especially when compared to Kathleen Blanco's approach........of course, he has the advantage of having seen what happened with Katrina. His plan calls for contra-flow to begin early, he's got busses lined up to take those without transportation, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the PEOPLE of New Orleans will be in a MUCH safer position this time, provided they follow evacuation orders!

I just don't think it's going to hit New Orleans. I hope I'm right. I just think the track keeps shifting West and it's going to continue to. I live about an hr. North of N.O. and all of my family is in N.O. So, I guess it's just wishfull thinking. I feel that it's a little to early for their to be a very accurate prediction of the track Gustav will take.

Quote Originally Posted by LanieCoz View Post
    I just don't think it's going to hit New Orleans. I hope I'm right. I just think the track keeps shifting West and it's going to continue to. I live about an hr. North of N.O. and all of my family is in N.O. So, I guess it's just wishfull thinking. I feel that it's a little to early for their to be a very accurate prediction of the track Gustav will take.
    Lanie, I don't think it will hit NO either...the track is starting to go west..lets hope it continues!! My family is in Houma so I'm watching very closely also!! Be safe!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast