Round 2. This will be Gustav should it turn into a hurricane. LOL

Time Lat Lon Wind(mph) Pressure Storm type
-------------------------------------------------------------
12 GMT 08/18/08 12.7N 34.4W 25 1009 Invest
18 GMT 08/18/08 12.9N 35.2W 25 1009 Invest
00 GMT 08/19/08 13.1N 36.2W 25 1009 Invest
06 GMT 08/19/08 13.1N 37.0W 25 1009 Invest
12 GMT 08/19/08 12.5N 37.2W 25 1009 Invest
18 GMT 08/19/08 13.0N 37.9W 25 1007 Invest http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200894_model.html
00 GMT 08/20/08 12.7N 38.4W 25 1007 Invest

Elsewhere in the tropics
A tropical wave about 100 0miles west-southwest of the Cape Verde Islands has changed little today. This system (94L) shows signs of rotation on visible satellite imagery. Wind shear is a modest 10 knots over this disturbance, and is expected to remain about 10 knots through Wednesday. The storm is over warm 28°C waters. Given these moderately favorable conditions, NHC is giving this system a medium (20%-50% chance) of developing into a tropical depression by Thursday afternoon. The storm is expected to track west-northwest and be near the northern Lesser Antilles Islands by Friday night. The wind shear forecast has been flip-flopping from low to high and back to low again over the past two days, so I will cautiously forecast some slow development over the next few days, assuming that the current forecast of 10-15 knots will hold over the next 3-5 days. There is a large area of dry air and Saharan dust to the northwest of the storm, as seen on water vapor satellite imagery. This dry air is already interfering with development, and likely will continue to do so over the next three days. The GFDL and HWRF develop 94L into a weak tropical storm.
http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1033&tstamp=200808

BB - hope that all is well over on your side of the "Sunshine" State! Soggy and Groggy over here after dealing with Fay who won't go Away!

I saw this the other day... it was tagged at being at the orange level with a 20% to 50% chance of taking shape as a viable tropical entity... now it is back down to the yellow level of 20% to less chance. Hope it keeps diminishing...

Joy. We're still dealing with the fallout from Fay. :mad:

Gustav has been upgraded to a hurricane according to the AP.

Thanks for the upbeat news DK!!!!

Thanks for the upbeat news DK!!!!

No problem, that's what I'm here for! :crazy:

Gustav is forecast to make a slow track south of Cuba through the middle of the week before possibly emerging into the Gulf of Mexico by Labor Day weekend. If the storm takes a more southerly track over warmer waters, there is a real possibility that Gustav can strengthen past a Category 1 Hurricane

All interests in the Gulf of Mexico should keep a close eye on this storm as it progresses through the Caribbean. Depending on how the hurricane progresses, Gustav may be a serious concern to the Gulf Coast states next week.

Meanwhile, Fay continues to slam the Deep South with heavy rain as it slowly starts to move out of the region. However, the southeast will continue to feel the effects of the remnants of Fay for the next couple of days.

uhaG_2_640x480.gif

http://www.accuweather.com/news-top-headline.asp?partner=google&traveler=0&date=2008-08-26_08:41

Good Grief.... When will this maddness stop !! Well at least this time we will have our roof done. That was so scarey.. I don't wish a hurricane on anyone but we were so freaked we had 1/2 of our new roof on Shingles staked on top of house.. Well thank God we did not need the BLUE roof LOL... Thanks DK for update

I really, really, really don't want Gustav to show up in Louisiana!

You all hang in there and stay safe. I will be watching the storm and thinking of you.

I worry about NO, will they be able to handle another one?

You all hang in there and stay safe. I will be watching the storm and thinking of you.

I worry about NO, will they be able to handle another one?

I truly don't know if New Orleans could ever be made hurricane proof.....it's below sea level.

I do like Bobby Jindal's very pro-active hurricane plans, especially when compared to Kathleen Blanco's approach........of course, he has the advantage of having seen what happened with Katrina. His plan calls for contra-flow to begin early, he's got busses lined up to take those without transportation, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the PEOPLE of New Orleans will be in a MUCH safer position this time, provided they follow evacuation orders!

I just don't think it's going to hit New Orleans. I hope I'm right. I just think the track keeps shifting West and it's going to continue to. I live about an hr. North of N.O. and all of my family is in N.O. So, I guess it's just wishfull thinking. I feel that it's a little to early for their to be a very accurate prediction of the track Gustav will take.

I just don't think it's going to hit New Orleans. I hope I'm right. I just think the track keeps shifting West and it's going to continue to. I live about an hr. North of N.O. and all of my family is in N.O. So, I guess it's just wishfull thinking. I feel that it's a little to early for their to be a very accurate prediction of the track Gustav will take.
Lanie, I don't think it will hit NO either...the track is starting to go west..lets hope it continues!! My family is in Houma so I'm watching very closely also!! Be safe!!

Never underestimate Mother Nature.

I am watching this one too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member