Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Emily Machado, 3, Berwyn, 27 March 2008

I got a friends request today on my missing/unidentified myspace. I clicked on to read the profile because the little girl he was using as his default picture was breathtakingly beautiful. He claims that his ex took off with his daughter and he has received no help in trying to get her back. I asked for more info and he gave it to me, including moms birthdate and name and some of her relatives names and the date that the mother left with the child. How do I go about verifying his story and/or helping him to track her down?

Here is the myspace link http://www.myspace.com/daddyandemily

I also found this, so it seems as if he is legit: http://www.findemilymachado.com/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-19-2011 at 09:33 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymistry35 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Wow t., you'll have to keep us posted. Unfortunately I don't know where/how you can check, but I know there are lots of others here that can help.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TopGunner For This Useful Post:

Kat

I don't know either, but I'm bumping this back up to the top so that someone that does know what to do can help.

Hi Tranaice, I looked at his myspace page and it looks legit, but what the heck do I know? Sad, if it's true.

I'd forward it to a mod., I am sure they have a special process to add a case to a specific forum. They might even have more information about this case!

Good luck! She is a beautiful little girl!

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Teons, I would first verify that he has a custody or visitation agreement granting him access to the child. Should be in his divorce decree. I'd then verify with the county that it is current. I'm not sure they would give that info, but..... If he was never married and never filed for visitation then he needs to do that, as he would not have any legal claims. Hope that makes sense.

This link has been suggested by parents who have had a parent kidnap their child. This may provide some additional info as well.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/

ETA: Teons, I am in IL too and not far from Berwyn. pm me if I can be of help.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Kat

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    David Thelan at this group also helps fathers with abducted children.
    He's worked with a few parents I know of... He might also be of help.

http://www.findthekids.org/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thanks everyone.

Cubby, I sent the dad the links that you gave me. I hope to hear back from him soon.

thanks Teons, I shot off an email to my contacts in the FR area who are familiar with and have been through this. Hoping to get some assistance/direction from them. If she has taken the child out of the country he will have the Hague Convention... I still need to find the info on interstate parental kidnapping. Will post it when I do.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I got a friends request today on my missing/unidentified myspace. I clicked on to read the profile because the little girl he was using as his default picture was breathtakingly beautiful. He claims that his ex took off with his daughter and he has received no help in trying to get her back. I asked for more info and he gave it to me, including moms birthdate and name and some of her relatives names and the date that the mother left with the child. How do I go about verifying his story and/or helping him to track her down?

Here is the myspace link http://www.myspace.com/daddyandemily

I also found this, so it seems as if he is legit: http://www.findemilymachado.com/
    I will contact him through my Baby Grace / Riley Ann Sawyers MySpace account also, and see what I can do to help him. I will see if he will forward me any of his legal papers that he speaks of in his post. I am sure that the group that has formed around Riley's case will help me in disemminating his info, this is the type of case that Grandma Sheryl is so worried about. This is exactly what happened in Riley's case, and unfortunately, we all know the tragic ending there. Poor Robert, Riley's dad, was never able to get any LE help on reporting Riley missing.

Thanks for posting this, and if you get any more info, please, please, let me know.
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

Here is a list of local media in the area where Emily went missing. Maybe if enough people called or e-mailed about the story, they would at least write a short piece about it.

Hmmm...I could have sworn I posted them. I have to go look them up again.

Here is the link for the parental kidnapping prevention act.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pkpa.php

He needs a missing persons report filed. Barb, can the group your mentioned above help with that? I know Kelly from Project Jason has been able to help in the past when LE refused. Maybe he should contact her?

For some reason, the last name Machado looks familiar to me. From where I don't know, I searched my yahoo SP forum and wasn't there.....
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Here is the link for the parental kidnapping prevention act.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pkpa.php

He needs a missing persons report filed. Barb, can the group your mentioned above help with that? I know Kelly from Project Jason has been able to help in the past when LE refused. Maybe he should contact her?

For some reason, the last name Machado looks familiar to me. From where I don't know, I searched my yahoo SP forum and wasn't there.....
    I'm actually talking to him online at MySpace right now. I am going to send him to Kelly, thanks for that suggestion. I don't know if my group can help with that right now, but we are getting organized to be able to do so. We are going to file for business license and 501(c)3 shortly.

I'll update when I get more info from him.
    Forever in my heart

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

You two are wonderful.

I just got off the phone with Michael....poor guy.

I was able to look up his court records, and he has indeed been granted custody of his daughter. However, the police are refusing to file a missing person case. Very, very strange. I am going to do whatever I can to help him, but I think right now, the police are really intimidating him. Really, really ticks me off big time, especially knowing what happened in Riley's case.

I am going to forward him every link i know of to help him. I have given him my contact info, etc. and will be speaking to him often. will keep you updated.
    Forever in my heart

18. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Hiya Barb. I can only imagine Cook Counties finest are being complete jerks. If he has in fact been granted custody then yes he needs a missing persons report. I am going to pm you.
    ~JMO~

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast