Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IL - Emily Nialyn Manion Machado, 3, Berwyn, 27 March 2008

IL - Emily Nialyn Manion Machado, 3, Berwyn, 27 March 2008

I got a friends request today on my missing/unidentified myspace. I clicked on to read the profile because the little girl he was using as his default picture was breathtakingly beautiful. He claims that his ex took off with his daughter and he has received no help in trying to get her back. I asked for more info and he gave it to me, including moms birthdate and name and some of her relatives names and the date that the mother left with the child. How do I go about verifying his story and/or helping him to track her down?

Here is the myspace link http://www.myspace.com/daddyandemily

I also found this, so it seems as if he is legit: http://www.findemilymachado.com/
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 08-19-2011 at 09:33 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to teonspaleprincess For This Useful Post:

Kat

Wow t., you'll have to keep us posted. Unfortunately I don't know where/how you can check, but I know there are lots of others here that can help.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TopGunner For This Useful Post:

Kat

I don't know either, but I'm bumping this back up to the top so that someone that does know what to do can help.

Hi Tranaice, I looked at his myspace page and it looks legit, but what the heck do I know? Sad, if it's true.

I'd forward it to a mod., I am sure they have a special process to add a case to a specific forum. They might even have more information about this case!

Good luck! She is a beautiful little girl!

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Teons, I would first verify that he has a custody or visitation agreement granting him access to the child. Should be in his divorce decree. I'd then verify with the county that it is current. I'm not sure they would give that info, but..... If he was never married and never filed for visitation then he needs to do that, as he would not have any legal claims. Hope that makes sense.

This link has been suggested by parents who have had a parent kidnap their child. This may provide some additional info as well.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/

ETA: Teons, I am in IL too and not far from Berwyn. pm me if I can be of help.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Kat

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    David Thelan at this group also helps fathers with abducted children.
    He's worked with a few parents I know of... He might also be of help.

http://www.findthekids.org/
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Thanks everyone.

Cubby, I sent the dad the links that you gave me. I hope to hear back from him soon.

thanks Teons, I shot off an email to my contacts in the FR area who are familiar with and have been through this. Hoping to get some assistance/direction from them. If she has taken the child out of the country he will have the Hague Convention... I still need to find the info on interstate parental kidnapping. Will post it when I do.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I got a friends request today on my missing/unidentified myspace. I clicked on to read the profile because the little girl he was using as his default picture was breathtakingly beautiful. He claims that his ex took off with his daughter and he has received no help in trying to get her back. I asked for more info and he gave it to me, including moms birthdate and name and some of her relatives names and the date that the mother left with the child. How do I go about verifying his story and/or helping him to track her down?

Here is the myspace link http://www.myspace.com/daddyandemily

I also found this, so it seems as if he is legit: http://www.findemilymachado.com/
    I will contact him through my Baby Grace / Riley Ann Sawyers MySpace account also, and see what I can do to help him. I will see if he will forward me any of his legal papers that he speaks of in his post. I am sure that the group that has formed around Riley's case will help me in disemminating his info, this is the type of case that Grandma Sheryl is so worried about. This is exactly what happened in Riley's case, and unfortunately, we all know the tragic ending there. Poor Robert, Riley's dad, was never able to get any LE help on reporting Riley missing.

Thanks for posting this, and if you get any more info, please, please, let me know.
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

Here is a list of local media in the area where Emily went missing. Maybe if enough people called or e-mailed about the story, they would at least write a short piece about it.

Hmmm...I could have sworn I posted them. I have to go look them up again.

Here is the link for the parental kidnapping prevention act.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pkpa.php

He needs a missing persons report filed. Barb, can the group your mentioned above help with that? I know Kelly from Project Jason has been able to help in the past when LE refused. Maybe he should contact her?

For some reason, the last name Machado looks familiar to me. From where I don't know, I searched my yahoo SP forum and wasn't there.....
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Here is the link for the parental kidnapping prevention act.
    http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pkpa.php

He needs a missing persons report filed. Barb, can the group your mentioned above help with that? I know Kelly from Project Jason has been able to help in the past when LE refused. Maybe he should contact her?

For some reason, the last name Machado looks familiar to me. From where I don't know, I searched my yahoo SP forum and wasn't there.....
    I'm actually talking to him online at MySpace right now. I am going to send him to Kelly, thanks for that suggestion. I don't know if my group can help with that right now, but we are getting organized to be able to do so. We are going to file for business license and 501(c)3 shortly.

I'll update when I get more info from him.
    Forever in my heart

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

You two are wonderful.

I just got off the phone with Michael....poor guy.

I was able to look up his court records, and he has indeed been granted custody of his daughter. However, the police are refusing to file a missing person case. Very, very strange. I am going to do whatever I can to help him, but I think right now, the police are really intimidating him. Really, really ticks me off big time, especially knowing what happened in Riley's case.

I am going to forward him every link i know of to help him. I have given him my contact info, etc. and will be speaking to him often. will keep you updated.
    Forever in my heart

18. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Hiya Barb. I can only imagine Cook Counties finest are being complete jerks. If he has in fact been granted custody then yes he needs a missing persons report. I am going to pm you.
    ~JMO~

Someone pm'd and asked me to stop by here.

My first thought, CALL CUBBY! I see she is here...second thought, DAVID THELAN, I see Cubby has already mentioned.

I went throught this very exact same thing personally...also we (WS/LTWH) just went through this with the Cook case, solved now and reunite coming.

What is the status with Dad making a report?

Is anyone here actually SPEAKING with Dad? If not, get me his email and I will send him my tele, if you have my tele just send it on and tell him it's OK to call.

I won this with help of my local reps/senators....they proved to LE there WAS a law in place were the SO could NOT take my son EVEN if I DID NOT have temp custody yet (which I did)...I will share the news articles (2) privately for those that want to view, email me.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to christine2448 For This Useful Post:

Hi Christine,

Thansk for stopping by. I talked to him via phone about an hour ago. Poor guy is really getting the run around. LE has now told him he can not post any flyers or MySpace/websites reporting the child missing...WTH??

He is really, really getting the run around. Lawyer is going to drop his case, due to lack of funds. If you want to look at the court records, I'll send you a pm on how to check them out. I told him he had a strong case.

I would like you to talk to him, so I'll get his e-mail. I have his and his sister's phone numbers.

Thanks,
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    Someone pm'd and asked me to stop by here.

My first thought, CALL CUBBY! I see she is here...second thought, DAVID THELAN, I see Cubby has already mentioned.

I went throught this very exact same thing personally...also we (WS/LTWH) just went through this with the Cook case, solved now and reunite coming.

What is the status with Dad making a report?

Is anyone here actually SPEAKING with Dad? If not, get me his email and I will send him my tele, if you have my tele just send it on and tell him it's OK to call.

I won this with help of my local reps/senators....they proved to LE there WAS a law in place were the SO could NOT take my son EVEN if I DID NOT have temp custody yet (which I did)...I will share the news articles (2) privately for those that want to view, email me.
    Forever in my heart

23. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Christine, will you update when you have spoken with him?

Update from my end.
    1)Ray Akron/Pace (fathers rights activist) looking into legal issues with Mike posting his daughters info online. He is good with the law stuff and believes Mike can post per his 1st ammendment right.

2)Teri Stoddard -Fathers rights activist/ shared parenting works and jugsforjustice (yes they are covered) added to her blog and sent out to all her groups.. requesting info be forwarded world wide.

3)another Barbara- I'm not familiar with her- maybe an NCP?- but some kind of advocay, but she added to her myspace and sent a friends request to mike.

4)I suggested someone contact Glenn Sacks ( yes, he gets on my last nerve at times) a fathers rights activist with both a blog and radio show.

I am hoping to hear from Karl Hindle in a few days... and once we get that missing persons report we can move forward.

Copy of Teri's post- with her permission. The other Emily, is Emily Rose Hindle. Her father Karl Hindle is in the process of fighting the custody order jurisdiction between the States and his hometown in England.

Another Emily Missing, Have You Seen Her? (please forward worldwide)

(please forward worldwide)my jugsforjustice website (link right below) post
    includes two videos
    Another Emily Missing, Have You Seen
    Her?<http://www.jugsforjustice.org/wordpress/?p=128>
    *August 27th, 2008* | **

[image: emily is missing and
    endangered]<http://www.jugsforjustice.org/wordpress/wp-content/emily88.jpg>

MISSING PERSON!

*Emily Nialyn Manion Machado <http://www.findemilymachado.com/Home_Page.php>
    *(click name for more info)*
    <http://www.findemilymachado.com/Home_Page.php>*
    CALL Sheirly Dworkin @ 312-759-8080, Father's Lawyer

Emily Nialyn Manion Machado
    Missing From: Berwyn, IL
    Date Missing: March 28, 2008
    Date of Birth: August 24, 2005
    Sex: Female
    Height: 30
    Weight: 25 lbs
    Eyes: Light Blue
    Hair: blond. Wears her hair down mostly. It's curly when down but when its
    up, her hair is straight
    Race: White/Hispanic

Emily has 2 pierced ears.

CIRCUMSTANCES
    Emily was taken by her mother who fled the country with her. Emily may not
    be ajusting to well where ever she is.

E-Mail The Family - Show them your support: findemilymachado@...

Find Emily Machado myspace:
    myspace.com/daddyandemily<http://www.http//myspace.com/daddyandemily>

E-Mail the Father's sister: melissamanionjoshua@...

--
    www.teristoddard.org
    www.sharedparentingworks.org
    www.jugsforjustice.org

When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into
    them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen. -- Arland Gilbert

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
    ~JMO~

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Christine, will you update when you have spoken with him?

Update from my end.
    1)Ray Akron/Pace (fathers rights activist) looking into legal issues with Mike posting his daughters info online. He is good with the law stuff and believes Mike can post per his 1st ammendment right.

2)Teri Stoddard -Fathers rights activist/ shared parenting works and jugsforjustice (yes they are covered) added to her blog and sent out to all her groups.. requesting info be forwarded world wide.

- snipped for space
    ]
    way to go cubby !! Thanks !!
    Forever in my heart

27. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Kat

Can someone pass this along to Mike.

YW Barbara.
    Ray from Pace- Akron Ohio received the following email from Judianne Cochran. I'm posting here so whoever is in contact with Mike can pass this along to him. If need be, I can ask Ray how to contact Judianne.

I don't do myspace because it locks up my ancient computer.

thanks!

-----Original Message-----
    From: pace-forum@yahoogroups.com [mailto:pace-forum@yahoogroups.com] On
    Behalf Of judianne cochran
    Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:40 AM
    To: pace-forum@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Re: [pace-forum] Need help for a dad. Fathers- Here is how we can
    work together. (moms too)

This man should contact the Illinois Missing Children's Clearing House which
    is a division of the Illinois State Police at 1-800-843-5763 . He can
    explain his situation and they will give him assistance and direction. The
    federal act....The Missing Children Assistance Act....requires that law
    enforcement enter the child in the NCIC as a missing child upon report by
    the parent. He should get several certified copies of his new temp order
    (which is not a default entry but rather an ex-parte emergency relief
    order). Sometimes there is difficulty getting a warrant since it was
    entered after the fact of the child's abduction, but he should be able to
    get a missing entry. Once he has that, there are then some other steps
    which will include filing a case with the National Center for Missing &
    Exploited Children. He also needs to understand that until and unless he
    has a warrant, though, he will not be able to have mom's pictures on any
    posters whether from NCMEC or the Clearing House.

Since he has the order he shouldn't have any need for the attorney at this
    time so it is of no importance if the attorney is "quitting him". The
    attorney can be of no use to him until & unless the child is recovered and
    the mom files for some custody rights. Illinois also has a criminal
    interference with custody law pertaining to "unlawful visitation
    interference" (720 Ill. Comp. Stat 5/10-5.5 (revised in 2001 which is a
    class A misdemeanor, so the original violation should have been useful for
    him.) in addition to the usual criminal custodial interference law, found at
    720 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/10-5 (Class 3 or 4 felony).

Illinois law 325 Ill. com. Stat 40/7 also requires that there is NO waiting
    period for investigation of a missing child case.

The police jurisdiction handling a case has to be the jurisdiction from
    where the child was removed. Cook County is not a suburb....Chicago is Cook
    County. If the child was living in a suburb, then that suburban police
    department is where he needs to go to file the report. If the child lived
    in Chicago, then he should go to the Chicago Police, Juvenile or Missing
    Person's Division, and ask to speak with a detective. If he is just
    attempting to use the desk sergeant or patrol, he won't get anywhere. The
    Clearing House might be able to give him a direct contact.

I would imagine that if he had a decent attorney the court ordered that law
    enforcement assist him in recovering the child. That is standard for
    Illinois ex-parte orders in these cases.

You can send him running to all kinds of names out there, but the above is
    the appropriate process for him. I have been dealing with Illinois cases
    for 25 + years and this dad is just spinning his wheels unless he gets
    himself to the appropriate people in his own jurisdiction.
    ~JMO~

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Kat

Thank you again Cubby !! I have sent this on to Michael, and hope to hear from him soon. I had given him some info yesterday that he was going to check into w/ his lawyer this morning. Hopefully, it may lead to a missing person report quickly. If not, this information should do it for him. He has certainly been failed by LE up to this point !!
    Forever in my heart

31. The Following User Says Thank You to barb0301 For This Useful Post:

Kat

I cannot express how awed I am by you all. It just amazes me how quickly you jump in to help when someone needs you. It does me good to know that there are wonderful people like you all out there.

Quote Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess View Post
    I cannot express how awed I am by you all. It just amazes me how quickly you jump in to help when someone needs you. It does me good to know that there are wonderful people like you all out there.
    And I would say the same about you !! If not for you, none of us would know about this young man who is so desperately in need of help. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try to help him and his beautiful young daughter !!
    Forever in my heart

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teonspaleprincess
    Barb: And I would say the same about you !! If not for you, none of us would know about this young man who is so desperately in need of help. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to try to help him and his beautiful young daughter !!
    Ditto to you both! I am in awe of you both as well!
    I'm hoping to hear good news that Mike has his missing persons report for his daughter soon!
    ~JMO~

Update from Barb.

Mike called the clearing house and was refered back to Berwyn PD. She also sent me a tele to contact Mike. I will be calling Ray this afternoon to see if I can get a tele for Judianne. I will also be calling Christine and Mike, maybe we can do a 3 way call.

If necessary, I will also drive to Berwyn and accompany him to the PD to get this filed.... I am only about 30-40 min away with traffic. (not many miles, just the crazy Chicago/Burb traffic around here.- Rush hour almost 24-7)

Will update again later.
    ~JMO~

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Kat

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast