Casey Anthony's Written Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
On Monday, June 9, 2008 between 9AM and 1PM, I, Casey Anthony took my daughter Caylee Marie Anthony to her nanny’s apartment.

Caylee will be 3 years-old on August 9, 2008. She was born on August 9, 2005. (true statement)

Caylee is about 3 feet tall, white female with shoulder-length, light brown hair. She has dark hazel eyes (brown-green), and a small birthmark on her left shoulder. (true statement)

On the day of her disappearance, Caylee was wearing a pink shirt, with jean shorts, white sneakers and her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. (probably a true statement)

On Monday, June 9, 2008, between 9AM and 1PM, I took Caylee to the Sawgrass Apartments, located on Conway Road. Caylee’s nanny ZFG has watched her for the past year and a half, to two years.

Zenaida is twenty-five years old, and is from New York. She is roughly 5 foot, 7 inches tall, 140 pounds. She has dark brown, curly hair, and brown eyes.

Zenaida’s birthday is in September.

I met Zenaida through a mutual friend, JMH. She had watched his son, Zachary H for about 6 months, to a year. I met Zenaida in 2004, around Christmas.

On the date listed above, June 9, 2008, after dropping Caylee off at Zenaid’s apartment, I proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios, Orlando.

I have worked at Universal for over 4 years, since June 2004. I left work around 5:00 PM, and went back to the apartment to pick-up my daughter.

However, after reaching the apartment, I realized that neither Zenaida, Caylee, or either of her two roommates were home.

I have briefly met Raquel F, and Jennifer R, on various occasions.

After calling Zenaida to see where she and Caylee were, and when they were coming home, I waited outside of the apartment.

I had called Zenaida earlier that morning prior to bringing Caylee over for the afternoon. When I called her that afternoon her phone was no longer in service.

Two hours passed and around 7:00 PM, I left the apartment and headed to familiar places that Zenaida would go with Caylee. One of Caylee’s favorite places is Jay Blanchard Park. (true statement)

I spent the rest of that evening pacing and worrying at one of the few places I felt “at home”, my boyfriend Anthony L’s apartment. (true statement of "I felt at home")

For the past four weeks since Caylee’s disappearance, I have stayed at Anthony’s apartment in Sutton Place. (true statement)

I have spent everyday since June 9, 2008 looking for my daughter.

I have lied and stolen money from friends and family to do whatever I could by any means to find my daughter. (In red - true statement)
I avoided calling the police, or even notifying my own family out of fear. I have been and still am afraid of what has, or may happen to Caylee.

I have been and still am afraid of what has , or may happen to Caylee. I have not had any contact with Zenaida since Thursday, June 12, 2008. I received a quick call from Zenaida.

Not once have I been able to ask her for my daughter, or gain any information on where I can find her.

Everyday I have gone to malls, parks, any place I could remember Zenaida taking Caylee.

I have gone out, and tried to find any information about Caylee, or Zenaida, whether by going to a popular bar, or restaurant. (true statements)

I have contacted Jeff H on several occasions to see if he had heard from or seen Zenaida. Jeff currently lives in Jacksonville, Florida.

On Thursday, July 15, 2008 around 12pm, I received a phone call from my daughter, Caylee. Today was the first day I have heard her voice in over 4 weeks. I’m afraid of what Caylee is going through after 31 days, I know that the only thing that matters is getting my daughter back. (in red true statement)

With many and all attempts to contact Zenaida, and with the one short conversation, on June 12, 2008, I was never able to check on the status or well-being of my daughter.

Zenaida never made an attempt to explain why Caylee is no longer in Orlando, or is she is ever going to bring her home. (possible true statement)

The most telling of all is when Casey is being interrogated. When telling Casey that the detectives had gone through all the survilance tapes and that they knew for a fact she was never even at the Sawgrass apartments the detective says "So you lied, you were never at the Sawgrass apts." words to that effect.
Casey replied "Uh, Huh"

"Zenaida never made an attempt to explain why Caylee is no longer in Orlando, or is she is ever going to bring her home."

When did she say that Zenaida told her Caylee was no longer in Orlando???

The above statement makes it sound like (supposedly) Caylee is no longer in Orlando.

So she seriously admitted that she was not at Sawgrass that day to drop Caylee off?

So if she admitted that she never dropped Caylee off at Sawgrass....WHERE does she say she (supposedly) dropped her off at????????????????

I so don't have the time to read all 400 pages, but I have so many questions. I may just stay up all night tonight to read. Did they ask her follow-up questions after she admitted she lied?

I may print the pages and make notes on where I have questions or suspicious activity, links, clues, etc...

So if she admitted that she never dropped Caylee off at Sawgrass....WHERE does she say she (supposedly) dropped her off at????????????????

That's always been my question. She's known from the beginning that everyone knows she didn't drop Caylee off at the Sawgrass, but she still insists the baby was kidnapped by the babysitter. FROM WHERE? Where did she leave the baby? With whom? As far as I can tell, she's offered no other explanation. She didn't, from what I read, even during the police interrogation, that in itself is criminal.

I may print the pages and make notes on where I have questions or suspicious activity, links, clues, etc...

I've done that before, printing out court transcripts and important docs in so many cases. It makes it a lot easier to note things that are important. I may do that too, as soon as I buy some ink for my printer.

:praying: for Caylee

I remember a handwriting analyzer was on this board at one time! I would be really interested in seeing an analysis of her writing.

Ok, I don't get past the FIRST SENTENCE before I have a major problem....

what kind of mother isn't sure WHAT TIME she dropped her daughter off at the babysitter's?

"Between 9 am & 1 pm???!!!!" FOUR HOUR WINDOW???

If she's going to her (imaginary) 'job' what time did she want to start pretend working that day? :rolleyes:

Hard to believe her family, lawyer & LP would even begin to defend these STOOOOOPID lies. What's wrong with THEM???

That's always been my question. She's known from the beginning that everyone knows she didn't drop Caylee off at the Sawgrass, but she still insists the baby was kidnapped by the babysitter. FROM WHERE? Where did she leave the baby? With whom? As far as I can tell, she's offered no other explanation. She didn't, from what I read, even during the police interrogation, that in itself is criminal.

Don't tell me..... she dropped her off at a drug store? lol

Couldn't resist.

Ok, I don't get past the FIRST SENTENCE before I have a major problem....

what kind of mother isn't sure WHAT TIME she dropped her daughter off at the babysitter's?

"Between 9 am & 1 pm???!!!!" FOUR HOUR WINDOW???

Interestingly, that's the time block Tony went to school. That stuck out to me as well.

Interestingly, that's the time block Tony went to school. That stuck out to me as well.

I'm SURE LE has confirmed that Tony was at classes that day or if not, checked out any alibi he has. I just don't believe ANYONE EXCEPT Casey is involved in Caylee's disappearance.

She might have felt jealous that he's going off to a college campus with other girls & fun guys & she's stuck spending another day with Caylee. Another day of trying to find things to amuse the child until her parents come home from work so she can dump Caylee on them & go out to have FUN. I'm sure she was very aware that he was out of her reach between 9 am & 1 pm.

By the time George left for work, Casey might have been in a real, real bad mood..... her life isn't going the way she liked to pretend it was. Not even close. And it was steadily getting worse now that Caylee was getting older.... you can't just stick her in a stroller & give her a bottle to keep her busy. Worse! The child is flirting with guys & it's not so easy to keep boys interested in YOU if you have an active toddler.

Very good catch! My questions is, if she did not really have a job, where the heck was she and why din't LE pin her down on that? It did not seem that they did. She admitted she was lying about working at Universal, so, where was she? What did she need the nanny for? How did she pay for it? Also, in the other interviews I did read (did not read them all), LE did not seem to follow up on many things with witnesses like TonE. LE did not follow up on vague answers. I would have really tried to pin TonE down on exact times and dates and asked him if he and Casey intedned that she would move in? Was the shack-up arrangement just an informal one without a real plan? If so, how did he think it would end? Would she be moving in or would he be asking her to leave at some point? If he entertained thoughts of Casey moving in, was Caylee, in TonE's mind, part of that plan? I have so many more questions. I wonder if LE had a chance to reinterview their witnesses.

<<I have been and still am afraid of what has , or may happen to Caylee>>

I think this sentence alone says alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members