GUILTY Israel - Rose Pizem, 4, beaten to death, Netanya, 12 May 2008

What penalty for the murderous step/grandfather?

• Death penalty

Votes: 45 78.9%
  • Life imprisonment

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Something less than life imprisonment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hey,

I am an Israeli citizen.
I hate to say this, but Israel *effectively* does not have death penalty. (Officially, it does, but it is so complicated and limited.)

the only person ever sentenced to execution in Israel is Adolf Eichmann for his role in the mass murder of millions of jews, gypsies, disabled people, and other so-called "undesirables" according to Nazi philosophy.

There hasn't ever been a death penalty case in Israel before that, nor will there likely ever be one again.

What do they mean that he's both the grandfather and the step-father? Please tell me that was a mistake...

No not a joke, unfortunately. The wife/mom was married to a guy and has this child with him. they divorced, and she married the ex-husband's father.

Yeah. Nice.

Thanks boston baby, I just found an article that (sort of) explained it. Weird, weird story.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1015400.html

The investigation revealed a complicated family history. Rose Ron was born in France to French-born Marie and Pizem, an Israeli, before either had turned 20. When the she was an infant, her parents came to Israel for a visit with Pizem's family. At the end of the visit, Pizem returned to France with his daughter Rose, and Marie remained in Israel after falling in love with Pizem's father, Ronny.

This is one of the most disgusting cases I have ever read about. Did you guys see the pictures of little Rose in the video in the link below:

She has visible tears in her eyes in almost every picture. Her entire life was one of misery. The entire family deserves the DP from what I read in the article above. During her life with the biological father who had her for the first few years of her life, she was absued to the point that she was essentially nonverbal, and the banged her head into the wall constantly. She was placed in some sort of facility and her biological mother, who was now married to the biological grandfather went thru legal proceeedings to get custody - which they did. Once Rose, mom and grandfather were together in the little apartment, things went South fairly fast. They could not deal with her behavior, and they would send her to Vivian, the great grandmother. She seemed kind to the child, but eventually forced her son to take the girl and leave.....WHEN SHE FREAKING KNEW ROSE WOULD BE ABUSED!!! :furious::furious::furious: At some point, she called, and that is when LE got involved. From the grandfather's story, it was the day that he picked her up from the great grandmother that he killed her. He struck her in the car. So, so, sad. From her behavior and what they have said, it makes me wonder if little Rose may have had some form of autism - the nonverbal and head banging nature of her behavior. How horrible for her to have been born into such an ignorant and incompassionate famly. In the South, we would call them "white trash". Not sure what they are called in Israel, but I bet they have a word for this sort of unacceptable behavior. Little Rose is at peace now, and I feel certain the people who never hugged her, never loved her, never tucked her into her bed at night, never bought her a teddy bear - they will all suffer from their bad karma, and it will hopefully be sooner, rather than latter. :mad:

This is one of the saddest stories I have ever read. How sad for this little girl to never know a day of love and happiness in her life.
I believe in a final judge and that judge will make sure that these people get EXACTLY what is coming to them.
IMHO

I agree CuriosityCat - I only hope that the judgement happens in this world so that we can see the evidence of it happening. In the big picture - I guess that is irrelavant - but in the picture of someone who loves humanity, and who reads this crap day in and day out, always praying for the souls of those who are hurt and murdered - it would be nice to see justice in action - real time. :woohoo:

Body of missing girl found in suitcase

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- Israeli police divers on Thursday found a suitcase containing human remains that are believed to be the body of a missing 4-year-old girl, an Israeli police spokesman said.
The suitcase was pulled out of the Yarkon River in Tel Aviv, where police have been searching for Rose Pizem, Mickey Rosenfeld told CNN

Two weeks ago, the girl's grandfather Roni Ron, 45, told police he stuffed her body in a suitcase and dumped it in the Yarkon River, which runs from Tel Aviv to Netanya along Israel's coast.

The remains will be tested to confirm the identification of the body and the tests could be completed by this afternoon, Rosenfeld said.

Ron initially told police he accidentally killed Rose when he slapped her in a fit of rage, then changed his account.

Police transcripts quote Ron as saying: "I parked the car on the sidewalk. I opened the trunk, pulled out the suitcase and when I reached the banks of the river, I threw it. She's finished. I finished her. I saw the water seeping in, and the suitcase slowly sinking."

Isreal police find bag thought to hold girl's body

JERUSALEM - Police divers searching a river Thursday pulled out a red duffel bag holding a small skull, bones and clothes they said probably was the body of a 4-year-old French girl believed killed by her mother's lover — the child's grandfather.

The search for Rose Pizem and the tangled tale of her short life have riveted Israel for weeks — and given rise to much public soul-searching over how a child could disappear for months without anyone noticing.
Autopsy results were pending, but police in Tel Aviv clearly believed the body was the blue-eyed, auburn-haired Rose, who disappeared in May.
"We found the girl's body, but it needs to undergo tests so we can be completely sure it's her," Police Commissioner David Cohen told reporters.
Rose's 45-year-old grandfather, Roni Ron, initially told police he struck and killed the little girl in a fit of rage and threw a suitcase containing her body into the Yarkon River in Tel Aviv.
He has since claimed he confessed under duress. Both he and the girl's mother, 23-year-old Marie-Charlotte Renault, have been in police custody for weeks.
SNIP- More at link

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/israel_missing_girl

The article is very sad, and for those of you who have followed this case or would llike, this is the link to a VERY thorough slide show of pics and the whole story of Rose and her tragic death. Its from Yahoo and shows complete coverage from beg. to end.

http://tinyurl.com/5d492w

The slide slow is very touching. What a waste of a beautiful young girl who had her whole life ahead of her. Poor baby- May she rest in peace now. :blowkiss:

OMG, that poor little girl. What a beautiful darling child. She didn't ask to be born and certainly didn't deserve the neglect and abuse that her parents and grandparents heaped on her small life.

This is one of the most disgusting cases I have ever read about. Did you guys see the pictures of little Rose in the video in the link below:

She has visible tears in her eyes in almost every picture. Her entire life was one of misery. The entire family deserves the DP from what I read in the article above. During her life with the biological father who had her for the first few years of her life, she was absued to the point that she was essentially nonverbal, and the banged her head into the wall constantly. She was placed in some sort of facility and her biological mother, who was now married to the biological grandfather went thru legal proceeedings to get custody - which they did. Once Rose, mom and grandfather were together in the little apartment, things went South fairly fast. They could not deal with her behavior, and they would send her to Vivian, the great grandmother. She seemed kind to the child, but eventually forced her son to take the girl and leave.....WHEN SHE FREAKING KNEW ROSE WOULD BE ABUSED!!! :furious::furious::furious: At some point, she called, and that is when LE got involved. From the grandfather's story, it was the day that he picked her up from the great grandmother that he killed her. He struck her in the car. So, so, sad. From her behavior and what they have said, it makes me wonder if little Rose may have had some form of autism - the nonverbal and head banging nature of her behavior. How horrible for her to have been born into such an ignorant and incompassionate famly. In the South, we would call them "white trash". Not sure what they are called in Israel, but I bet they have a word for this sort of unacceptable behavior. Little Rose is at peace now, and I feel certain the people who never hugged her, never loved her, never tucked her into her bed at night, never bought her a teddy bear - they will all suffer from their bad karma, and it will hopefully be sooner, rather than latter. :mad:

This is so sad for a baby to be abused!
Yes up North, we would call them "white trash" also.
Thankfully these monsters will go straight to JAIL.
I voted DP, but he will never get it over there........
maybe stone him??? LOL
I don't think 1 strike killed her, he probably beat her to death!

Life in Prison, only because I don't believe in the DP. But I hope he drops the soap. Several, several times.

Hi Kat- HAPPY MOMMY'S DAY!!!! whether we have kids,pets or young friends, we are all moms in some way :crazy: I have ALL of the above, and all of my babies are busy, except my puppy :) I havent followed this case since Ron told them where the body was-

Im not up on my Isreali law, but I know they dont believe in DP (99% sure), but what do you think his harshest penality will be? They dont have the rapes and beatings as often as we do in the US, but he will still get something for being an older man, let alone a child killer and abuser :furious:

Happy Mother's day to you too Chico...all five of mine have either hugged me or called today :D

I'm not sure what the outcome to this trial will be...I'm going to follow it though :) I'll try to keep the thread updated for those that are curious to see it to the end too.

Happy Mom Day :seeya:

ETA: O/T but today is my day to jam, no teen music...we have Sinatra jammin, Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald :D So instead of shorty shorty, b@@tie music, we are "flying me to the moon" heh

Happy I'm not sure what the outcome to this trial will be...I'm going to follow it though :) I'll try to keep the thread updated for those that are curious to see it to the end too.

Happy Mom Day :seeya:

ETA: O/T but today is my day to jam, no teen music...we have Sinatra jammin, Etta James and Ella Fitzgerald :D So instead of shorty shorty, b@@tie music, we are "flying me to the moon" heh

OH, Kat, Thank You for following this case and keeping us updated! You are one of my favorite posters at WS's, and I appreciate all that you do! I will never be able to get the image of little Rose's eyes out of my mind, but then again....I don't want to. I hope to look in those eyes in Heaven someday and give her a hug that she never got here on earth. In a way, I feel that we at WS's are all Mother's and Father's of a sort to these children who are in our threads. We love them, I KNOW that for sure. I am only sad that the people in their real lives couldn't have loved them too. I do believe in justice and ultimate karma, and no matter what happens at the trial, the two excuses for parents who should have loved little Rose will suffer - now....or for eternity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back