Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 385
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    16,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Chezhire View Post
    K - following up here and not trying to argue with anyone

    I am missing the point of why everyone is so wrapped around the axle, I guess, and I'm not an entymologist (do we have anyone here at WS who IS and can help us?!?!? PLEASE!!!)

    Seems to me that (1) if Caylee died on the 15/16 of June (which is when I think she passed away), and (2) the life cycle of the flies began wherever she was initially placed BEFORE she was later placed in the trunk, and (3) she was in the trunk for approz. 2.5 days before car went to Amscott, you could get the flies and maggots July 15, right, especially if there was enough dried out pizza for them to eat on (shuddering at the thought now.)

    Anyone?
    all the other stuff is a wee bit to much for me--but as I recall no maggots or flies would eat the pizza....could be wrong but remember that somewhere along the line---but then again..its been a long long winding road...
    jmo


  2. #122
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Heartland USA
    Posts
    564
    Not a bug expert, but I don't think we know enough about the flies to use them in a timeline. If there was any human fluid/food source in the trunk, the flies could have entered after the body was removed and began their cycle. We don't know what kind of fly or how many stages there really were in the trunk.

    I also think the FBI trunk report was preliminary, and looks like it needed to be fine-tuned re the mean temps in FL during the time in question. I think this initial report was mainly addressing what the smell actually was. Further study might alter the 2-3 day estimate.


  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by zoey View Post
    all the other stuff is a wee bit to much for me--but as I recall no maggots or flies would eat the pizza....could be wrong but remember that somewhere along the line---but then again..its been a long long winding road...
    jmo
    I believe what happened was when the FBI ran a control experiment with the same brand of pizza that the pizza box was and for a similar amount of time, no maggots were present and they noted it as an interesting thing.

    ABC provided $200,000.00 to
    Casey Anthonys defense!
    The MURDERED should not be USED to pay for the MURDERERS DEFENSE!

    American Tragedy: The defense of Casey Anthony.

    Juror No. 11 somehow made the journey from Casey is the one on trial to George may be a murderer, based on how George acted on the stand? 3 years of evidence against Casey and he throws George under the bus. Makes sense?
    What evidence indicated that George might be a murderer? Anyone?
    Weren't they to ONLY consider EVIDENCE?
    This NOT GUILTY verdict throws Caylee right back into the swamp she decomposed in. Thanks to this "impartial" jury.


  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    24
    I watched a show years ago when a woman died in a bathtub and was there approx. around a month. CSI did testing... Maggots .. put in a blender and ran DNA on them..this can be done..amazingly how they do things like this. But by doing this they narrowed it down to how long the body was dead to the date an i think approx. time .. so yay for maggot dna in blenders testing... IMO i think this is one of the many dna testing from body farm that we the public has not seen yet, among alot of other evidence not shown yet.

    Whew!!! That was a close one. Officer she went that way. White pontiac sunfire, You cant miss it , just follow the smell in the trunk!


  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Emerald City
    Posts
    6,476
    Is there an actual factual reference to maggots being found in the trunk? I cannot find a source that is not Cindy and her pizza theory or LP repeating that info.

    The tow truck people do not mention maggots in their statements. Simon does reference flies when the trunk opens, but nothing about maggots.

    They are not mentioned by LE, by the forensic reports, or in any of the request for discovery documents? They are not mentioned in the bond hearing when they are explaining to the judge why they think this is going towards a murder investigation. They are not listed in the evidence that Baez wants preserved for defense testing. They would be really vital evidence, why aren't they mentioned anywhere?

    Just starting to wonder if this didn't start with Cindy?


  6. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    799
    When someones heart stops pumping blood around their body, the tissues and cells are deprived of oxygen and rapidly begin to die.

    But different cells die at different rates. So, for example, brain cells die within three to seven minutes, while skin cells can be taken from a dead body for up to 24 hours after death and still grow normally in a laboratory culture.

    From this point on, nature is very efficient at breaking down human corpses. Decomposition is well under way by the time burial or cremation occurs. However, the exact rate of decomposition depends to some extent on environmental conditions.

    Decomposition in the air is twice as fast as when the body is under water and four times as fast as underground. Corpses are preserved longer when buried deeper, as long as the ground isn't waterlogged.

    The intestines are packed with millions of micro-organisms that don't die with the person. These organisms start to break down the dead cells of the intestines, while some, especially bacteria called clostridia and coliforms, start to invade other parts of the body.

    At the same time the body undergoes its own intrinsic breakdown under the action of enzymes and other chemicals which have been released by the dead cells. The pancreas, for example, is usually packed with digestive enzymes, and so rapidly digests itself.

    The decomposing tissues release green substances and gas, which make the skin green/blue and blistered, starting on the abdomen. The front of the body swells, the tongue may protrude, and fluid from the lungs oozes out of the mouth and nostrils.

    This unpleasant sight is added to by a terrible smell as gases such as hydrogen sulphide (rotten egg smell), methane and traces of mercaptans are released. This stage is reached in temperate countries after about four to six days, much faster in the tropics and slower in cold or dry conditions.

    A corpse left above ground is then rapidly broken down by insects and animals, including bluebottles and carrion fly maggots, followed by beetles, ants and wasps.

    In the tropics, a corpse can become a moving mass of maggots within 24 hours.

    If there are no animals to destroy the body, hair, nails and teeth become detached within a few weeks, and after a month or so the tissues become liquefied and the main body cavities burst open.

    I truly believe that she was placed somewhere in a protective covering (possibly buried), then moved to a different location, during that transport the protective covering was breached and that would explain the smell of decomp in the car, although the trunk is closed it is not sealed from the front compartment and the smell would migrate from the trunk to the inside compartment.

    The body if buried and then moved would most likely leave trace amounts of soil in the trunk also. I think she left the car at Amscot because the smell was so bad that she could not stand it.

    Often a body will be relocated to a different area, you have to remember that she is a CSI fan and although the stories they tell are not 100% accurate, they are also not that far off about body disposal.

    At which point do you tie in the 2.6 days, that is the big question.
    Georgia PI


  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgia PI View Post
    When someones heart stops pumping blood around their body, the tissues and cells are deprived of oxygen and rapidly begin to die.

    But different cells die at different rates. So, for example, brain cells die within three to seven minutes, while skin cells can be taken from a dead body for up to 24 hours after death and still grow normally in a laboratory culture.

    From this point on, nature is very efficient at breaking down human corpses. Decomposition is well under way by the time burial or cremation occurs. However, the exact rate of decomposition depends to some extent on environmental conditions.

    Decomposition in the air is twice as fast as when the body is under water and four times as fast as underground. Corpses are preserved longer when buried deeper, as long as the ground isn't waterlogged.

    The intestines are packed with millions of micro-organisms that don't die with the person. These organisms start to break down the dead cells of the intestines, while some, especially bacteria called clostridia and coliforms, start to invade other parts of the body.

    At the same time the body undergoes its own intrinsic breakdown under the action of enzymes and other chemicals which have been released by the dead cells. The pancreas, for example, is usually packed with digestive enzymes, and so rapidly digests itself.

    The decomposing tissues release green substances and gas, which make the skin green/blue and blistered, starting on the abdomen. The front of the body swells, the tongue may protrude, and fluid from the lungs oozes out of the mouth and nostrils.

    This unpleasant sight is added to by a terrible smell as gases such as hydrogen sulphide (rotten egg smell), methane and traces of mercaptans are released. This stage is reached in temperate countries after about four to six days, much faster in the tropics and slower in cold or dry conditions.

    A corpse left above ground is then rapidly broken down by insects and animals, including bluebottles and carrion fly maggots, followed by beetles, ants and wasps.

    In the tropics, a corpse can become a moving mass of maggots within 24 hours.

    If there are no animals to destroy the body, hair, nails and teeth become detached within a few weeks, and after a month or so the tissues become liquefied and the main body cavities burst open.

    I truly believe that she was placed somewhere in a protective covering (possibly buried), then moved to a different location, during that transport the protective covering was breached and that would explain the smell of decomp in the car, although the trunk is closed it is not sealed from the front compartment and the smell would migrate from the trunk to the inside compartment.

    The body if buried and then moved would most likely leave trace amounts of soil in the trunk also. I think she left the car at Amscot because the smell was so bad that she could not stand it.

    Often a body will be relocated to a different area, you have to remember that she is a CSI fan and although the stories they tell are not 100% accurate, they are also not that far off about body disposal.

    At which point do you tie in the 2.6 days, that is the big question.
    Great post Georgia PI! We also had extremely hot temperatures in central florida this summer. If she kept her outside for 24- 48 hours and then stuffed her in a garbage bag and put her in the trunk....the smell would have been terrible. The maggots would have been there as well. Geez! OMG!


  8. #128
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    401
    I dont think there were maggots or flies. maybe an embelishment, maybe something subconcious associating smell with maggots and flies. The only person I've seen talk about maggots and flies is ca on tape when ca and ga were on the way into see kc at the jail. I truly believe that the body was burned, the gas can incident was different this time. Also what if on the 18th she brought the body into the backyard and put her on the ground in order to transfer her into the rolling duffel bag ? She put her in the sand box and put the lid on it, she could not leave her out in the open, she then went back into the house to the garage and got the rolling duffel bag out of her car, back through the house to the backyard, take body out of sandbox, oh darn forgot to open suitcase first, put body on ground next to pool unzip suitcase, put in zip up. borrow shovel from neighbor, dad locked shed, gotta get those gas cans, break lock get gas cans load everything into trunk (suitcase gas cans) return shovel. dirt in trunk is from the suitcase wheels. I personally am a big "the first 48" fan and one of the hardest things to identify is a badly burned body.


  9. #129
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,499
    The manager of the impound lot said there were "maggots and things" when George opened up the trunk of the Pontiac.

    Quote Originally Posted by KellioPSL View Post
    I dont think there were maggots or flies. maybe an embelishment, maybe something subconcious associating smell with maggots and flies. The only person I've seen talk about maggots and flies is ca on tape when ca and ga were on the way into see kc at the jail. I truly believe that the body was burned, the gas can incident was different this time. Also what if on the 18th she brought the body into the backyard and put her on the ground in order to transfer her into the rolling duffel bag ? She put her in the sand box and put the lid on it, she could not leave her out in the open, she then went back into the house to the garage and got the rolling duffel bag out of her car, back through the house to the backyard, take body out of sandbox, oh darn forgot to open suitcase first, put body on ground next to pool unzip suitcase, put in zip up. borrow shovel from neighbor, dad locked shed, gotta get those gas cans, break lock get gas cans load everything into trunk (suitcase gas cans) return shovel. dirt in trunk is from the suitcase wheels. I personally am a big "the first 48" fan and one of the hardest things to identify is a badly burned body.


  10. #130
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    The manager of the impound lot said there were "maggots and things" when George opened up the trunk of the Pontiac.
    he said there were flies, but he also said there was a pizza box, but he couldnt remember if he had seen the pizza box really, or if he heard it on the news.


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    The manager of the impound lot said there were "maggots and things" when George opened up the trunk of the Pontiac.
    I've reread Simon B's statement a number of times and the only mention of maggots I can find is when he describes the odor of the dumpster. At no time does he say there were maggots in the trunk or the bag.


  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,556
    Simon does mention the fies and he does indicate that when he goes back to look for the bag the next day, he thought to use the flies as an indicator as to where the bag was.

    MOO

    ETA - Is anyone else having trouble with the way that posts are appearing. Many posts are showing up centered for me at the moment vs. the usual justified left???


  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink Panther View Post
    Simon does mention the fies and he does indicate that when he goes back to look for the bag the next day, he thought to use the flies as an indicator as to where the bag was.

    MOO

    ETA - Is anyone else having trouble with the way that posts are appearing. Many posts are showing up centered for me at the moment vs. the usual justified left???
    The posts are normal for me, but someone mentioned the same problem on another thread.


  14. #134
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In a bubble.
    Posts
    2,258
    IIRC the tow yard man mentioned maggots first. He mentioned flies in the trunk, then he tossed the bag over the fence near the dumpster and later had to pick it up to put it in the dumpster. Later, he searched the dumpster for the bag when he heard the news about Caylee missing, however LE had already retrieved it. He mentioned how nasty the dumpster was, maggots etc.

    Then CA said the pizza was rotting in the trunk and it and the maggots made the smell. This is where we all assumed that at least the bag had maggots on it, if not other areas of the trunk.

    LE didn't mention maggots and we have seen no entimology reports on maggots/flies or any testing of maggots for DNA.

    Bottom line, WE do not know if there were maggots in the trunk and the fly information was from the tow yard man.

    This whole issue could be one that morphed into a trunk full of flies and maggots based upon tidbits of information.


  15. #135
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    10,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    The posts are normal for me, but someone mentioned the same problem on another thread.
    Lol. Thanks. I seem to be justified left again! (Couldn't think straight with everything centered.)

    I'm hoping that there might be a maggot milkshake report in some of the forensic investigations that we haven't seen yet!


Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2009.11.06 Forensic Entomology Report Released #2
    By Muzikman in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 607
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM
  2. Drs. remove 50 maggots from man's ear
    By golfmom in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 04:53 AM
  3. A spoonful of MAGGOTS a day, keeps the doctor away.
    By blueclouds in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-01-2004, 05:25 PM
  4. British doctors to prescribe maggots
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2004, 04:14 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •