787 users online (137 members and 650 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hi Everyone,

I have read this forum for years but never joined. It great!

I have also followed this case, it was of great interest because the accident accured less than 30 minutes from where I grew up. Almost has a hometown feel to me.

One thing bothers me is the description of the teeth. I see a lot of places describe him as having perfect teeth; however I believe the original statement was he had "all of his teeth". I don't remember a statement about the condition of the teeth back then. I suspect the statement he had all of his teeth has been changed over the years to he had perfect teeth, two completely different interpretations.

What does everyone else remember?

I thought when I first read about this case it said "no restorations" regarding the teeth. I took it to mean his teeth were not cared for, but i guess it could be the opposite.

Rhyno,

You are correct, I remember reading he had all of his teeth and they showed no signs of restoration. I too took that to mean they were not cared for.

Fantastic Salem.

No answers I suppose? Maybe a follow up phone call?

I posted in another area on here tonight a few suggestions on who to contact (before I saw this!). I believe maybe contacting LE that has worked this case?

Salem,

I found an article, I just posted in media thread...it has the name of the detective who worked this case...has he been contacted?

Quote:
    Sgt. Ted E. Jones

Jones, who was the Virginia State trooper who handled the case in 1995

He is now a sergeant in the Richmond office but has not forgotten the case, which he still hopes to solve.

I bet he has the whole case file and maybe will share entire phone # and all that have been ruled out? Also, maybe he can give us more info on the tickets. Also, states in the article they have DNA, BUT is it in CODIS??

It would also be nice to get his stats straight from LE.

I am happy to make the contact...or Salem? Let me know?

LOL! Maybe we should merge "regroup" and "read here before taking action"..sometimes we have too much and things get too confusing...sometimes we don't have enough spread out and things get confusing. Can't win fer losin'.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSleuth View Post
    Rhyno,

You are correct, I remember reading he had all of his teeth and they showed no signs of restoration. I too took that to mean they were not cared for.
    I read he had "perfect teeth"...no restorations to me means they had no fillings, dentures, partials, all his teeth in good condition. I happen to be going to the dentist this week, I will inquire.

ETA..found it..on this forum (they also mention he had no alcohol or drugs in his system, not sure whom the poster is)

He had perfect teeth never having had any dental repairs.
    There were no drugs nor alcohol found in his system at the time of the accident.
    http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/892

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Thanks Shecky! No word back today. I have to remember I'm on the west coast and 3 hours behind them. Crossing my fingers for tomorrow!

Salem
    I've heard nothing back from the ME as of yet. I will call them Monday. I wanted to call them today - but I have a house full of people and can't hear myself think

So Monday it is!!!!!

Salem

I've called and had to leave a message. If I don't hear from them by Thurs or Fri - I will call again and send another email.

Salem

Wanted to bump this; has anyone tried getting a copy of the report?

Quote Originally Posted by Shecky View Post
    As far as being able to obtain an ME report, I did some googling about it and I found this website : http://virginiamedicalexaminer.com/

In Virginia, the records of the medical examiner are deemed to be medical records and, as such, fall under statutory protection. Therefore, only the legal next of kin in the following priority may receive copies of reports: spouse, adult child, parent, adult sibling, any other relative of the deceased. In cases where criminal prosecution is anticipated, those involving unnatural death and certain other cases, copies of reports will be sent to law enforcement agencies and to the local commonwalth’s attorney. A written release from the legal next of kin is required for reports to be sent to other interested parties, such as insurance companies or private attorneys.

If this information is correct, does it apply to cases where there is no known next of kin? Does anyone know what steps were taken to obtain a copy of Tawni's/MJD's ME report? (Does Arizona have similar regulations and someone found a way around them?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2