1055 users online (196 members and 859 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sex predator is released after trying to lie his way to freedom

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - A man convicted of molesting two boys figured there was only one way out of California's hospital for the criminally insane, where he was stuck indefinitely after being labeled a sexually violent predator.
    After maintaining his innocence for nearly two decades, James Rodriguez realized he would have to say he committed the crimes that put him in prison and then in Atascadero State Hospital.

There was only one problem - Rodriguez says he never molested the boys in the first place. So he had to learn how to play the part of a sex offender - just what he would have to say about an attraction to young boys, how he knew it was wrong but couldn't stop. It was the only way to persuade the hospital staff that he had learned the error of his ways and should eventually be set free.

"I went and hung out with the pedophiles," said Rodriguez, now 43. "I got into their heads and figured out what to say and what not to say. (One pedophile) grilled me for hours and asked me all these questions. Then he'd say, 'No, don't say that, say this.'"

The doctors believed him.

http://www.sacbee.com/state_wire/sto...-9916819c.html

Wow, very interesting article. The boys ended up recanting, now that they're older, and he's seeking to have his name cleared. I don't blame him, if he really is innocent.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*