Identified! CA - Bakersfield, children's remains in storage unit, Aug'08 - Victor & Tricia Reyes

Any missing kids from that area? I live in central Calif and it wasn't on my local news.

That's awful. It would help to have more info to go on as far as identifying the remains. Such as, who rented the unit, etc.

maybe someone can start searching the ncmec for siblings missing from CA in that age range, of course my gut tells me they probably weren't reported missing :(

If the children have been dead for 2-4 years, possibly longer, then they went missing sometime around/between 2003-2006 I would think.

I agree - I hope they are checking rental records! That would provide major clues!

Salem

To clarify Stella's post, authorities were able to positively determine their identities. They were a brother and sister who were children of an apparently abusive mother who died of a drug overdose this past January.

A very sad story all around.

They were identified as brother and sister. Here are a couple of links to recent articles. Those poor kids.

http://www.bakersfield.com/hourly_news/story/540834.html

http://www.kget.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=facc8105-7f5a-40d6-8786-d9668d8c2cfa

With every story it gets worse and worse. I am glad that evil witch is dead. I hope the other children can live a happy and healthy life with her gone. God bless the ones that did not make it. I am confused about something though. One article stated that the children had been dead for up to 4 years. If that were the case, wouldn't the hand have been skeletonized instead of decomposing?

Once again folks, we have a winner! Parents of the year award. Excuse my sarcasm, it states the mother died earlier this year of a drug overdose. I trust she's not liking the heat where she is! :furious:

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_10364636?nclick_check=1

BAKERSFIELD, Calif.—Authorities are trying to determine the cause of death for two young siblings whose skeletal remains were discovered inside a Kern County storage unit.
Investigators said Tuesday that dental records identified the victims as Victor Reyes and Tricia Reyes. The brother and sister had been dead between two and four years when the discovery of a severed hand August 19 led detectives to search a Derrell's Mini Storage unit in Bakersfield.

oops, now i see a thread in the 'located' area. mods, can you move this? sorry about that.

Did mommy start using heavilly after these kids went missing i wonder maybe it was guilt that drove her to using th drugs..

With every story it gets worse and worse. I am glad that evil witch is dead. I hope the other children can live a happy and healthy life with her gone. God bless the ones that did not make it. I am confused about something though. One article stated that the children had been dead for up to 4 years. If that were the case, wouldn't the hand have been skeletonized instead of decomposing?

Can you direct me to the link about her being a witch? I missed that?

I believe the OP is using that term figuratively, not literally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back