floor plan discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

booradley

Reaction score
Hi all: I called St Lawrence, got directed to person who originally sold home. It is a Chesterfield, which was tweaked and became a Charleston in 1994. It was one of two best selling plans from 1994 until it was discontinued. (Most of their houses are bigger now than in 90's). Got chewed out "why did you have to let those guys know it is a STL home? Might spook them from buying one. For what it is worth, original sales agent, still working at STL noticed the house on the news when NC went missing, recognized it as one of theirs, said they had not heard anything else about NC since then, so I filled them in on all of you sleuthing. I will try to get the original Chesterfield floor plan, my dh does not have it, but I can get the Charleston, then some of you all that have been in can see how it differs.

Got chewed out "why did you have to let those guys know it is a STL home? Might spook them from buying one.

You can tell him/her we already knew it was an STL home, it's in the Wake county records.

Thanks for confirming the model name with them!

For what it's worth, I really think press is press. It's not like people would say, "Oh, that was a St. Lawrence home! We definitely don't want one of those!!!"

I'd never heard of St. Lawrence until I saw they were the builders on the records. But that style is pretty standard, my neighborhood is full of houses that look very similar.

Also, and this may creep some of you out but I fell in-love with Laci Peterson's home. It's quaint, vintage and the style is amazing. And you know, Laci loved it and it showed. To me that's what was important in the end.

just had time to wade through the general thread and saw that daphne had listed the charleston floorplan, thanks, that will save me from hounding my husband. Sorry for the redundant thread. EN: I tend to agree with you, any publicity is good publicity, think the person I spoke to at STLH was being facetious. Think I'll go back to reading rather than posting but let me know if you all have any other STLH questions. Boo

Charleston_Elevation_II.jpg
just had time to wade through the general thread and saw that daphne had listed the charleston floorplan, thanks, that will save me from hounding my husband. Sorry for the redundant thread. EN: I tend to agree with you, any publicity is good publicity, think the person I spoke to at STLH was being facetious. Think I'll go back to reading rather than posting but let me know if you all have any other STLH questions. Boo

YW, Boo. :) I just hope that the plan from 2002 looks the way you think it should. I couldn't find a Web site for St. Lawrence before that year.

My DH just took a look, says it is same Charleston that existed as of 1994, he does not know what changes were made from Chesterfield to Charleston, he thinks one of the engineers that likes to tinker, just tweaked it, but cannot swear to this.. Boo

My DH just took a look, says it is same Charleston that existed as of 1194, he does not know what changes were made from Chesterfield to Charleston, he thinks one of the engineers that likes to tinker, just tweaked it, but cannot swear to this.. Boo

Thanks for all your help!

Links to pictures of the home to match up to the floor plan.

Here are momto3kids posts of photos from the real estate listing.

Living and dining rooms

Kitchen and breakfast room

Family room

Master bedroom and Bonus room. Note the MB closet is not shown in the floor plan, so the bathroom also must look a little different.

Other bedrooms. The pink bedroom seems to be the back left of the house (over the dining room), the beige one with the desk is above the foyer and part of the living room.

TheSaint's enhanced photo of entry foyer and key table:

Foyer and key table

Hardwoods and paint contrasts are very nice. The kitchen is deadly dull with no apparent upgrades other than the cook top. I would think a house in this price range would have a great kitchen and more upgrades. Cabinets are raised panel but otherwise very plain and simple no nice moldings or cool back splashes, not the house for me, even if someone were not possibly killed in it. MT3K, the potential blood splatter on the lampshade interests me, where did this info come from, I have not heard it yet or read about it, could not make it out in the pic due to shading.

MT3K, the potential blood splatter on the lampshade interests me, where did this info come from, I have not heard it yet or read about it, could not make it out in the pic due to shading.

It was TheSaint (not MT3K) who enhanced one of the N&O's photos. The whole discussion was started by DogWood in this thread at post 252. It's quite a long discussion. I just posted a link to that picture because it's the best I know of of the foyer.

looking at interior photos on MLS, I can tell that this house did not have a lot of upgrades when built. Kitchen is classic for the time period in which it was built, ovens look original. Cook top is probably an upgrade. Most people these days want granite countertops, even at this price range. Stainless steel appliances too (although my decorator friend says that white is the new stainless). Wish they had photos of the laundry room, wondering if they have the appliances that require the he laundry detergent.

The Coopers were the third or fourth owners of the home. I'm surprised that Nancy's taste didn't require an upgrade on the kitchen counters at least. (Esp. with Krista being an interior designer who could have helped Nancy get a good discount).

MT3K, the potential blood splatter on the lampshade interests me, where did this info come from, I have not heard it yet or read about it, could not make it out in the pic due to shading.
If you saw the pic, you saw who posted it,(not me), so you answered your own question where the info came from.
Maybe Sandlin will let you into the storage to look at it since your interested and she is in possession of most the items. Personally I have no desire to bring up old topics from many months ago.

I'm not convinced there would be blood stains on the lamp shade as there were no marks on either BC or NC to indicate blood loss would have occurred from all the details I've studied. Did I miss something?

I can't imagine BC would have gone out the front door at all with NC. I believe he took her to the trunk via the house entry to the garage and would not have been near the front foyer.

Now this brings up the "sticks" in my mind. Perhaps the moment NC entered the home the "brawl" began in the foyer and ended in the master bedroom?

There's an old saying, "If only the walls could talk". In one of the panoramic photos I found of the home it showed a park bench in the middle of the little wooded area in the cul-de-sac ... it faces the Cooper home in such a way if someone were sitting there they could recite the last chapter.

Thanks for the pics...and posting them in the links section, Momto3kids.

Whenever I see pictures of their home, I can't help but feel.....they had so much...they could live in a beautiful home, they had 2 gorgeous, gorgeous children.....but it wasn't enough.

It looks fairy-tale on the surface.
And yes, I know they had arguments about finances and difficulties with them and their marriage was breaking up.

I just can't comprehend the chaos that fell upon the house and family.
If Brad killed Nancy, I cannot, for the life of me, make sense of the choice he'd have had to make.

Remind yourself of what the psychologist said about Brad: Brad could cope with issues up to a certain point at which his coping skills weren't enough. That's when he'd lose it. Add narcissistic problems, his control issues of Nancy, the losing of control, the "outing" of Brad's personal info by Nancy to friends, Nancy's standing up to Brad, the divorce draft, everyone knowing about Brad's "indiscretions"...it all hit the fan. He blew. He could have added a bit of planning before he blew, or not. Will we ever know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member