1174 users online (241 members and 933 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 197
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696

    Mitigating Factor:Could Casey Have Post-Partum Psychosis?

    Hopefully this has not been mentioned elsewhere but I noticed in the interviews with Kiomarie that she said Casey was relatively normal until after she had Caylee. She seemed to imply that the lying and multiple boyfriends (hispanic guys, to anger her prejudiced mother), happened after Caylee's birth. This girl knew her for years and said she was different growing up. I also notice that other, long time friends stated that this is not the Casey they knew. I'm no expert on post-partum depression or psychosis. (I believe Andrea Yates seemed to have both). But, it would make sense of a lot of things in this case. Such as Casey not remembering conversations, lying in amazing ways, sleeping around like mad, stealing, etc. Just think of the the pressure of an overbearing mother, forcing her to keep an unwanted child and be the "perfect All-American girl" as Komarie said. Then, Casey, just wanting to go out and be young but here's this kid and this mom who I bet was saying things like: "Where do you think you're going? You have child now! You can't have fun all the time! Take some dang responsibility!" If she had any post-partum issues, like depression, maybe all the pressure turned it into something much worse, into a psychotic break that could have allowed her to harm her child. Just a thought.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  2. #2
    EvaInCA's Avatar
    EvaInCA is offline If you can't convince them, confuse them.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Hopefully this has not been mentioned elsewhere but I noticed in the interviews with Kiomarie that she said Casey was relatively normal until after she had Caylee. She seemed to imply that the lying and multiple boyfriends (hispanic guys, to anger her prejudiced mother), happened after Caylee's birth. This girl knew her for years and said she was different growing up. I also notice that other, long time friends stated that this is not the Casey they knew. I'm no expert on post-partum depression or psychosis. (I believe Andrea Yates seemed to have both). But, it would make sense of a lot of things in this case. Such as Casey not remembering conversations, lying in amazing ways, sleeping around like mad, stealing, etc. Just think of the the pressure of an overbearing mother, forcing her to keep an unwanted child and be the "perfect All-American girl" as Komarie said. Then, Casey, just wanting to go out and be young but here's this kid and this mom who I bet was saying things like: "Where do you think you're going? You have child now! You can't have fun all the time! Take some dang responsibility!" If she had any post-partum issues, like depression, maybe all the pressure turned it into something much worse, into a psychotic break that could have allowed her to harm her child. Just a thought.
    gitana, me and you think so alike!!
    Yesterday I was posting this exactly, Post Partum Pschosis and I was making a few comparisons and when I hit reply,

    SERVER BUSY

    So I didn't re-post.

    The only thing I found that say why it might be, is that PPPschosis usually occurs DURING Post Partum Depression stage. But all I keep seeing is Post Partum Depression USUALLY ends after about a year.

    I know not everyone is the same and how they handle stuff so with Caylee being almost 3 I wonder if she could still use this as a defense?? If she did, there isn't much out there saying CAN'T be it.

    Let's keep an eye on this, agreed??

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,154
    Three years down the pike!? That better not fly as a defense. I think she's mentally ill, but I think the diagnosis is different from PPD.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,119
    Umm-I think not. Let's review-her actions show complete pre-meditation IMHO-at best, however, she organized her actions after killing her child....slept with police officers, created a story line, hid a body, partied her little heinie off, avoided her parents....she was very crafty.

    She has no defense that adequately covers her action-in a perfect world she would simply accept responsibility, explain where her child is and take the punishment.

    She has chosen to avoid that at all costs...the clock is ticking.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    117
    I am sure she is going to try to conjure up a whole lot of "psychosis" to splain away her behavior. There is no excuse. She is calculated and cold hearted. I believe in no way anything else. Those grandparents I still feel for. Their child is dead. They dont want to accept it. I do not fault them for that....they need to do a favor to their other child Casey and for the first time in their life tell her that the BS stops here....Let her pay for her actions. It is the only way to truly help herself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaInCA View Post
    gitana, me and you think so alike!!
    Yesterday I was posting this exactly, Post Partum Pschosis and I was making a few comparisons and when I hit reply,

    SERVER BUSY

    So I didn't re-post.

    The only thing I found that say why it might be, is that PPPschosis usually occurs DURING Post Partum Depression stage. But all I keep seeing is Post Partum Depression USUALLY ends after about a year.

    I know not everyone is the same and how they handle stuff so with Caylee being almost 3 I wonder if she could still use this as a defense?? If she did, there isn't much out there saying CAN'T be it.

    Let's keep an eye on this, agreed??
    Agreed!!!
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Umm-I think not. Let's review-her actions show complete pre-meditation IMHO-at best, however, she organized her actions after killing her child....slept with police officers, created a story line, hid a body, partied her little heinie off, avoided her parents....she was very crafty.

    She has no defense that adequately covers her action-in a perfect world she would simply accept responsibility, explain where her child is and take the punishment.

    She has chosen to avoid that at all costs...the clock is ticking.
    I'm not trying to defend this person. I do think she's a monster! I also don't think post-partum should be a defense because she obviously knew what she was doing. If I felt crazy thoughts that I knew to be wrong, I'd go to the doctor. But premeditation does not mean she does not have a mental illness. There is a difference between being mentally ill and being not guilt by reason of insanity. Two different things. I think there are degrees of mental illness and I think there is no way Casey fits into the mold of being not guilty by reason of insanity. She was not so ill that she did not know what she was doing or did not know that what she was doing was wrong. Like Andrea Yates. If you read all my posts on the subject of this case, you will see that I will never defend her. I have stated all along, that Casey killed her child intentionally and I feel maliciously. However, a post-partum psychosis or depression would explain a serious change in a person's behavior patterns. But, if this was so, Casey would still be 100% responsible for the child's demise, in my opinion. In any event, it was just a thought based on Kiomarie's interview and others. I lean more towards personality disorders but there is a chance that a post-partum issue exacerbated such a disorder and I think everything is worth expolring just a little bit.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  8. #8
    My thoughts are not at all is she post partum depression..she does not have anything but a sociopath diagnosis ..obviously the lies started before Caylee's birth, to her parents. to Jesse, to his family..and I am sure her Friends. No this chick has ice water inside of blood in her viens..she has been lying since she figured out how to..probably age 2 or 3 and hasn't stopped since. She is also only out for herself..many disconnects with family friends..there is no commardary..just doing what one has to do to get by and get over on people. She is a user and has been since she was atleast 5 years old..she found how to manipulate her world to her advantage through lies and subterfuge and she has done so.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Three years down the pike!? That better not fly as a defense. I think she's mentally ill, but I think the diagnosis is different from PPD.

    Mickey mentioned that the other night on NG and I almost fell of the couch.
    My Dh was a little shocked.
    I was/had servere PPD after my son was born, I only had thoughts of hurting myself never my children NEVER.
    I starved myself, and other stuff, and I finally got help because I was hurting them by not being there for them emotianally.
    So I hate to hear that brought up.
    I know every case is different , but she was 3 year old.
    Rest in Peace Little Caylee
    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE

    http://www.myspace.com/doyouknowme1977

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    My thoughts are not at all is she post partum depression..she does not have anything but a sociopath diagnosis ..obviously the lies started before Caylee's birth, to her parents. to Jesse, to his family..and I am sure her Friends. No this chick has ice water inside of blood in her viens..she has been lying since she figured out how to..probably age 2 or 3 and hasn't stopped since. She is also only out for herself..many disconnects with family friends..there is no commardary..just doing what one has to do to get by and get over on people. She is a user and has been since she was atleast 5 years old..she found how to manipulate her world to her advantage through lies and subterfuge and she has done so.
    I do agree with you, but do we know for sure if Casey was always like this? Since age 5? Where is that info reported? What struck me about the interviews is that people who knew Casey for many years stated this was not the person they knew. Like she changed. I can't remember one interview from someone who knew her for more than a couple of years that said she was always this big liar. I'm just speculating but, like I said, I do tedn to lean towards a personality disorder or disorders. She fits the mold of many bordeline, narcisstic, histrionic anit-social people I have known, through my business. What strikes me is that there are no reports of this type of behavior from people who have known her for her whole life. So, it's confusing to me and I'm trying to throw something out there to see where it lands.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."


  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Posts
    13,696
    Quote Originally Posted by 77NancyDrew View Post

    Mickey mentioned that the other night on NG and I almost fell of the couch.
    My Dh was a little shocked.
    I was/had servere PPD after my son was born, I only had thoughts of hurting myself never my children NEVER.
    I starved myself, and other stuff, and I finally got help because I was hurting them by not being there for them emotianally.
    So I hate to hear that brought up.
    I know every case is different , but she was 3 year old.
    Yes, but there is a ton of info from people who actually have thoughts of harming their children in the midst of this disorder and not just one thought but repeated, pervasive, obsessive thoughts that they need to get rid of the child. And, many women, from what I have read, with this disroder, have harmed their children. Yes, three years seems a long time, but, if it was not treated at all, and got worse, maybe it could persist or turn into something more permanent. Once a person is psychotic, without treatment, I think it is hard to recover. Still not saying it is a defense though! Just trying to explain the difference in people' perceptions of her.
    For Elizabeth, a minor child, a victim. Thank God she is home!

    *Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

  12. #12
    Andrea Yates did try to seek help. There was documentation to that fact. I honestly believe that woman was very sick and I also feel that she has remorse for what she did. She also didn't send the nation on a wild goose chase and lie about her actions. You have to be somewhat 'sane' ( I use the term loosely) to send the nation on this wild goose chase CA has. Not to mention she has shown no remorse.

  13. #13
    With all Casey has done to point blame at everyone else around her (even imaginary friends) I believe she acknowledges her wrongdoing, she is only unwilling to accept her responsibility in all of it. And for that, I don't think she's unpunishable for any 'mental' condition JB may try to offer up. It's too late. I really could care less what CA's problem is anymore.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by gitana1 View Post
    Yes, but there is a ton of info from people who actually have thoughts of harming their children in the midst of this disorder and not just one thought but repeated, pervasive, obsessive thoughts that they need to get rid of the child. And, many women, from what I have read, with this disroder, have harmed their children. Yes, three years seems a long time, but, if it was not treated at all, and got worse, maybe it could persist or turn into something more permanent. Once a person is psychotic, without treatment, I think it is hard to recover. Still not saying it is a defense though! Just trying to explain the difference in people' perceptions of her.
    I am not diputing all cases are the same , I am just mean bring it up in this case.
    I didn't mean , anything like its notreal.
    JMHO on the subject for this case and for myself.
    Rest in Peace Little Caylee
    JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE

    http://www.myspace.com/doyouknowme1977

  15. #15
    You know it's strange, but I was thinking this same exact thing today. I was watching something about Britney Spears - and I'm pretty sure she was hit hard with some mental illnesses post partem. I also have a good friend whose wife went pyschotic after each of her kids was born - getting worse with each one. (She spent time in psych wards and they eventually got divorced - she was so doped up on drugs, suicidal, sleeping with anything that moved, partying, she was a mess!) So this may very well be the case for CA.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Casey = Mitigating and Aggravating Circumstances
    By Mohabi in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 09:08 AM
  2. Mitigating Factor: Casey's Parents
    By Searchfortruth in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 198
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 04:48 AM
  3. Mitigating Factor: Filicide Children Killed by Parents?
    By Terilee in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 11:55 AM

Tags for this Thread