Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    If Casey was a black widow that killed for profit nobody would blame it on mental illness.

Some humans just put their own needs ahead of all others. They are sociopaths but not mentally ill.

I think Casey saw Caylee as coming between herself and the lifestyle she wanted with the man she wanted.

I am not sure she is any different than the woman who kills for money.
    well said, I get sick of people blaming parents for adult children's behavior, Casey was a mother, dog's protect their puppies, this girl needs to pay, her parents will pay for the rest of their lives their hearts will be ofrever broken,
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

I do not think anyone is responsible for this crime but Casey and Casey alone. Cindy may have made a poor decision to discourage Casey from giving the baby up for adoption, however; she is not responsible for the actual crime.

We are all responsible for our own acts and deeds and whoever killed Caylee is solely responsible for the deed. If the Anthony's have covered up for Casey they are guilty of that.

How many families are responsible for buying their child a car at 18 or 19 years old and trust the child not go out and drive and drank. Then their child is dead from a car accident to which dranking was involved.

We are all guility of making mistakes. Cindy Anthony probably made the mistake of not wanting the child adopted out. She is only guilty of wanting her grandchild near her.

The bible says we are all responsible for what we do. No one else is to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolynna View Post
    If Casey was a black widow that killed for profit nobody would blame it on mental illness.

Some humans just put their own needs ahead of all others. They are sociopaths but not mentally ill.

I think Casey saw Caylee as coming between herself and the lifestyle she wanted with the man she wanted.

I am not sure she is any different than the woman who kills for money.
    Or if it was male that was being discussed instead of a mother.

If all that is reported is true, then Casey alone is responsible for this crime.
    This busines about holding George and Cindy accountable is nonsense. Unless it comes out that they covered up the crime then they are 100% victims imo.

I have no idea if Casey will be found mentally ill, or not. I haven't made up what I think on that. At first I was like, throw whatever charges you can at the grand-parents, but some people here made some really good points as to other cases and how far do we go? Its a slippery slope, and needs to be looked at once case at a time.

If they are not prosecuted in a court of law, they have suffered in the court of public opinion. If this turns out as we all think it will, once they come to grips that their daughter killed their grand-daughter they will live with more guilt in a personal hell that will be a lot worse than a short time in jail.

Caylee's Mom, totally. I do believe she is mentally ill, but not legally insane. If she will ever get out of jail, I believe she needs extensive psychiatric care before she's released and foisted on the rest of society. However, as a society, we simply can not allow parents to fail to report missing children for 31 days. And if those children have hairs testing positive for decomposition in the trunk of their parents' cars, after the parent has failed to report their children missing and if they have not actively co-operated with police efforts to find their child, those parents should go down for the rest of their lives. AND there should be strict laws to that effect, if there aren't already!

Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Caylee's Mom, totally. I do believe she is mentally ill, but not legally insane.
    I agree, I know very little about being deemed legally insane. But I have an idea that one of the main qualifications is that you need to not know right from wrong. She's admitted that it was wrong to steal the money from AH and her parents. She said it was wrong for her to lie. So on the record she provided a sworn statement that she knows right from wrong. It's going to be hard for defense to prove she doesn't....JAT

Quote Originally Posted by impatientredhead View Post
    I think Casey is solely responsible for her action. I think personal responsibility is lacking in our world to a very concerning level.
    I agree 100%

Originally Posted by SleuthyGal:
    Reporter on MyFox Orlando said she spoke to Cindy and Cindy calls the latest test results, "Hocus Pocus" and she believes her daughter and is standing behind her.

Now with this latest quote by Cindy, does anyone doubt she is STILL ENABLING HER DAUGHTER?

We have some truly disturbed parents on our hands

Quote Originally Posted by marleysmom View Post
    I agree, I know very little about being deemed legally insane. But I have an idea that one of the main qualifications is that you need to not know right from wrong. She's admitted that it was wrong to steal the money from AH and her parents. She said it was wrong for her to lie. So on the record she provided a sworn statement that she knows right from wrong. It's going to be hard for defense to prove she doesn't....JAT
    I believe the true signs of mental illness in this case comes from Casey's complete lack of concern or emotions for her child. She has only shed tears for herself. The lying had gone as far as making up individuals who do not exist. This is beyond the normalcy of a liar. She is living in an altered state of reality. I am not a psychologist but Casey has shown true sociopathic tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Devorahhh View Post
    First and foremost, I believe that Casey is responsible for what happened to little Caylee, HOWEVER, I also feel that Cindy has some responsibilty also. In my mind, if she knew her daughter did not want to keep the child, then why didn't she take her as her own and raise her herself? By forcing Casey to have the child and then raise her, this, I believe, was the beginning of the end. And George is responsible by being always in the background, apparently a hands off dad. BUT this is just IMHO.

Devorahhh
    I agree with what you are saying, Devorahhh. I really disagree with the parents insisting Casey keep her baby and be responsible for raising her when it was someting Casey clearly did not want. Forcing her to keep Caylee was a punishment, no matter how you look at it. And in the end, that punishment cost the life of a sweet three year old. I have no doubt Casey's parents did everything they thought would bring their daughter in line and change her ways. The cruel thing about that is - looking at the outcome - maybe they did too much.
    JMO
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

I'm so impressed with your thoughts on this issue.
    I held out for so long that Caylee was alive, but always in the back of my mind, I thought there was some serious mental illness.
    I've actually wondered a few times if perhaps Casey was schizophrenic and Zenaida the nanny was one of her personalities.
    Your post really gives one a lot to think about.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nedthan Johns View Post
    I believe the true signs of mental illness in this case comes from Casey's complete lack of concern or emotions for her child. She has only shed tears for herself. The lying had gone as far as making up individuals who do not exist. This is beyond the normalcy of a liar. She is living in an altered state of reality. I am not a psychologist but Casey has shown true sociopathic tendencies.

I agree, but I only have my B.S. in Psychology and would not feel comfortable putting a diagnosis on someone I have never talked to directly.

anyone else wondering if she'll slip into a psych ward in the next few days?
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

Quote Originally Posted by azwriter View Post
    I agree with what you are saying, Devorahhh. I really disagree with the parents insisting Casey keep her baby and be responsible for raising her when it was someting Casey clearly did not want. Forcing her to keep Caylee was a punishment, no matter how you look at it. And in the end, that punishment cost the life of a sweet three year old. I have no doubt Casey's parents did everything they thought would bring their daughter in line and change her ways. The cruel thing about that is - looking at the outcome - maybe they did too much.
    JMO
    HI azwriter. Casey does not strike me as the type that does things she doesn't want to.
    I would guess the ultimate decision came down to casey and she chose to keep caylee or not
    This is not about Cindy imo.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast