Could Casey have Post Traumatic Sress Disorder?

Ladytazz

Former Member
Reaction score
I am not saying that Casey was insane or anything but what I have been thinking is maybe something happened to Caylee, either accidently or delibertly and Casey just had a break of reality. I know that when I was younger I had something traumatic happen to me and I just shut down and didn't remember what happened for years. Maybe in her fragile mind this was the only way of coping, just blotting it out and not accepting it. She had told the story of the nanny so many times that she convinced herself that the baby was with the nanny and truly believes it to this day. We all know Casey is mentally ill, just how ill is she? I'm not saying she should be not guilty just because she had a break with reality but maybe she really doesn't remember?

I am not saying that Casey was insane or anything but what I have been thinking is maybe something happened to Caylee, either accidently or delibertly and Casey just had a break of reality. I know that when I was younger I had something traumatic happen to me and I just shut down and didn't remember what happened for years. Maybe in her fragile mind this was the only way of coping, just blotting it out and not accepting it. She had told the story of the nanny so many times that she convinced herself that the baby was with the nanny and truly believes it to this day. We all know Casey is mentally ill, just how ill is she? I'm not saying she should be not guilty just because she had a break with reality but maybe she really doesn't remember?

Sure. And I'd still sentence her to life if given the chance.

PTSD is not a break from reality - its a reaction to a prolonged traumatic
event .

NO way does she have PTSD.

Casey solved her problem in response to the chaos of her
disorder . Most have multiple conditions NPD with OCD
or Bi polar with addiction the combinations are common
and there is a variety of them to chose from .

PTSD is not a break from reality - its a reaction to a prolonged traumatic
event .

NO way does she have PTSD.

I was at a baby shower where a nine year old was mauled to death by a family dog, there were 30 guest at the shower I know 10 including myself that was treated for PTSD so I respectfully disagree that it is from prolonged traumatic event.

No - as one who actually has PTSD - no, no way. While whatever happened may have been traumatic to Caylee, there is not one picture or word from Casey that would indicate she suffered at all. The events do have to last long, but the symptoms generally do. Also, to be POST traumatic, it would have to be 30 days past the trauma, and she would have to have been suffering the effects of the trauma for the 30 days.

I was at a baby shower where a nine year old was mauled to death by a family dog, there were 30 guest at the shower I know 10 including myself that was treated for PTSD so I respectfully disagree that it is from prolonged traumatic event.

That must have been awful to witness . I hope you are okay now
the severity of that could certainly cause it .

Casey had nothing severe enough to cause PTSD

Definite no

I have this {Due to Severe child abuse} and last time it came out was a physical altercation with a ex boyfriend {I actually swore I seen my stepfather,instead of him} but it lasted only as long as altercation ,then went away.
You do experience alot of stress ,but the lying and fabrication would not make sense.

She may have PTSD from an earlier childhood issue...for example, someone sexually abused her. I'm just guessing, but some people may become a sociopath from abuse. Dont know.

My husband and I both have PTSD. I thought mine was completely gone until something took me off guard a few months ago. Same happens with my husband. Even if you have therapy and learn coping skills for most things, situations can still sneak up and blindside you.

After blathering all that....no, I don't think CAsey has PTSD. I think she is a sociopath.

I think we all want to put some explanation to this situation - post partum, post tramatic, etc. By giving it a name, we can understand it better. Evil is just hard to understand whatever name you give it. JMO

My vote goes for sociopath... the profile fits her perfectly...

Profile of the Sociopath:

Glibness and Superficial Charm

Manipulative and Conning
They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible. They appear to be charming, yet are covertly hostile and domineering, seeing their victim as merely an instrument to be used. They may dominate and humiliate their victims.

Grandiose Sense of Self
Feels entitled to certain things as "their right."

Pathological Lying
Has no problem lying coolly and easily and it is almost impossible for them to be truthful on a consistent basis. Can create, and get caught up in, a complex belief about their own powers and abilities. Extremely convincing and even able to pass lie detector tests.

Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
A deep seated rage, which is split off and repressed, is at their core. Does not see others around them as people, but only as targets and opportunities. Instead of friends, they have victims and accomplices who end up as victims. The end always justifies the means and they let nothing stand in their way.

Shallow Emotions
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises.

Incapacity for Love

Need for Stimulation
Living on the edge. Verbal outbursts and physical punishments are normal. Promiscuity and gambling are common.

Callousness/Lack of Empathy
Unable to empathize with the pain of their victims, having only contempt for others' feelings of distress and readily taking advantage of them.

Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
Rage and abuse, alternating with small expressions of love and approval produce an addictive cycle for abuser and abused, as well as creating hopelessness in the victim. Believe they are all-powerful, all-knowing, entitled to every wish, no sense of personal boundaries, no concern for their impact on others.

Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
Usually has a history of behavioral and academic difficulties, yet "gets by" by conning others. Problems in making and keeping friends; aberrant behaviors such as cruelty to people or animals, stealing, etc.

Irresponsibility/Unreliability
Not concerned about wrecking others' lives and dreams. Oblivious or indifferent to the devastation they cause. Does not accept blame themselves, but blames others, even for acts they obviously committed.

Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
Promiscuity, child sexual abuse, rape and sexual acting out of all sorts.

Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
Tends to move around a lot or makes all encompassing promises for the future, poor work ethic but exploits others effectively.

Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
Changes their image as needed to avoid prosecution. Changes life story readily.

Actually, I think PTSD isn't what she has going on. I am pretty educated on Personality disorders ( have a family therapy degree but not practicing currently) and did a dissertaion on on Psychotic Disorders. Of which Casey does seem to fit the mold for a couple that I find interesting. To spare anyone the boring details... I think she is a classic fit for Anti-Social Personality Disorder (basically sociopath but female) with possible (but unlikely) Brief Psychotic Disorder (ususally compliments a personality disorder such as Antisocial personality disorder) Anyway... This Brief thing... actually causes complete amnesia for at max a month- Severe horrific traumatic events can be an onset... Bottom line... She's wack FO SHO! :bang: just google the 2 I mentioned for symptoms

To make a quick mention about sociopaths... A MAJOR symptom is aggressive behavior.... Tends to be more prom in males bc of testosterone. Casey ( IMO) doesn't seem to be an aggressive person...ie: Fights in bars, cat fights, hitting etc.....

I have PTSD, have for 30 years, take meds for it, and have been a counselor for many years, as well. I do not think PTSD is the case, with Casey.

I think Casey suffers from the NO SOUL syndrome. No guilt, no shame, no respect....an empty shell.

I vote for sociopath or anti-social personality disorder as it is now called.

No way.

She's a sociopath. (Perhaps the one truth we've heard from Cindy Anthony, BTW.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back