Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, does anyone know how to delete friend requests?
i've never heard of these people and they are still showing up in my
notifications. are they like that myspace guy that everyone gets as a friend request?

raisincharlie said:
Do you think Nancy's body is still sitting in the morgue?

Honestly, I don't know. I guess I'll say that just because there's a couple of Canadian news articles that reference an urn appearing in a memorial service a few days after the murder, in and of itself, doesn't convince me that her ashes were in said urn, or that she was in fact cremated by that time.

It does strike me as somewhat unusual that the body may still be in the morgue (but I don't know that I have anything to base that feeling on - for all I know it's completely usual in open/active homicide cases for the ME to retain the body for "additional processing" for an extended period of time!)

I will say for sure (and as SG alluded to) that it would definitely strike me as surprising that the body in an open/active homicide investigation could be processed, cremated, and handed over to the family for transportation to a foreign country, within a week or so of discovery, and yet the ME's report (well over a month later) still sits "incomplete".

This especially given the (glacier like speed, but apparently completely "normal") movement of everything else in this case: months for ME report to be completed...months for forensic analysis to be completed, etc - all completely normal. This amazes me.

Bottom line though, very little about this case strikes me as usual, so at this point, I really wouldn't be totally blown away with shock at anything, including the body remaining in the morgue for "thorough" processing, or pending further results, etc, or simply for some other "unknown to us" reason.

O/T, does anyone know how to delete friend requests?
i've never heard of these people and they are still showing up in my
notifications. are they like that myspace guy that everyone gets as a friend request?

:) That Myspace guy is Tom. He actually is the owner of Myspace and he is always the first to request friendship. So unless he gets deleted, which would be not so nice to do, he's everyone's friend. It's kind of an inside joke anyway. You won't ever get anything from him, i.e. he won't bug you. You're just in his house so to speak.

I've accepted friendship requests here from members and they're all friendly. It's no biggie. I'm sorry to say that I don't know how to delete one. If it's someone who is taunting you then maybe you can report it to one of the MODS.

thanks, entrenous. i was trying to think of tom's name.

i was looking at the pictures on the memorial site and nancy was wearing her diamond stud earrings and diamond necklace at the party that night (titled "the saddest party").

i wonder whether these were the pieces of jewelry that her family asked for.
if they were still on her body, it would point away from a random killer (although not for certain).

i figured it out. they have to be highlighted before hitting save

My thoughts after looking at the pictures. It is not a bed frame because 1) a bed frame would be longer than the height of the man carrying it. In the picture that does not seem to be the case. 2) Picure #9 shows me that what we are looking at is really the bottom of the bag. Logicllly, you would think the bottom of a bag would be closed. Something rectangular in shape is showing through the bottom of the bag. There is nothing metallic here. On first thought, I think a rectangular mop might be in the bag. It could be a valance placed in the bag, but I ust don't know.

Why would they take out the bed frame but not the mattress? Doesn't make sense?.....

Honestly, I don't know. I guess I'll say that just because there's a couple of Canadian news articles that reference an urn appearing in a memorial service a few days after the murder, in and of itself, doesn't convince me that her ashes were in said urn, or that she was in fact cremated by that time.

It does strike me as somewhat unusual that the body may still be in the morgue (but I don't know that I have anything to base that feeling on - for all I know it's completely usual in open/active homicide cases for the ME to retain the body for "additional processing" for an extended period of time!)

I will say for sure (and as SG alluded to) that it would definitely strike me as surprising that the body in an open/active homicide investigation could be processed, cremated, and handed over to the family for transportation to a foreign country, within a week or so of discovery, and yet the ME's report (well over a month later) still sits "incomplete".

This especially given the (glacier like speed, but apparently completely "normal") movement of everything else in this case: months for ME report to be completed...months for forensic analysis to be completed, etc - all completely normal. This amazes me.

Bottom line though, very little about this case strikes me as usual, so at this point, I really wouldn't be totally blown away with shock at anything, including the body remaining in the morgue for "thorough" processing, or pending further results, etc, or simply for some other "unknown to us" reason.

in the case of michelle young, the ME's report that has been released to the public is missing pages (renumbered) and seems to be incomplete to people who understand autopsy reports.

it is thought that certain pages are being keep private to protect the investigation but the pages do exist in a file somewhere.

i think someone mentioned w/ nancy that important tissue or organs may exist in a freezer or in a jar but that her remains where released to the family
and that she was cremated.

they don't keep bodies indefinitely in the morgue. they must feel like photographs, tests, preserved organs or slides tell the story of what happened to nancy.

it would be hard to imagine a family having an urn without any ashes inside. they would have a big photograph on an easel and not an empty urn.

It would be highly unusual for a ME to keep a body in the morgue once they've determined COD and MOD (manner of death), which in the case of Nancy, they did immediately. There's no reason for them to keep a body once the autopsy is completed. Their entire job is figuring out COD and Manner of death (and of course TOD if possible). Once they've made their finding then they release the body to the family/funeral home--yes, before the written report is completed.

In cases where they were not able to determine a a COD from the state of the body itself (i.e. no obvious forms of trauma, or organ failure, etc.) then they have taken tissue samples from the various organs (which is standard), they run a toxicology screen from blood (or have it run for them at a lab), and they keep various bits 'n pieces of tissue and organs they might need for further tests, and they release the body and the COD is 'pending.' Once they determine the COD they work on the written report and complete it. This was the case in the Heath Ledger autopsy as well as Anna Nicole Smith autopsy. They knew it was drug/chemical, but they didn't know exactly what or how much was taken or whether it was suicide or accidental. The final reports came after the burial of Smith and cremation of Ledger.

The written report ALWAYS takes time to do because they simply have a large volume of reports to complete, transcribe, review, and tox screens have to come back if those have been sent out, and then added to the report. It's a paperwork thing that causes the delay. Most medical examiner depts are VERY busy places with a lot of bodies to autopsy. It isn't just homicide cases that get autopsies.

Why would they take out the bed frame but not the mattress? Doesn't make sense?.....

maybe they cut samples out of the mattress.

the mattress could have had a waterproof mattress cover that was gathered as evidence.
someone saw brad and his mom buying new sheets at JC penney's.

maybe they cut samples out of the mattress.

the mattress could have had a waterproof mattress cover that was gathered as evidence.
someone saw brad and his mom buying new sheets at JC penney's.

i would be buying new sheets, too, if eveyone knew about my brown/yellow sheets...
:crazy::D

I still say the long package being carried out is a custom window valance on a cornice board with a draw cord, used for strangulation. I said it the 1st day the photo was released because of the length and boxed ends, and still do because of the other bag looking identical to a pillow size and shape. We had balloon valances that could be dropped to cover the entire window, some are not that long, but still have a cord.

I checked the bed frame dimensions and even a single bed frame length is 6'3".

Here are some photo's I could find that are similar to the valances I am talking about. None of these look long enough to cover an entire window, but these do have draw cords. All ot these valances can be put on a cornice board, some pictured are on rods.

The body is not in the morgue, and I don't say that because of two news paper articles alone. Even Nancy's friends acknowledged the body was cremated. It is quite normal for a body to be released, even in homcide cases in a very short time. Michelle Young was buried within a week of her murder. The ME no longer needs the body once he has completed the autopsy, collected evidence and samples LE have designated and certified it. I posted a link to OCME - the procedures and requirements are available at the link. Did you not bother with it ?

There is nothing unusual about this case. An autopsy report not being completed is not unusual - does not mean the autopsy itself is not complete - it was completed the day it was started. The ME does not do testing - samples are collected only - the testing is conducted by the SBI lab and no murder takes precedence over another. It use to be up to 6 months for SBI lab results and forensics to be returned in NC - they have made great strides by reducing that to two months, so they say. It will be unusual if the results are actually back in two months.

I still say the long package being carried out is a custom window valance on a cornice board with a draw cord, used for strangulation. I said it the 1st day the photo was released because of the length and boxed ends, and still do because of the other bag looking identical to a pillow size and shape. We had balloon valances that could be dropped to cover the entire window, some are not that long, but still have a cord.

I checked the bed frame dimensions and even a single bed frame length is 6'3".

Here are some photo's I could find that are similar to the valances I am talking about. None of these look long enough to cover an entire window, but these do have draw cords. All ot these valances can be put on a cornice board, some pictured are on rods.

box-pleat-balloon-295.jpg
londonbow3.jpg
tailedballoon2.jpg
blueballoon1.jpg

If the cause of death is either strangulation or suffocation, I hope the DA goes for the DP. Both these causes take time, up to four minutes, a person has that amount of time to determine if they want to murder someone. If so, hope the perp winds up fighting for his own life.

Mt3K - I have a question for you. Can you think back on the day you went by BC's house and he was in the garage with that other fellow, you mentioned there were some saw horses - did you happen to notice if what was on the saw horses was plywood or sheetrock by any chance ?

RC, by the "...plywood or sheetrock..." mention, are you maybe hinting at sheetrock being replaced, due to a stain, indentation or whatnot? My enquiring mind...

Speaking of the SBI. My dad was a Special Agent for the North Carolina SBI. I learned a few things from him! I wish he were alive right now so we could have coffee and muse over this case, as well as Michelle Youn'gs murder.

RC, by the "...plywood or sheetrock..." mention, are you maybe hinting at sheetrock being replaced, due to a stain, indentation or whatnot? My enquiring mind...

Speaking of the SBI. My dad was a Special Agent for the North Carolina SBI. I learned a few things from him! I wish he were alive right now so we could have coffee and muse over this case, as well as Michelle Youn'gs murder.

How ironic! My mother is retired SBI and our family contains attorneys, judges, etc. I have qualified insight as well........believe me I've asked LOTS of questions!

How ironic! My mother is retired SBI and our family contains attorneys, judges, etc. I have qualified insight as well........believe me I've asked LOTS of questions!

Golly dang, Tarheellvr! Maybe my retired SBI agent Dad and your retired SBI agent mamma knew each other, or knew OF each other. Dad died in 2005, and he had been retired for a long time. He joined the SBI when his department was moved over from the NC Dept. of Insurance, back in the 1960s, if I am correct.

BTW, our family has a judge. Hmmm... interesting. We may have to do a little PMessaging later. I need to get going.

Those LE people have to do some really awful things to carry out their job duties, though. Some of the things Dad had to do made him cry. But, the crying didn't last long. Good old justice was served. I'm a laptop detective on WS, myself. Not a very good one, either. It's fun though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth