996 users online (170 members and 826 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tropical Storm Hanna

MIAMI - The National Hurricane Center says Tropical Storm Hanna has formed northeast of the northern Leeward Islands in the Atlantic.

The eighth tropical storm of the Atlantic season had top sustained winds near 40 mph Thursday. Its center was about 305 miles northeast of the northern Leeward Islands and was moving toward the west-northwest near 12 mph.

Hanna could produce rainfall of 1 to 4 inches across parts of the Leeward Islands. It's too soon to say if Hanna will affect the U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080828/ap_on_re_us/tropical_weather_hanna;_ylt=AqaGWSSt1jqLXNuimXZ1O7 Gs0NUE

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    This just in - per poco's tv -

Hurricane Hannah - Category 2 - heading towards northern florida Jacksonville/Savannah Ga area and close on her tail is Ike.......

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

I hope Hanna doesn't plan on touring the east coast of florida, I just don't think I could handle it.

As I sit on the beautiful barrier island in south NC that I call home...

Let me tell you, tomorrow we start getting ready.

I had 42" of water in my house for Fran, so it's time to start moving things up.

What is bad, if this one doesn't get us, I fear Ike will. I hope they don't both, it'll be a mess.
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

It looks like it might strafe the entire east coast of Florida as a Cat 1 before making landfall around the Georgia state line, or in Georgia itself, as a Cat 2.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...ove&stormNum=7

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

ZELMAJANE!

I live in Oriental, NC. It's kinda along the Pamlico Sound. Anyway, I'm so worried about Hanna - even if we don't get a direct hit (and that's still not out of the question) we'll get a heck of a lot of rain and wind - as you probably will also. I just hate the idea of packing everything away, moving four cats and a dog with us to another territory, or plain leaving my life behind. Of course, that's the price we pay for living where we do! Good luck to you and to me too!!

gaia
    Simplicity...patience...compassion

Oh my goodness, my brother and his family are located at the Ga/Fla state lines...

I couldn't get in touch with them for days during Gustav and now Hanna...

Prayers for all... Take good care...
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    The NHC forecast track map disagrees with Accuweather's, as this map has it making a beeline for S. Carolina, whereas Accuweather is closer to Florida and then landing near Georgia. Interesting.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    It looks like it might strafe the entire east coast of Florida as a Cat 1 before making landfall around the Georgia state line, or in Georgia itself, as a Cat 2.

http://hurricane.accuweather.com/hur...ove&stormNum=7
    Looks like Accuweather updated it's map to also show landfall in S. Carolina.

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gaia View Post

Of course, that's the price we pay for living where we do! Good luck to you and to me too!!

gaia

I KNOW right!

As of right now, I may see the eye. I'm just north of Wilmington.

I sent all my pictures home with my Dad already.

Easley says "It's stupid and dangerous to stay once you've been told to evacuate," (According to WRAL).

I suppose I may have to be "stupid"

Good luck Gaia!!
    "The cure for anything is salt water- sweat, tears, or the sea." -Isak Dinensen

My sister lives in Virginia Beach and just this summer got her back yard fixed up from the last hurricane. She is very upset about the damage Hanna might inflict and all the time and work involved afterwards.

CaliKid, are you talking about Hurrican Isabelle? I live in VA (Hampton Roads area) and that's the worse hurricane that I can remember. I don't even think it was a Hurricane 3.

I pass by a house on my way to work that still hasn't been repaired since then.

I think your sister will be okay. The news this morning said not too much flooding and that winds would be maybe 40-60. It's still scary thought because that can all change.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief View Post
    I hope Hanna doesn't plan on touring the east coast of florida, I just don't think I could handle it.
    I know, BB, aren't you about tired of all this sheeit? Goodness, there is still alot of water here left from Fay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast