612 users online (85 members and 527 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 996
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    448

    VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

    I'm starting another thread to help us regroup.

    Link to the first thread:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27787

    Please list possibles here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69596

    Please list facts here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69602

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    448
    I have a question. I am trying to get ahold of LE in Virginia, and I need to know if I should contact Greensville County Sherriffs, because I cannot find what actual city this accident took place in.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsgal View Post
    I have a question. I am trying to get ahold of LE in Virginia, and I need to know if I should contact Greensville County Sherriffs, because I cannot find what actual city this accident took place in.
    Just west of Emporia. Greensville Sheriff's Office is in Emporia!
    Would you believe some of my father's relatives live right there in Emporia near where this happened. One of the streets off Hwy 58 even has our name on it (probably their driveway).


    Greensville Co. Sheriff's Office
    174 Uriah Branch Way Emporia, VA 23847 Non-Emergency Phone: (434) 348-4200 Emergency Only: 911 Fax: (434) 634-9615 E-mail: gcso@telpage.net

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    197
    Hey, has anyone tried searching through Jasons in zabasearch? I thought someone here did.

    Anyway, I checked and there were a couple of people looking for Jasons that sounded like they were family members who hadn't seen the Jason they were looking for in years.

    (like this one: To: JASON O. TAYLOR
    JASON, I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND, FIND YOU FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE FOUND YOU RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARE MY SON JASON WHO HAS A BROTHER NAME STEVEN THEN CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING ALRIGHT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME STAY HERE WITH ME. LOVE ALWAYS MARY 772 460-2185.)

    I know that Tawni Mazzone's aunt posted a message in zabasearch--maybe JD's relatives did too?

    I'm sure there'd be a lot, but maybe if we split them up--not all of the messages will qualify, if it's just someone looking for Jason Whoever who went to school with them. We'd need a message from a family member.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphra View Post
    Hey, has anyone tried searching through Jasons in zabasearch? I thought someone here did.

    Anyway, I checked and there were a couple of people looking for Jasons that sounded like they were family members who hadn't seen the Jason they were looking for in years.

    (like this one: To: JASON O. TAYLOR
    JASON, I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO KNOW THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONTACT YOU AND, FIND YOU FOR SEVERAL YEARS. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE FOUND YOU RIGHT NOW BUT IF YOU ARE MY SON JASON WHO HAS A BROTHER NAME STEVEN THEN CAN YOU PLEASE CALL ME TO LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE DOING ALRIGHT. I WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO COME STAY HERE WITH ME. LOVE ALWAYS MARY 772 460-2185.)

    I know that Tawni Mazzone's aunt posted a message in zabasearch--maybe JD's relatives did too?

    I'm sure there'd be a lot, but maybe if we split them up--not all of the messages will qualify, if it's just someone looking for Jason Whoever who went to school with them. We'd need a message from a family member.
    It's too bad that Jason is such a common name, certainly would make the task easier if we thought he had a much more unusual name!

    That said, I'd be willing to help look around on there. You never know what you might find. How would we go about contacting the people who have left the messages? To be honest, I'd feel rather uncomfortable calling total strangers about such a sensitive subject.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    197
    Maybe a better approach would be for us to post a message on there? You're right, I don't want to upset someone unnecessarily.

  7. #7
    i went to archive.org and found the concert there i'm trying to find video of it maybe our guy happened to be in the videos or the man that posted the concert stuff has pictures?

  8. #8
    http://www.gratefuldead.com/sites/de...950524_001.jpg

    if you look at this picture you will clearly notice the guy in the middle with red cury hair...what do you think could it be him?

  9. #9
    http://www.gratefuldead.com/sites/de...40305_1705.jpg

    and look at this picture i cant tell if the person with their hand sheltering their eyes from the sun is a guy or a girl but it sure does look like our guy
    what do you think?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    197
    first one: definitely could be him

    second one is a girl, so probably not.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    I went to the source site of those pictures, and according to the descriptions and comments, neither is from the show our "Jason" attended.

    http://www.gratefuldead.com/archives...t-sky-pavilion


    http://www.gratefuldead.com/archives...seattle-center

    If he was a follower of the Dead for awhile, he definitely might have attended those shows. But I'd say it is pretty unlikely that of the few images on the website from 1995, our guy is just going to happen to be in one. That said, the idea of trying to find old pictures or video footage taken at the concert isn't a bad one.

    While we should keep in mind that the composite of "Jason" may not be extremely accurate to how he looked in life, we do know what he was wearing and have a general description/idea of his height and build, and hair color. Given a clear picture, I don't think it is impossible that we could pick him out of a crowd. Slim chance? probably, but I'd be willing to take the time to go through pictures if someone comes across some.

    Perhaps we could start posting on GD fan sites and forums and asking if anyone has old pictures or videos from that concert that they would consider sharing? Sure it probably isn't going to lead us right to his real identity, but it would be neat to see how he looked in life.

  12. #12
    thats what I was thinking I know if I were at a concert surrounded by the same people for any given amount of time I would kind of get to know them. I'm trying to join the grateful dead web site to join forums and see if anybody took pictures or video of the concert.

  13. #13
    I'm not sure about that second picture I posted being a girl. I can see how easily that could look like him. Its so weird how with the shirt and the hair, the face. I'm torn is that a girl or a guy I dont know...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by azsteph1110 View Post
    I'm not sure about that second picture I posted being a girl. I can see how easily that could look like him. Its so weird how with the shirt and the hair, the face. I'm torn is that a girl or a guy I dont know...
    The shirt is not the same one "Jason" was wearing when he died. Not only was that shirt quite a bit darker, but it was from the concert he had just attended. The picture that you posted is apparently from an entirely different concert, which the comments claim was in 1994.

    As to the person in question being male or female, I can't really tell. Though I think the lower half of the face looks rather feminine.

    You can get a pretty decent look at the shirt he was found in, here: http://www.geocities.com/trying2id/JDpage.html

  15. #15
    oh I see...ya the shirt is like dark red. what about that zabasearch has anyone posted anything on there yet

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Another Grateful Dead follower from 1995 indentified
    By los2188 in forum Grateful Dead Fan
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 01:18 PM
  2. Are we focusing on the Grateful Dead Fan theory too much?
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Grateful Dead Fan
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-09-2013, 04:08 PM
  3. DC - Male in photo - At Grateful Dead show at RFK Stadium, 1994
    By Earthbound Misfit I in forum Grateful Dead fan -Possible Matches
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 01:52 AM
  4. VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #1
    By trying2id in forum Grateful Dead Fan
    Replies: 510
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 08:20 PM

Tags for this Thread