Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: VA - Grateful Dead Fan - Unidentified male, 26 June 1995 - #2

A post of yours, LOL!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...le#post3256693

Also, here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...le#post1090109

and here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ole#post735192

Did LE rule him out? There are SO many things that fit--the telephone number was possibly a Maryland number, someone said his name was possible Jason Coe... etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Jules - where are you seeing he was ruled out? I can't find the link/post? I too think he might be a good canidate. I'm off to find the Myspace page. Has anyone looked at the facebook page talked about in the article?

TIA,

Salem

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Julessleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    A post of yours, LOL!

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...le#post3256693

Also, here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...le#post1090109

and here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ole#post735192

Did LE rule him out? There are SO many things that fit--the telephone number was possibly a Maryland number, someone said his name was possible Jason Coe... etc.
    I didn't remember because I was just bringing the ruled out names forward Thought I was loosing it there for a minute

In one of the links, it looks like maybe he was ruled out based on a report that he went missing in 1999? I think it might be worth sending him in again and seeing what happens. All the talk Sleuths were doing in 2006 about the Baltimore area makes sense. Maybe we should give it another shot. If Cole was submitted in 2006, I'm not sure all of Jason's info was in the computer at that time. The detective said it was done in the last couple of years. So, it may be worth a shot.

There was also a post of a Ricky Lee Jones who ran away from Texas. I think he is worth looking into also. Some of the things in the post were very interesting.

I guess I should go back through the old posts and try to bring them up to date also

Salem

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I don't believe it is Jimmy Cole because he left a bar intoxicated at 1:30 AM. What would he do, say, Hey I'm going to go to a Grateful Dead Concert and just what, hitched a ride? His house was only four blocks away. Circumstances don't fit to me. I think we are looking for a runaway.

It was unlike Cole to just disappear without telling anyone, according to his other brother, Tim Cole, who had gone fishing the day his brother vanished.
    "I don't think he would have just taken off and left," he said in a phone interview Friday. "He would have told me."

Or, he would have at least picked up his paycheck from his landscaping job, which was waiting for him at work, he said.

Police said Cole hadn't mentioned any planned trips, and none of his possessions were missing. He also had a girlfriend at the time. Merchant said Cole spoke to his girlfriend every day and would not have left without telling her.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danaya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    There was also a post of a Ricky Lee Jones who ran away from Texas. I think he is worth looking into also. Some of the things in the post were very interesting.

I guess I should go back through the old posts and try to bring them up to date also

Salem
    He's not Ricky Lee Jones. Jones has been found, was an UID for 17 years, and finally identified last summer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marion For This Useful Post:

To clarify Grievousangel's question about Hagar and Jason stopping at Hagar's home, if I recall correctly, they stopped at the home of Hagar's father in northern Virginia. Hagar was then heading to his mother's home in Inman, SC.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Helper - where did the info about stopping at Hagar's father's house come from?

Salem

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Salem For This Useful Post:

I'll check around and see where I read that. I thought it was in the newspaper article written ten years after the fact, but I believe I reread it and it's not there.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

"Richard" has been following this case closely for many years. On Jan. 5, 2006, he posted:
    It is felt that he picked up the unknown hitchhiker on I-95 just
    south of Fairfax and headed south. stopping briefly at the home
    of his (the driver's) father, where the two young men were seen
    by a neighbor. Because the father was not home, the son left
    a note stating that he was heading further south to his mother's
    house, which is in Inman, South Carolina.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

I made a few posts on some North and South Carolina-based Facebook groups linking to his Doe Network page. Hopefully somebody will see it...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venom Goose For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know whether any of the NC or SC newspapers have done a story on this UID, like some kind of a feature? With him hitchhiking with someone headed towards SC, it could be that Jason was headed to family or friends in either state, Since I-95 connects to several major cross state interstates (Most notably I-40 in NC and I-20 and I-26 here in SC.) It may be a long shot, but some type of widespread media coverage (other than what the papers would have probably listed in the "Around the US" section in the back of the A or B section).
    God Grant me the serenity to accept those things which I cannot change, the strength to change those things which I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and who always will. So don't worry about people from your past; there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to eeyorelrn For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know what became of "Jason's" remains? was he buried, cremated, still in a locker at the medical examiner's office?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Shecky For This Useful Post:

Greensville County had his remains cremated about nine years ago, according to Teresa Welch. http://vancnews.com/articles/2005/07...ews/news02.txt

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helper For This Useful Post:

Please forgive me if this has been posted before. When I Google "grateful dead" jason this photo from 1995 comes up:

http://www.dead.net/fanphotos/jason-and-dave-july-1995

Now, I know that GDF died on 26 June 1995 whereas the photo caption says July 1995, and I also know that the Jason in this photo is more likely to be the dark-haired man on the left (not that we know GDF's name to be Jason for sure). But my stomach dropped a mile when I saw the photo. The red-haired man sure does bear a resemblance to GDF. Has anyone looked into this?

I don't think it is our Jason. Our Jason did not have a beard. So even if the date was mixed up, that would mean that Jason had a beard when he died. Someone out there has to be missing our Jason and I sure wish we could find them. There has to be a way?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem
    I don't think it is our Jason. Our Jason did not have a beard. So even if the date was mixed up, that would mean that Jason had a beard when he died.
    Salem, you are almost certainly right, but...

My thoughts were along the lines of, suppose that photo weren't from July 1995, but from May or June sometime? A beard can be removed at whim on a morning, and there are plenty of young guys who do, especially when they've just been growing one for the hell of it for the last few months and got tired of it. I can easily imagine a scenario in which the photo was actually taken a week or two earlier and the redhead happened to finally get a chance to shave in the meantime. Stranger things have certainly happened, you know?

Anyway, it was just a thought that's been nagging at me. They certainly do look like one another.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to zinc For This Useful Post:

If you right click on that picture and look at the properties it says the pic was taken in Chicago.

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that; that's one place the Dead were playing in early July, I believe at the end of that tour. There are no obvious markers of time and place in the picture (to me at least), which is why I suggested that it's not inconceivable that the label might not be correct.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to zinc For This Useful Post:

Hello

Hello, Does anyone know why he is not in Namus? Do any of you experienced people know how to add him to that? Does anyone know if when the driver of the car was found, did he have his wallet? I'm thinking that someone may have come across the accident, saw they were both dead and took their wallets. I know my boyfriend's jeans have the "imprint" of his wallet in them, you can tell that he always carries his wallet there. It would be nice to know if Jason's pants had a similar "imprint". Of course, I am sure they will say they can't reveal that due to privacy issues. I wish they would release the morgue photos, as bad as they are. You can get such a sense of a person that just isn't there in a drawing, you know.......Maureen

33. The Following User Says Thank You to maureen For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zinc View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, I saw that; that's one place the Dead were playing in early July, I believe at the end of that tour. There are no obvious markers of time and place in the picture (to me at least), which is why I suggested that it's not inconceivable that the label might not be correct.
    zinc - you are absolutely right that strange things happen. And it is perfectly conceivable that the date on the picture could be wrong. I have many, many pictures that are actually dated several months after they were taken. Just depended on when I got the film developed. That could be the case here.

If this picture is "nagging" you, then maybe it would be good to try to follow up on it and track it down. Do you want to give that a shot? Maybe you can email someone on the site?

Jason has been unidentified for 14 years. It appears he was never reported missing or that he has no family or something. So many of us have searched, submitted, and hit a wall. We have to start thinking outside the box. That's something I'm not so good at I appear to have a pretty logical brain

Let me know what you think about following up to see if we can figure out who the Jason in the picture is, okay?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by maureen View Post
    Hello, Does anyone know why he is not in Namus? Do any of you experienced people know how to add him to that? Does anyone know if when the driver of the car was found, did he have his wallet? I'm thinking that someone may have come across the accident, saw they were both dead and took their wallets. I know my boyfriend's jeans have the "imprint" of his wallet in them, you can tell that he always carries his wallet there. It would be nice to know if Jason's pants had a similar "imprint". Of course, I am sure they will say they can't reveal that due to privacy issues. I wish they would release the morgue photos, as bad as they are. You can get such a sense of a person that just isn't there in a drawing, you know.......Maureen
    Maureen - hello. I think this wallet idea is a great one, but I'm not sure we will be able to get an answer. We could try.

I do know the driver was identified and he had family in the area. But I'm not sure how he was identified....

I will try to follow up and see how far I get. It may take me awhile, though, so your patience is appreciated. Alternatively, if you would like to follow up, please do so. You don't have to wait for me

Salem

I agree - the morgue pictures could be very helpful. Also, I will look into Namus - I thought Jason was listed there..... hmmmm.
    Last edited by Salem; 08-28-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: added comments

Hello again

Hi Salem, Maybe I just don't know what I am doing, but, when I go into Namus and go to Virginia, there are only 2 males listed from 1995 and neither one is from June. You know so much more than I do, I would appreciate anything you could do. I figure the driver could have been identified just from the license plate, you know? That's why I thought of the wallets being stolen. If Jason is as young as they say, he may not have had a driver's license yet, but no money? That doesn't make sense. I wonder if he could have been in a juvenile facility or foster care or whatever and got released when he turned 18? It's one thing to travel light, but 4 quarters is all you carry when you are buying tickets (2 tickets) and a t-shirt? That just cannot be. I wish LE was as interested in solving this as we all are......Maureen

37. The Following User Says Thank You to maureen For This Useful Post:

Nevermind... I need to read further down in what I am reading before posting.
    Last edited by buffetoflies; 09-04-2009 at 10:24 PM. Reason: I'm dumb

Hi Maureen - you are right about the money issue. It does not make sense that someone could buy a 2 tickets and a T-shirt with no money.

I am NOT convinced that our Doe's name is Jason or that he actually attended the Grateful Doe concert. If he did, where is his date? Why did he have 2 ticket stubs? And a note from 2 Carolines? Why didn't he have 3 ticket stubs? Which Caroline was his date? Where was his buddy if he went with a friend? Why didn't he just give his buddy the ticket, leaving him with only one stub? The two Carolines did not check out. My understanding is the phone number was a fake.

If Jason went to the concert, he went with someone. Otherwise why 2 ticket stubs? The someone was probably a date or a person much younger than himself, otherwise he would have just given the person their ticket and he would not have retained the ticket stub.

I'm not sure there was no wallet. Maybe a wallet with no id? Doesn't make a lot of sense though, does it?

This case perplexes me. Jason must have come from somewhere, but apparently it was place where people don't check up on you?

Salem

Hope I can help

I really hop eI can help on this case in some way!! I am a fellow deadhead and I started thinking of different places to post his info so other fellow deadheads mights see.
    Here is some of the places I plan to leave messages:

Jambase- place for jamband music and festival info. They have articles plus forums so left info on both

Relix- jamband magazine left message with contact person

Myspace: hoping to hit as many deadheads as possible with a message to see is anyone knows him
    bands: Grateful dead
    Widespread panic
    String Cheese Incident
    Umphrey's Mcgee
    Phish
    Moe
    Railroad Earth so many to locate

same for Facebook but not a member

etree.org: Taping and free live concerts leave on message boards

festival sites: I'm sure they have forums or boards

leave messages on bands community web sites and see if they will post : see above bands

If you can think of somewhere i have forgotten, let me know please!!!

A lost deadhead needs a place to rest his bones!

Forever Grateful,
    Kari

Murders get life for taking a life
    Pedophiles/Rapist SHOULD get life for taking a soul!!!!

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SoulSister For This Useful Post:

Soulsister - thank you! We can use all the help we can get here and we appreciate your efforts. Crossing my fingers someone will see all your many posts and recognize our guy!

Salem

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast