647 users online (90 members and 557 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Looooong Visits With JB

Ok I know as part of her house arrest she was allowed to attend meetings with her attorney, but seriously, 6-8 hour meetings every day? Does this seem strange to anyone? I believe on Nancy Grace last night it was brought up and the lady covering for NG asked one of the panel attorneys if it is common for a client on house arrest to come to an attorney's office and watch cartoons all day. The attorney said it wasn't normal and thought it was rather strange if they are working on her defense every day, for that much time. I'm wondering if she's just doing it to get out of the house and she's just pushing the terms of her house arrest, or if she really is allowed to be there that long and if she maybe is doing something worthwhile there.

I just thought house arrest meant "HOUSE ARREST" ---not "Jose Baez's office arrest".

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    At first I thought something was going on between JB and Casey. Now I lend towards the fact that Casey, Cindy and George in that house together might be too stressful for all of them AND that JB is afraid Casey might tell Cindy and George something.
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    Those long visits seem 'odd' to me as well-- is it part of some security thing? To keep her 'safe' from public?etc

Or is Casey wanting spend so much time there to avoid being around her family?

Likely, she is liking JB telling her "You say nothing, you are innocent" , which makes more comfy sticking around -- than again they have a lot of smoke to continue flaring up for those screens ! She';s probably kicking back in his office ( feet propped ) on desk reading Cosmo just to avoid home-
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

So visits with the attorney are unlimited in duration? That's also what I'm wondering. I just thought the people in charge of supervising the terms of her house arrest would've reprimanded her if she's spending too much time away from the house, but I guess when it's with the attorney it's ok?

Leonard said, and a local reporter on Nancy Grace said last night, that the tension is very high in the Anthony house, "you could cut it with a knife."

Leonard said the long visits were to get away from her family.

Is he giving her a cheap rate, cuz billable legal hours can add up to a big tab really fast. Who is paying for this? What the fridge do you talk to your lawyer about for 6-8 hours a day? Could she be sneakin' out the back?

Someone brought up the possibility of a "relationship" between casey and baez in another thread last week.. and I didnt honestly think that much about it at the time.. but.. given the day she was released.. his comment about "going to go get my girl" and the (IMO) intimate manner in which she put her hand on his chest to whisper in his ear.. I have to admit.. kinda made me start wondering.. add in these extremely long hours they seem to spend in his office.. Im beginning to wonder... especially given Casey's history of casual sex.. I just hope Im totally wrong and Baez is way way above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlrilla View Post
    Ok I know as part of her house arrest she was allowed to attend meetings with her attorney, but seriously, 6-8 hour meetings every day? Does this seem strange to anyone? I believe on Nancy Grace last night it was brought up and the lady covering for NG asked one of the panel attorneys if it is common for a client on house arrest to come to an attorney's office and watch cartoons all day. The attorney said it wasn't normal and thought it was rather strange if they are working on her defense every day, for that much time. I'm wondering if she's just doing it to get out of the house and she's just pushing the terms of her house arrest, or if she really is allowed to be there that long and if she maybe is doing something worthwhile there.

I just thought house arrest meant "HOUSE ARREST" ---not "Jose Baez's office arrest".
    Yesterday when she went in to see him she had a back-pack on...
    I think she is in there writting a book about herself!! lol -
    Judge Stan Strickland "God didn't set Casey free - a jury did"

Brownies, eh?

Casey Anthony Is 'Self-Centered'
    10:59 a.m., Friday: Bounty hunter Doug Padilla arrived with Casey Anthony at her attorney's office, where Padilla called Casey "self-centered." As usual, Casey did not talk to the media when she arrived, although this time, she was carrying a tray of brownies. Meanwhile, State Attorney Lawson Lamar is meeting with reporters at this hour, and we expect an update soon. -- WESH.com web staff
    http://www.wesh.com/news/17323063/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by MvD View Post
    Someone brought up the possibility of a "relationship" between casey and baez in another thread last week.. and I didnt honestly think that much about it at the time.. but.. given the day she was released.. his comment about "going to go get my girl" and the (IMO) intimate manner in which she put her hand on his chest to whisper in his ear.. I have to admit.. kinda made me start wondering.. add in these extremely long hours they seem to spend in his office.. Im beginning to wonder... especially given Casey's history of casual sex.. I just hope Im totally wrong and Baez is way way above that.
    He seems to be her 'type' and she doesn't seem to have much trouble gettin' guys, so to speak. If I were JB, she's cute, but I'd be careful about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by MvD View Post
    I thought the same exact thing about that "moment."

The whole thing is strange to me as well, first the late night jailhouse visits til 1 am. Now the whole day long visits. Does he have no other cases? And if he is doing this pro-bono how can he not have other cases to support his firm?
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

I would imagine if she is just getting out of the house, he's probably fine with that because yeah, she won't talk to her family that way. So he's probably cool with her just hanging out doing whatever while he MAYBE works on other cases? I don't see how he has time for other cases. This one seems like a full time job.

Well, she was reading law books when in jail, so maybe she is assisting him with his other cases now.

...or attorny's office has another back door...so she can go to movie, or beach, or store....possible? very much...

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast