Mistake puts elderly lady with the luggage...

Elphaba

Defying Gravity...
Reaction score
Poor lady... obviously there was some kind of miscommunication going on in regards of the checking in process: she thought part of her checking in was to take a place on the luggage belt... after lying down on the belt, off she went down the chute with the luggage.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,413404,00.html

Oh my. I hope she's ok...I have to admit though, the thought of her taking a place on the luggage belt made me chuckle...

Definitely... "befuddled." Family members, take note. :(

"Staff members helped her catch her flight after she was swept off to the baggage handling center."

Thank God she's alright; and staff still helped her catch her flight. At that age, it's easy to break something. She should get checked out by a doctor when she arrives at her destination. She may have Alzheimers or something.

If you fly in the baggage area do you get a cheaper rate? Are you still allowed to check a bag?

If you fly in the baggage area do you get a cheaper rate? Are you still allowed to check a bag?

Stop it...lol. I already felt bad enough for fighting a laugh reading the story. I know its not funny but I couldn't help myself.

LOL Angela, I was thinking about taking another trip to Fla. Just checking out my options.

Can you imagine the looks on the faces of the baggage handlers when she came through??? :eek:

I hope her family doesnt allow her to fly solo again. That could have ended badly.

Mysteriew, Im thinking the same thing. What did they think? LOL!

That is so not funny and I can't stop laughing. It made me think of the time my grandmother was taking a train from Chicago to Springfield, IL. There were people to pick her up at the train station. I start getting this bunch of phone calls. Finally I get a call from a conductor in Lansing, MI. He had my Grandma there and wanted to verify where she should be going.

That really is scary!
I am a geriatric care manager so obviously I have spent a lot of time with the elderly and can spot confusion a mile away.
I went to the airport in Miami a few years ago to pick up a friend. I arrived very early and was just enjoying watching people when I saw an elderly man who appeared to be lost. I walked up and offered to help him, he did not know his name, where he was from ect.... He was actually talking about catching the bus or a taxi to"get the heck out of here." I called security so that someone could witness me going through his wallet. Thank goodness that he had some very old (like 10-15 yrs) business cards with him. I called one of the numbers and people were eventually able to track down his family. The man was from Seattle and was going on a cruise with his wife. He had been lost in the airport for 5 hours. Honestly when his wife showed up she did not at the least bit concerned. I spoke at length with two of his children and then off mom and dad went on their cruise.

You are all assuming this woman was on the luggage carosel due to an error of some kind. Maybe as a little girl, she was with parents who always held her hand and said NO to just doing something like that.

I know when I'm 90 and can get away with it, I'm going to sit down on the luggage carosel and ride it like I wanted to do from the moment they were invented. I'm going to say what's on my mind and not worry about being PC. I'm going to scratch where it itches and get a mowhawk.

I like to think she got on it because she COULD. :)

You are all assuming this woman was on the luggage carosel due to an error of some kind. Maybe as a little girl, she was with parents who always held her hand and said NO to just doing something like that.

I know when I'm 90 and can get away with it, I'm going to sit down on the luggage carosel and ride it like I wanted to do from the moment they were invented. I'm going to say what's on my mind and not worry about being PC. I'm going to scratch where it itches and get a mowhawk.

LOL!!!! you are so funny. I have told my daughter that when I can I am going to run naked through the nursing home and have all kinds of fun just because I can. They will all think I am crazy but, I plan to be well aware of what I am doing.

LOL!!!! you are so funny. I have told my daughter that when I can I am going to run naked through the nursing home and have all kinds of fun just because I can. They will all think I am crazy but, I plan to be well aware of what I am doing.

You probably will be. When my Gramps was dying of cancer, he said some things everyone ignored and said was just "jibberish." One thing he said was to check the glove compartment of the car. My Mom went and checked the glove compartment of his car and found nothing of value, so she passed it off as he was nuts. Well, gramps had about 20 cars - antique cars in a barn that he kept in running order, but never drove. I checked all the glove compartments. In my Grandmother's Father's old car was a wallet that was ancient. It had lots of money in it.
Old people aren't always as nuts as you think they are. So, you'll be just fine... and will enjoy every moment of getting away with it by people who will assume you are nuts. :)

You probably will be. When my Gramps was dying of cancer, he said some things everyone ignored and said was just "jibberish." One thing he said was to check the glove compartment of the car. My Mom went and checked the glove compartment of his car and found nothing of value, so she passed it off as he was nuts. Well, gramps had about 20 cars - antique cars in a barn that he kept in running order, but never drove. I checked all the glove compartments. In my Grandmother's Father's old car was a wallet that was ancient. It had lots of money in it.
Old people aren't always as nuts as you think they are. So, you'll be just fine... and will enjoy every moment of getting away with it by people who will assume you are nuts. :)

Always listen to what people say on their death bed! My my grandmother told us "don't forget about my purse and check the drawers. We did, she had 2000 in her purse and nearly 10,000 in cash hidden in her dresser drawers underneath folded newspapers.

It is kind of my reward for all the years in nursing. I plan to get great pleasure out of this. The only mistake I have already made is telling my children that I am going to do this. so, when they call my daughter in the middle of the night and tell her I am dancing naked in the middle of the dining room she won't be surprised.

LOL, I got a set down today. I told my DD about this thread and about your plan. I told her I thought it was a good plan and said I was thinking of adopting it. She said "really Mom, do you think anyone would ever notice?" I asked her what she meant. She said "you are already like that, how would anyone notice the difference?"

LOL, I got a set down today. I told my DD about this thread and about your plan. I told her I thought it was a good plan and said I was thinking of adopting it. She said "really Mom, do you think anyone would ever notice?" I asked her what she meant. She said "you are already like that, how would anyone notice the difference?"

Yep. On my 41st birthday, someone asked how old I was and my daughter said 18. I said "Yeah, I totally look 18" and she said "You ACT 18." I was flattered, as long as I ignored her rolling eyes. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back