bond question

Kimmer

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone will know the answer to this question but here it goes

On Greta tonight she was telling Leonard to go and get his check for the
50grand he used to bail her out, I know in the past Leonard had stated if he revoked her bond he would not be given a refund on that money, But
since she was rearrested will he be due a refund of his money?

And if that is the case then will someone have to not only put the new bond money up, but will they also have to re-bond with 50 grand on the original charges?

And if that is the case will there be any way that she can get back out?

Leonard will get his bond back if he revokes it. Then for Casey to get out, a new bond for the $500,000 would have to be posted along with a bond for whatever these economic crimes cost.

If Leonard (Tony) does not revoke the child neglect bond, then someone will just need to post a bond for the new charges, which probably won't be much and Casey can get out again.

I don't think it is safe for Case to get out. She should stay put, not only for herself but for her family. Casey should refuse any bond offers. People are losing their minds and acting like sheep, in my opinion.

Salem

Leonard does not get the 50,000 back. will never get it back no matter what. I wish people would quit talking about him getting back the 50,000. It is the 500,000 he put up as collateral on the surety that he wants to get back and can get back if he revokes the bond. The 50,000 is gone forever no matter what.

Leonard does not get the 50,000 back. will never get it back no matter what. I wish people would quit talking about him getting back the 50,000. It is the 500,000 he put up as collateral on the surety that he wants to get back and can get back if he revokes the bond. The 50,000 is gone forever no matter what.

Yes. It was the 10% given to the Florida bondsman who handled the bond...that money is gone.

Will Leonard get the 500,00 back if he doesn't revoke the bond? He didn't actually confirm on Greta that he's going to revoke. Wonder what he'll decide to do.

Will Leonard get the 500,00 back if he doesn't revoke the bond? He didn't actually confirm on Greta that he's going to revoke. Wonder what he'll decide to do.
there's just a bond for 500k. He didn't actually put that money up. he just collateralized the bond.

Being that she was rearrested while out on bond, does the bond have to be revoked - not just someone deciding whether they want to or not - but have to be revoked. Also, being that she was rearrested while out on bond, can she now be held without bond?

Leonard will NEVER get his $50,000 dollars back whether he revokes the bond himself or not. What he would be released from is the $450,000 in collateral/promissory note that made up the rest of the bond. Technically the bond was revoked when she was arrested on new charges and it would be up to him at this point if he wanted to continue and/or re-post her bond or not.

WoW...50 g's down the drain. How do Bondsmen make money? I always thought they get there money back when the person shows up for court? I guess we learn something new everyday :)

WoW...50 g's down the drain. How do Bondsmen make money? I always thought they get there money back when the person shows up for court? I guess we learn something new everyday :)
Leonard is a bounty hunter not a bondsman. He put up $50,000 to the bondsman, who happens to be his nephew, Tony. Tony put up surety for $500,000 which Tony would forfeit to the court if Casey were to run and he could not get here back in the set time limit. I am not sure what, if anything was paid to the Florida bonds company, but if something was paid to them, that money would also be gone (cost of doing business). Tony cannot legally give his uncle Leonard back the $50,000, Leonard is out $50,000. This is how a bondsman makes his/her money, they get to keep the 10% (in this case) of the bond amount for providing the service of providing the court with the full bond amount.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back