Try to have some compassion

Gram2

Former Member
Reaction score
Try to have some compassion for Cindy & George. I'm going to bare my soul here. I have a 39 year old son who lies constantly, is a scammer, a drug addict and an alcoholic, and God knows what else. For years I believed everything he said and defended him. Finally one day I woke up. I severed contact with him a few years ago, but I still worry about him. He's on his third marriage and I've never seen his most recent child. As far as I know, he wouldn't physically hurt his kids, thank God. I don't know how he turned out that way. His sister is the complete opposite and they were raised the same way. It boggles my mind, and hurts my heart. I even moved out of Florida to another state and he has no idea. So, please, don't judge Cindy and George too harshly. They are hurting now, too. They want Caylee back as much as anyone, probably more than anyone.

Try to have some compassion for Cindy & George. I'm going to bare my soul here. I have a 39 year old son who lies constantly, is a scammer, a drug addict and an alcoholic, and God knows what else. For years I believed everything he said and defended him. Finally one day I woke up. I severed contact with him a few years ago, but I still worry about him. He's on his third marriage and I've never seen his most recent child. As far as I know, he wouldn't physically hurt his kids, thank God. I don't know how he turned out that way. His sister is the complete opposite and they were raised the same way. It boggles my mind, and hurts my heart. I even moved out of Florida to another state and he has no idea. So, please, don't judge Cindy and George too harshly. They are hurting now, too. They want Caylee back as much as anyone, probably more than anyone.

Thank you and I couldn't agree more with you!

I think everybody would have compassion for George and Cindy if they would have told the truth from day one, and not lied, and lied about everything. JMO

Maybe they didn't lie, maybe they believed everything they said and are still saying.

Dear Gram2,
First, welcome to Websleuths. Your post is a very powerful one. I am sorry you have this pain in your life. Your experience and willingness to share it helps us understand what the Anthony's are truly going through.

It is frustration that I think many people are feeling. It is so obvious what Casey is all about we would like to think that if, God Forbid, this was our child we would see through the lies and all the other drama that Casey causes.

Yet, you remind us that it is not as easy as we think it is. I can only imagine how most of us would really react in a situation like this.

Chances are we would react in ways similar to the Anthony's.

Gran I am sorry you have been through that with your son. Must be pretty painful for you.
I have plenty of compassion for the Anthony's. My heart goes out to them. I canot imagine dealing with something of this magnitude. Then on top of it to have people trash talking me online! What misery they must be in.

Gram, so sorry to hear what you have been through. I consider myself a very open and forgiving person.

I have felt so much pain and anguish for George, Cindy and Lee over these past weeks.

However, even my old soft heart has started to question them. Right now, they are their own worst enemy...they need to stop talking to the media. I do believe that they are in denial b/c their heart can't accept what their mind must know.

Again, thankfully, I can't imagine their pain, but they are making it hard for me to contine to feel for them. I will try to maintain compassion, but I just don't understand.

Their granddaughter, who they clearly adore, is missing and their daughter has done nothing but lie and lie and lie....yet they still defend her.

I understand that they might not want to publicly come out against Casey, but dang...just stop talking!

Okay, I will stop rambling...

I am sorry for the loss of your son, but that is what drugs/alcohol do to a previously normal person.

I don't believe after reading all the documents that Casey was ever a normal person. I believe her parents not only covered up and enabled her all these years, but paid her out of all of her prior financial scammings. They have heavily contributed to her demise. When a family not only denies the truth, but covers up and lies for the child, they create an evil which will eventually destroy everyone around it.

The purpose of EVIL is to kill and destroy.........

Lets look at this from a different perspective..........

The parents cover up - each time the evil becomes deeper, the child believes they are entitled to what they steal, the parents cover up more - the child presses the envelope harder - the parents cover up, buy out - the evil grows - the child becomes totally anti-social- the parents cover up and withdraw from anyone the child can hurt.

The child becomes an adult and has a child - the parents try to protect the baby- the evil one becomes more angry and jealous of the baby - the parents give in to the adult child just to get them to go away and let them take care of the baby and because they are afraid for that baby - the adult child steals, lies, cheats, becomes more promiscuous to hurt the parents - the parents cover up and pay the consequences for the adult child.

Nothing works for the evil adult child - the parents are going to always put the baby first - The evil adult child kills the baby, the parents can't fix this one. The adult evil one, sits in deep satisfaction she has FINALLY WON.

I posted this on another thread - before i saw this thread...sorry.

my heart goes out to you Gram.

My baby sister is a meth addict-- when she first got on meth she left her 3 babies .
We spent months chasing her, and trying to convince her to get help...

I remember once almost catching her at a motel , she found out my mom and i were coming and she left.. the lady managing the motel told us, "she just checked out in a hurry"-- when my mom said, "well heres my number please call me if she comes back, she has some serious problems , left her kids..etc. more info than mom shouldve gave-- and the manager lady said, "well, i can tell by looking at her , shes just a loser, trash.

My mom and I both said , "NOW , Hey!
Although, mom had been dissing her and I , too, had said things to my mom about her we couldnt let SOMONE else diss her, despite knowing what she had done was wrong.

I do feel sympathy for the Anthonys .. CIndy has age so much in last few weeks.....I wonder where George is? So sad.

I completely agree with the OP....I just watched a video clip of some protestor's and Cindy going at it. I also watched the video of George's confrontation with the 2 guys on his lawn, apparently violating his no trespassing signs. It is my personal opinion that Caylee is dead and that her mother killed her. I feel for G & C, my heart hurts for them so much. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. I know some have the belief that one or both of them were/are involved somehow, even if just in the coverup afterwards. I do not believe this at all. I believe they are holding up as best they can under the circumstances. Also I saw JB's response to Casey being arrested and I happen to agree with him about the circumstances of her arrest (going on during the protest). And what he said is true - they knew of these accusations for quite some time. Of course I don't have ALL the facts....but it sure did seem like an awkward time for them to arrest her, JMO!

George and Cindy, if you are reading this, please know that NOT everyone who is following this case has any animosity towards you. Most of us, our hearts go out to you and your whole family, regardless of our personal feelings about your daughter Casey. I hope and pray that I'm so very wrong, and that your granddaughter is alive and well and will be returned to your arms soon. I would be overjoyed at that. Sadly though, based on the evidence I have seen thus far, I do not believe that is a possibility now. I believe you both are in denial (understandably so) and I pray you both stay strong and know that whatever the outcome of this situation is, there are folks out here who genuinely care for your family and have grown to love Caylee.

I don't post here much, but I lurk daily and post when I feel the need. After seeing the video on the media tonight, I was just disgusted - disgusted with people who see fit to "protest" in front of someone's home. These are HUMAN BEINGS....yes, even Casey Anthony. Maybe she IS a "baby killer" but for goodness sakes, have a little, just a teeny tiny bit of humanity. Don't stoop to her level please folks.

I completely agree with the OP....I just watched a video clip of some protestor's and Cindy going at it. I also watched the video of George's confrontation with the 2 guys on his lawn, apparently violating his no trespassing signs. It is my personal opinion that Caylee is dead and that her mother killed her. I feel for G & C, my heart hurts for them so much. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. I know some have the belief that one or both of them were/are involved somehow, even if just in the coverup afterwards. I do not believe this at all. I believe they are holding up as best they can under the circumstances. Also I saw JB's response to Casey being arrested and I happen to agree with him about the circumstances of her arrest (going on during the protest). And what he said is true - they knew of these accusations for quite some time. Of course I don't have ALL the facts....but it sure did seem like an awkward time for them to arrest her, JMO!

George and Cindy, if you are reading this, please know that NOT everyone who is following this case has any animosity towards you. Most of us, our hearts go out to you and your whole family, regardless of our personal feelings about your daughter Casey. I hope and pray that I'm so very wrong, and that your granddaughter is alive and well and will be returned to your arms soon. I would be overjoyed at that. Sadly though, based on the evidence I have seen thus far, I do not believe that is a possibility now. I believe you both are in denial (understandably so) and I pray you both stay strong and know that whatever the outcome of this situation is, there are folks out here who genuinely care for your family and have grown to love Caylee.

I don't post here much, but I lurk daily and post when I feel the need. After seeing the video on the media tonight, I was just disgusted - disgusted with people who see fit to "protest" in front of someone's home. These are HUMAN BEINGS....yes, even Casey Anthony. Maybe she IS a "baby killer" but for goodness sakes, have a little, just a teeny tiny bit of humanity. Don't stoop to her level please folks.
Well said and I agree.

Dear Gram2,
First, welcome to Websleuths. Your post is a very powerful one. I am sorry you have this pain in your life. Your experience and willingness to share it helps us understand what the Anthony's are truly going through.

It is frustration that I think many people are feeling. It is so obvious what Casey is all about we would like to think that if, God Forbid, this was our child we would see through the lies and all the other drama that Casey causes.

Yet, you remind us that it is not as easy as we think it is. I can only imagine how most of us would really react in a situation like this.

I am not strong enough --- i would, literally, lose my mind and want to die --biting at ropes of my straight jacket .

My 19 yr old son IS MY LIFE! Thank God he is a great kid and never been in kind of legal trouble but whoa ,ive thought about him being into something as terrible as this situation and its just "too big" I can't even comprehend just not loving him and giving up on him. Couldnt do it.

I am not strong enough --- i would, literally, lose my mind and want to die --biting at ropes of my straight jacket .

My 19 yr old son IS MY LIFE! Thank God he is a great kid and never been in kind of legal trouble but whoa ,ive thought about him being into something as terrible as this situation and its just "too big" I can't even comprehend just not loving him and giving up on him. Couldnt do it.

Annie, I hear everything you are saying. And I am not fortunate enough to have children of my own, but I am just curious, what would you do, how would you react if you were faced with evidence that your son harmed a family member?

Know that I am not trying to incite anything...I am trying to work through this in my own mind, if this were my brother or sister, and just soliciting your opinion...

I feel that George and Cindy are acting the way they should....How are WE to judge how they should conduct themselves in such a horrible circumstance??? If this were me, I would be spouting off at the mouth....the craziest stuff that you have ever heard, and I GUARANTEE that. WHO wants to believe that their DAUGHTER is the cause of their GRANDDAUGHTER'S death??? Seriously?! I, in no way hold anything that they say against them. They are in horrible pain right now. They pretty much know that Caylee is gone and they are trying to wrap their fingers around the notion that their daughter....their own flesh and blood, was the cause. I agree. Have some compassion. Yes, I did get a chuckle out of George's "Little dude" rant, but to me, that was more a much needed release. I have experienced a great loss in my family as well, these past few weeks....I have never been anything BUT compassionate for them. Looking ahead....(my daughter is 3 now) if I were in their shoes in 19 years.....I have no CLUE how I would conduct myself.....But I do know that it would suck hard core to have my grief plastered all over the news....I feel for George and Cindy. I really do.

Thank you all for your kind replies. I just wanted to give a parent's viewpoint. Sometimes we're victims of our children, whether we realize it or not.

Anniegirl, I didn't say that I don't love my son. I do love him, but I don't like him very much.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back