1178 users online (229 members and 949 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Zodiac Killer...maybe?

It would be incredible if this case was to be solved at this late date.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,414022,00.html

The Zodiac killer kept the country on edge for five years in the late 1960s and early 1970s before his series of murders in Northern California's Bay Area stopped abruptly. The killer was never found, though plenty have speculated on his identity.

Full disclosure: I also post at the zodiackiller.com message board.

There is a lot of compelling evidence there, if it is true. Unfortunately Kaufman has been around for years, is aggressive, self-contradictory and mercenary, offering to sell Zodiac artefacts to researchers rather than handing them in to investigators.

You also have to wonder why Kaufman is allowed to handle these items of "evidence" if that is truly what they are, rather than something that he has fabricated.

I find Tarrance a plausible suspect - but I don't find Kaufman a plausible investigator. If the evidence came from someone else I would be on the cusp of believing that the case had been solved, subject to DNA - but Kaufman's attitude makes me think that he is an egotistical attention seeker with no regard for others.

So if Tarrance is the killer, it's a case of "like father, like stepson."

More than one "Zodiac"?

There is a thread in Cold Cases about the Zodiac case that goes back a few years.

I have always felt that there may have been more than one serial killer responsible for the murders generally credited to Zodiac. And I think that the guy who wrote the Zodiac letters may have taken credit for killings that he did not commit, just to boost his standing with the police and public.

It is not likely that these killers worked together, but rather that there were several around in the San Francisco area and other places in California and Nevada and that some how they were linked through similarities or coincidence. Or through Zodiac (the writer) claiming to have committed the crimes.

Four Strikes and You're Out - I Hope...

Years ago, Dennis Kaufman offered to sell a piece of Paul Stine's bloody shirt for $50,000 (Stine was a cabbie killed by Zodiac and Z used to include swatches of the shirt in his letters for verification). Yet there is no mention of this shirt being given to the FBI for testing. (Strike one)

Dennis claims that the FBI tested Jack Tarrance's DNA in 2000 and determined that he was the Zodiac. If that was true, then why are they doing this new round of testing? - They already "have their man". (Strike two)

Dennis allegedly wrote a book and sold copies on his website. I say allegedly because few if any ever actually received his book. When challenged as to the book's existence, Dennis posted a photo of a mock-up of the book - a shoddily printed cover wrapped loosely around a stack of papers that was supposed to prove that he actually had a book. When he was again challenged, he "withdrew" the book from sale. (Strike three)

And now, Dennis just happened to find Zodiac's hood and a bloody knife hidden in Jack's old stuff. Of course, by pure coincidence, Dennis has just completed a "documentary" about Jack this week which I am sure will be available for a fee at his website. (Strike four)

This guy is a huckster and a loser. I cannot believe that the media is giving this clown the credibility that it is. Five minutes of googling would have saved them from looking stupid, but I guess a "good story" and a "true story" are not the same thing.
    Order the book "Searching For Anna" directly from [URL="http://www.lulu.com/conte

I think Richard Giakowski is a far more compelling suspect at the moment.
    Youd have to go to the Zodiac Board to read about him.

Zodiac IS alive and will soon be caught.

Jenner Beach, CA Homicides -- 2004

Gareth S Penn lived near Jenner Beach then.

Gareth S Penn told me last year in a phone call that his mother would talk to spirits of the dead with a Ouija board.

At Jenner Beach were found several pieces of driftwood with
    Devil/Evil faces drawn on them, both victims shot in the head.

In early 2005 Penn moved to Seattle, WA where his son owns a
    restaurant.

Summer 2006 two women Cooper/Stodden were murdered in a park near Seattle -- both shot in the head.

Christopher J Farmer of Opord Analytical, an intelligence company, solved the Zodiac ciphers/riddles in 2007. They point to Penn as Zodiac.

Mr. Farmer has also solved a cipher for the CIA and America's
    Most Wanted.

Penn fits the profile of Zodiac -- he knows ciphers, binary code, map reading, and was in Army Artillery. He also is interested in the theatre and other things Zodiac wrote of in his letters. Penn is proficient with weapons. Penn lived in locations near all the Zodiac killings, just like Jenner Beach.

On the Zodiac's Halloween Card there was a symbol used by
    Zodiac which is also used by Army Artillery, as I said, Penn was in Army Artillery.

Zodiac wrote: If you figure out these ciphers you will know who I am and you will have me.

Quote Originally Posted by kline View Post
    I think Richard Giakowski is a far more compelling suspect at the moment.
    Youd have to go to the Zodiac Board to read about him.
    Yeah, I would, wouldn't I. And when I did go there to register they asked me for money. I rather stick to my own theories then pay money to read about someone elses. ONLY web forum I have ever come across that demand I pay them to join!

Isn't there a thread about this already? I remember seeing photos from the roll of film that was found. They were definitely creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by mayfairlight View Post
    Yeah, I would, wouldn't I. And when I did go there to register they asked me for money. I rather stick to my own theories then pay money to read about someone elses. ONLY web forum I have ever come across that demand I pay them to join!
    Why pay,when you can go to these 2 great Zodiac sites...for free?

http://zodiaczee.freeforums.org/index.php

&

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/index.php
    Follow me on Twitter @TrueCrimeGuy or via my sites
    http://www.zodiackillersite.com/
    & TrueCrimeGuy.com

Quote Originally Posted by morf13 View Post
    Why pay,when you can go to these 2 great Zodiac sites...for free?

http://zodiaczee.freeforums.org/index.php

&

http://www.zodiackillerfacts.com/forum/index.php
    Thank you for the links!

just a link from today...

Quote Originally Posted by mayfairlight View Post
    Thank you for the links!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=48821

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

Bumping due to recent interest in Zodiac on this board. There are several different threads on the subject.

...indicating that maybe the Zodiac should have a forum to consolidate all the different threads. Mods?

Featured case?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel View Post
    ...indicating that maybe the Zodiac should have a forum to consolidate all the different threads. Mods?
    I concur with your recommendation. There are several different threads in Cold Cases which discuss Zodiac. Perhaps they could all be brought together as threads in a featured topic case.

I agree it would be nice to have a subforum or some way to combine the threads together.

I had to search to find this one. Today Show is doing a feature on Zodiac this am so I came looking for it. lol

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast