1141 users online (269 members and 872 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,742

    custody of caylee

    I just have a quick question...In the even that Caylee is found to be alive,

    (very doutful in my opinion) Does anyone really think that the state of

    Florida would return her to her grandparents with custody to them,

    I feel that with all that has went on in this case to date that there is

    no way that anyone in the Anthony family would retain physical custody

    of her...What do you all think?
    JMHO
    Kimmer



    "A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I just have a quick question...In the even that Caylee is found to be alive,

    (very doutful in my opinion) Does anyone really think that the state of

    Florida would return her to her grandparents with custody to them,

    I feel that with all that has went on in this case to date that there is

    no way that anyone in the Anthony family would retain physical custody

    of her...What do you all think?
    I think that is the scariest thing I ever heard!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    332
    Florida is notorious for mishandling child welfare cases. I lived there for thirty years and have read several times of children being mistreated and dying because the state messed up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,057
    Quote Originally Posted by Gram2 View Post
    Florida is notorious for mishandling child welfare cases. I lived there for thirty years and have read several times of children being mistreated and dying because the state messed up.
    Happens everywhere I think. We have had a couple of doozies. Not enough employees, too many kids, whacked guidelines? rules? Too many people into fostering for the money.

    Would the Anthony's get custody? I doubt it. Don't no for sure though.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    600
    They would give the child back to the GP's. By the looks of that home those people really loved her. She had her little playhouse, sandbox and a ton of cool toys. Those GP's adored that baby. They didn't do anything to this child but love her!!! I really think before all this mess they were just normal people with a selfish, inconsiderate daughter who was in control of their lives. Caylee was Casey's puppet to dangle in their faces if she didn't get her way. Their biggest fear was Casey ever taking off with Caylee and now we all know why.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    If she does turn up alive, then it would vindicate G&C and their beliefs that she wasn't dead. Overall, I think G&C would be able to get custody of her... they are in no way shape or form considered suspects or persons of interest in Caylee's disappearance, and LE does not have any legal issues against G&C.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I just have a quick question...In the even that Caylee is found to be alive,

    (very doutful in my opinion) Does anyone really think that the state of

    Florida would return her to her grandparents with custody to them,

    I feel that with all that has went on in this case to date that there is

    no way that anyone in the Anthony family would retain physical custody

    of her...What do you all think?
    Why wouldn't they ? There's no indication that the GP's were ever abusive to Caylee.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICANA View Post
    Why wouldn't they ? There's no indication that the GP's were ever abusive to Caylee.
    I agree. They seemed to love her very much.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I just have a quick question...In the even that Caylee is found to be alive,

    (very doutful in my opinion) Does anyone really think that the state of

    Florida would return her to her grandparents with custody to them,

    I feel that with all that has went on in this case to date that there is

    no way that anyone in the Anthony family would retain physical custody

    of her...What do you all think?
    I think Cindy and george would get her with no problem.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Caylee would be in any danger with George and Cindy. Interesting thought though - if Caylee was returned alive, it would show that Casey did not harm her. I'm not sure that Casey would lose permanent custody if that were the case.

    From all appearances, Caylee had a good life and was well loved by her grandparents. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to be back with them if it were possible.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    1,742
    Well think about this according to several statements made by the family they know who has caylee and they have also stated that they feel she could be in danger of being harmed. Then last night Jose Baez stated that Casey knows where Caylee is at but yet they refuse to tell LE any of this information (weather it is true info or not) and for that reason if it is true and she is found to be alive I feel that her family has put her life in jeopardy and if that is not a good enough reason for the state to not let any of them have her back I dont know what is..And also let me state I truly believe that Cindy, George and Lee love this young angel much more than her own mother but at some point the childs intrest have to be placed above the intrest of the mothers defense and at this point I have yet to see any of Caylee's family member do that.
    JMHO
    Kimmer



    "A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    Well think about this according to several statements made by the family they know who has caylee and they have also stated that they feel she could be in danger of being harmed. Then last night Jose Baez stated that Casey knows where Caylee is at but yet they refuse to tell LE any of this information (weather it is true info or not) and for that reason if it is true and she is found to be alive I feel that her family has put her life in jeopardy and if that is not a good enough reason for the state to not let any of them have her back I dont know what is..And also let me state I truly believe that Cindy, George and Lee love this young angel much more than her own mother but at some point the childs intrest have to be placed above the intrest of the mothers defense and at this point I have yet to see any of Caylee's family member do that.
    Although CPS breaks the law every day, according to statutes a child should only be removed from the home if there is risk of serious physical harm. Depending on who she was with, that might apply to Casey but not to the GP's. If the court ordered I think the Anthony's would make Casey stay away from Caylee in order to keep her.
    Then again, if she's alive and someone did take off with her, what is Casey guilty of.
    If this child were to return and be kept from her family, it would destroy them.
    And Florida doesn't have a very good track record for keeping it's foster children safe. She couldn't be adopted immediately. She'd go to foster care and they would have to work with the family on reunification. That means at least a year in the foster care system. Having visits with her family and having to go back to the foster home. That doesn't sound like it would be in her best interests to me. Going home to her GM who will no doubt guard her with her life after this and where she's spent the last 3 years of her life would be a lot less traumatic.
    If Caylee were to come home after this, I don't think you'd ever find a child more protected or cherished.
    I also think the emotional outbursts are situational and would cease if Caylee came home.

  13. #13
    belleyes is offline LOOK I learned how to type a user title.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by technicalconfusion View Post
    Happens everywhere I think. We have had a couple of doozies. Not enough employees, too many kids, whacked guidelines? rules? Too many people into fostering for the money.

    Would the Anthony's get custody? I doubt it. Don't no for sure though.
    I am a foster parent but not in florida, and let me tell you its not for the money.That is a huge misconception.We recieve $20.00/day per child ( this is the total to feed, clothe, shelter, entertain, school activities, extra curriculars and supervise ...oh yeah and .80 /day for diapers if they are still in diapers.) You do the math not a very lucrative career. I know some people missuse the money but 99% dont.

    Most of us do it because we want to stop the cycle of violence and abuse and show love to a child who may never have experienced that.

    * I am in no way saying there are not bad foster homes b/c there are and I too believe "the system" is very broken.
    princess - daughter of The King

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    3,268
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzlinDebSD View Post
    They would give the child back to the GP's. By the looks of that home those people really loved her. She had her little playhouse, sandbox and a ton of cool toys. Those GP's adored that baby. They didn't do anything to this child but love her!!! I really think before all this mess they were just normal people with a selfish, inconsiderate daughter who was in control of their lives. Caylee was Casey's puppet to dangle in their faces if she didn't get her way. Their biggest fear was Casey ever taking off with Caylee and now we all know why.
    I agree BUT I would hope in any case like this, the state would INSIST on the family going to family counseling to deal with the horror of what they'd all been through to insure the child's well being.

    And maybe some special support to help them get back to normal.... according to what would suit THEIR needs.

    As far as the stories about the 'danger'... they'd simply explain that were going along w/ Casey's fantasies to placate her & they realize there never was any danger.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,034
    Of course the grandparents would get Caylee.
    "Life's splendor forever lies in wait about each one of us in all its fullness, but veiled from view, deep down, invisible, far off. It is there, though, not hostile, not reluctant, not deaf. If you summon it by the right word, by its right name, it will come."
    - Kafka
    "Know the right moment."

    What I type here is mostly my opinion.
    I really don't care if my opinions offend.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Why didn't Cindy file for custody of Caylee? Could Cindy have saved her?
    By Irish_Eyes in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 04:06 AM
  2. Support Caylee: Porch lights on for Caylee Marie Anthony
    By mrsu in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 04:51 AM

Tags for this Thread