no way that anyone in the Anthony family would retain physical custody

of her...What do you all think?

I just have a quick question...In the even that Caylee is found to be alive,

(very doutful in my opinion) Does anyone really think that the state of

Florida would return her to her grandparents with custody to them,

I feel that with all that has went on in this case to date that there is

I think that is the scariest thing I ever heard!!

Florida is notorious for mishandling child welfare cases. I lived there for thirty years and have read several times of children being mistreated and dying because the state messed up.

Florida is notorious for mishandling child welfare cases. I lived there for thirty years and have read several times of children being mistreated and dying because the state messed up.

Happens everywhere I think. We have had a couple of doozies. Not enough employees, too many kids, whacked guidelines? rules? Too many people into fostering for the money.

Would the Anthony's get custody? I doubt it. Don't no for sure though.

They would give the child back to the GP's. By the looks of that home those people really loved her. She had her little playhouse, sandbox and a ton of cool toys. Those GP's adored that baby. They didn't do anything to this child but love her!!! I really think before all this mess they were just normal people with a selfish, inconsiderate daughter who was in control of their lives. Caylee was Casey's puppet to dangle in their faces if she didn't get her way. Their biggest fear was Casey ever taking off with Caylee and now we all know why.

If she does turn up alive, then it would vindicate G&C and their beliefs that she wasn't dead. Overall, I think G&C would be able to get custody of her... they are in no way shape or form considered suspects or persons of interest in Caylee's disappearance, and LE does not have any legal issues against G&C.

Why wouldn't they ? There's no indication that the GP's were ever abusive to Caylee.

I think Cindy and george would get her with no problem.

There is absolutely nothing to indicate that Caylee would be in any danger with George and Cindy. Interesting thought though - if Caylee was returned alive, it would show that Casey did not harm her. I'm not sure that Casey would lose permanent custody if that were the case.

From all appearances, Caylee had a good life and was well loved by her grandparents. I'm sure she'd be thrilled to be back with them if it were possible.

Well think about this according to several statements made by the family they know who has caylee and they have also stated that they feel she could be in danger of being harmed. Then last night Jose Baez stated that Casey knows where Caylee is at but yet they refuse to tell LE any of this information (weather it is true info or not) and for that reason if it is true and she is found to be alive I feel that her family has put her life in jeopardy and if that is not a good enough reason for the state to not let any of them have her back I dont know what is..And also let me state I truly believe that Cindy, George and Lee love this young angel much more than her own mother but at some point the childs intrest have to be placed above the intrest of the mothers defense and at this point I have yet to see any of Caylee's family member do that.

Well think about this according to several statements made by the family they know who has caylee and they have also stated that they feel she could be in danger of being harmed. Then last night Jose Baez stated that Casey knows where Caylee is at but yet they refuse to tell LE any of this information (weather it is true info or not) and for that reason if it is true and she is found to be alive I feel that her family has put her life in jeopardy and if that is not a good enough reason for the state to not let any of them have her back I dont know what is..And also let me state I truly believe that Cindy, George and Lee love this young angel much more than her own mother but at some point the childs intrest have to be placed above the intrest of the mothers defense and at this point I have yet to see any of Caylee's family member do that.

Although CPS breaks the law every day, according to statutes a child should only be removed from the home if there is risk of serious physical harm. Depending on who she was with, that might apply to Casey but not to the GP's. If the court ordered I think the Anthony's would make Casey stay away from Caylee in order to keep her.
Then again, if she's alive and someone did take off with her, what is Casey guilty of.
If this child were to return and be kept from her family, it would destroy them.
And Florida doesn't have a very good track record for keeping it's foster children safe. She couldn't be adopted immediately. She'd go to foster care and they would have to work with the family on reunification. That means at least a year in the foster care system. Having visits with her family and having to go back to the foster home. That doesn't sound like it would be in her best interests to me. Going home to her GM who will no doubt guard her with her life after this and where she's spent the last 3 years of her life would be a lot less traumatic.
If Caylee were to come home after this, I don't think you'd ever find a child more protected or cherished.
I also think the emotional outbursts are situational and would cease if Caylee came home.

Happens everywhere I think. We have had a couple of doozies. Not enough employees, too many kids, whacked guidelines? rules? Too many people into fostering for the money.

Would the Anthony's get custody? I doubt it. Don't no for sure though.

I am a foster parent but not in florida, and let me tell you its not for the money.That is a huge misconception.We recieve $20.00/day per child ( this is the total to feed, clothe, shelter, entertain, school activities, extra curriculars and supervise ...oh yeah and .80 /day for diapers if they are still in diapers.) You do the math not a very lucrative career. I know some people missuse the money but 99% dont.

Most of us do it because we want to stop the cycle of violence and abuse and show love to a child who may never have experienced that.

* I am in no way saying there are not bad foster homes b/c there are and I too believe "the system" is very broken.

They would give the child back to the GP's. By the looks of that home those people really loved her. She had her little playhouse, sandbox and a ton of cool toys. Those GP's adored that baby. They didn't do anything to this child but love her!!! I really think before all this mess they were just normal people with a selfish, inconsiderate daughter who was in control of their lives. Caylee was Casey's puppet to dangle in their faces if she didn't get her way. Their biggest fear was Casey ever taking off with Caylee and now we all know why.

I agree BUT I would hope in any case like this, the state would INSIST on the family going to family counseling to deal with the horror of what they'd all been through to insure the child's well being.

And maybe some special support to help them get back to normal.... according to what would suit THEIR needs.

As far as the stories about the 'danger'... they'd simply explain that were going along w/ Casey's fantasies to placate her & they realize there never was any danger.

As I was reading your post, I remembered something Cindy said to a reporter or maybe it was Greta or Nancy. Cindy was asked, "Has Casey told you where Caylee is?" And Cindy's answer was, "Yes..... in her own way." To this day I wonder WTH did that mean?

I am a foster parent but not in florida, and let me tell you its not for the money.That is a huge misconception.We recieve $20.00/day per child ( this is the total to feed, clothe, shelter, entertain, school activities, extra curriculars and supervise ...oh yeah and .80 /day for diapers if they are still in diapers.) You do the math not a very lucrative career. I know some people missuse the money but 99% dont.

Most of us do it because we want to stop the cycle of violence and abuse and show love to a child who may never have experienced that.

* I am in no way saying there are not bad foster homes b/c there are and I too believe "the system" is very broken.

I am a licensed foster parent in Florida and I agree...we are not in it for the money. I don't have any children with me at the moment because it is very emotional at times. I needed a break (well, my husband did too). We received $13-14/day for a 18 month old little girl - with no clothes that were worth a darn (they all had to be replaced) and she was still in diapers. We did not get the $50 clothing voucher because she came with clothes - granted they stunk to high heaven and were too small or way too big for her. She suffered severe neglect with her parents. She couldn't walk, talk, show any emotion (except crying), or even know how to begin to feed herself. In fact, at 18 months old she had never had a bath. It was very sad, but with our help she turned around very quickly. She became such a delightful child to be around - no crying - she was walking, laughing, dancing, babbling - you name it. Not to mention, she looked like the spitting image of Caylee. It was very painful for us to have to return her to them. If we were in it for the money, we went wrong somewhere because we lost money on that one, but then again we spoiled her rotten. But just the chance to help her grow was worth every penny that we spent out of pocket and then some.

However, if Caylee were to be alive, I do not think that the State would return her to her GP's until they underwent a screening. With everything that they have gone through, I'm sure they would require some kind of mental health screening as would the child. I do believe that she would ultimately end up with her GP's because they obviously love Caylee very much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back