Jose Baez new conference admission

Kimmer

Reaction score
for those who havent seen the new conference Jose held outside of the Anthony home last night after Caseys arrest he has now stated that Casey knows where Caylee is..So if she knows who has her and where she is why the heck are they not going to get her, makes absolutly no sense.
http://www.wesh.com/news/17340491/detail.html#

Maybe she knows "where" she is as in her body? Just guessing.....

that very well could be but they are talking out of both sides of there mouth, saying they know she is still alive, and then stating they know where she is. Its not like when this dies down they can go retreive her remains and bury her with dignity and no one will find out.

This has been gone back and forth on the entire duration of this case! She knows shere she is, she doesn't, she knows who has caylee, then she doesn't. Caylee is safe, then caylee is in danger...

The Padilla family got her out because everyone said she has information that would lead them to caylee. It was all a lie and a ruse, so now does Baez think he can throw out that card again and we'll all just believe it? jeez.

for those who havent seen the new conference Jose held outside of the Anthony home last night after Caseys arrest he has now stated that Casey knows where Caylee is..So if she knows who has her and where she is why the heck are they not going to get her, makes absolutly no sense.
http://www.wesh.com/news/17340491/detail.html#

"You're also assuming she does not know where Caylee is. There are facts . . ."

I had to listen to that whole rambling, unfocused monologue to get to this quote at the end.:eek: He doesn't exactly say she knows, though.

I understand Baez's frustration and I agree that the cops did this for their own reasons. On such small charges it would be normal for the client to surrender with her attorney. It is certainly reasonable to see why a defense attorney would be angry...

BUT....

for GOD's SAKE if Baez has info about Caylee's whereabouts then he should tell the cops UNLESS she is not alive.

Baez's first priority is his client. He has also stated his priority is finding Cayleee.

The only reason he would not pass along information is to protect is true first priority, his client because the info would be detrimental to her freedom.

This nonsense has got to stop. This is beyond a circus.

If Baez and his client had cooperaterd then the public arrest would be a moot point. T

Tricia, somewhere in my sleuthing tonight, I thought I read something about the fact that LE gave him a chance to surrender her, and the deadline came and they could tell that they hadn't left the house, that's when they came to arrest her. This was in print, and not a video. Maybe the reporter or whoever wrote it got it wrong. I will try to locate where I saw that.

I say hog wash to this attorney client privilege - what a big game!!! If you are indeed guilty of a crime as horrendous as something like this there should be no attorney client privilege - JMO.

I say hog wash to this attorney client privilege - what a big game!!! If you are indeed guilty of a crime as horrendous as something like this there should be no attorney client privilege - JMO.

Isn't client/attorney privileged waived if the attorney knows information that could effect the safety of someone else in a crime that has not been committed yet?

IF Caylee is alive, and Casey has this info and shared it with Baez would he have either the option or obligation to divulge her location since it would only be common sense to believe Caylee is in danger and is likely to be the victim of other crimes?

There is no live child to bring home. If there was he would have answered the prosecuters office about the contents of said statement he wanted immunity for and counter offered their response with "my client can provide information leading to the safe recovery of Caylee and will cooperate with the prosecution of said individuals holding her". Nothing about their behavior says there is a live child out there and they both know it.

Isn't client/attorney privileged waived if the attorney knows information that could effect the safety of someone else in a crime that has not been committed yet?

IF Caylee is alive, and Casey has this info and shared it with Baez would he have either the option or obligation to divulge her location since it would only be common sense to believe Caylee is in danger and is likely to be the victim of other crimes?

There is no live child to bring home. If there was he would have answered the prosecuters office about the contents of said statement he wanted immunity for and counter offered their response with "my client can provide information leading to the safe recovery of Caylee and will cooperate with the prosecution of said individuals holding her". Nothing about their behavior says there is a live child out there and they both know it.

If you are correct, then it is obvious that Caylee isn't still alive and HE KNOWS IT!

Jose is turning into Mark Geragos. If the focus is only finding Caylee, which it should be, then why did we need the speech about what the cops are doing?

If Casey knows where Caylee is and Casey fears that Caylee is in danger or her family is in danger if she says anything, then why does she speak at all? If she's telling her attorney things and if she has tried to tell the police things but they haven't listened to what she's (supposedly) trying to tell them, which is what Casey and Cindy claim, then I think there are ways of handling this type of problem and Caylee should have been home by now.

I feel that we will know the truth soon, with or without Casey telling it.

I heard this and find it more than disturbing. IMO Casey is telling stories, again! Nothing would make me happier than for that little precious baby to be found alive. However my hopes have more than diminished at this point. Jose or Casey need to stop all of the foolishness and give it up. Or have it done anonymously!

I understand Baez's frustration and I agree that the cops did this for their own reasons. On such small charges it would be normal for the client to surrender with her attorney. It is certainly reasonable to see why a defense attorney would be angry...

BUT....

for GOD's SAKE if Baez has info about Caylee's whereabouts then he should tell the cops UNLESS she is not alive.

Baez's first priority is his client. He has also stated his priority is finding Cayleee.

The only reason he would not pass along information is to protect is true first priority, his client because the info would be detrimental to her freedom.

This nonsense has got to stop. This is beyond a circus.

If Baez and his client had cooperaterd then the public arrest would be a moot point. T

EXACTLY! I would love to know what those "compelling" reasons were that he mentioned for why Casey lied and did what she did. I guess saving your butt from jail would be pretty compelling, ya think?
If he believes Caylee is alive, and Casey knows where she is... wouldn't finding and saving a child take priority over protecting his client?? Leads me to believe that he knows Caylee is dead. Or is he as much in the dark as we are? I can't wait for this circus to be over...!

Tricia, somewhere in my sleuthing tonight, I thought I read something about the fact that LE gave him a chance to surrender her, and the deadline came and they could tell that they hadn't left the house, that's when they came to arrest her. This was in print, and not a video. Maybe the reporter or whoever wrote it got it wrong. I will try to locate where I saw that.

Interesting... makes sense. He offered to surrender her himself... so why was he not at the house when they came to arrest her? He's making a big deal out of them grandstanding, but he should have been at her side when they showed up... he got there within just a few minutes.
My thinking is that LE had a dual purpose for how they handled it. One reason was the security issue, with the protestors, and the threats. The other was simply because she is high risk for either a suicide attempt or flight from prosecution. JMO.

(snip)

I clicked the link than closed the page as soon as it opened LOL just couldn't bear to hear/see him again.

The contradictions coming from Baez and the Anthonys is too much. They blame the media for negative press yet their right out there doing a two-step dance which draws further negative attention.

And someone please tell Baez to stop saying ridiculous. He sounds so friggin ridiculous!

OK-So Baez says that they know Caylee is alive and they know where Caylee is. Great-stop wasting TES time then and call off the search, Cindy please because Tim Miller has lots of people to look for.

I assume then that there will be no more requests from the Anthony's to have people looking for Caylee-they must be pretty confident that she is in good hands since no one has gone to get her.

Now that this is all settled, everyone can go back to their regularly scheduled lives...OH RIGHT...that little thing about decomp. And that little matter of the bill OCSO will be presenting to Casey for the cost of all of this drama for the last two months...

I'm not gonna go into the whole rights and constitution thing because someone else will :D Think about it. Would she then tell her lawyer the truth? :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back