Richard

Reaction score
Pamela Dawn Tinsley
Missing since April 13, 1986 from Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: May 18, 1966
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7" (170 cm); 130 lbs (59 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light blonde hair; blue eyes. Pale complexion.
Marks, Scars: Ears are pierced.
Clothing: A two-piece turquoise bathing suit with black polka dots, white shorts, and flip-flop sandals.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Pamela, of 1200 N Kennedy in Edmond was last seen on April 13, 1986, at Lake Overholser, where she had gone with friends to relax. Tinsley had driven her Volkswagen pickup to an area on the west side of Lake Overholser known as The Flats. The area was a popular drinking spot and hangout for young people.

She was reported missing after friends said she failed to return from a motorcycle ride as a passenger with a unidentified White man she met at the lake. He was no taller than 6 feet and weighed 180 to 200 pounds. He had brown hair and maybe a brown mustache, and he seemed to be between 25 and 30 years old.

She was last reported seen about 2 p.m. after she left her purse with the girlfriend and said she was going to take a ride around the lake on the motorcycle.

Her credit cards and bank accounts were never accessed after April 13. She didn’t have her Volkswagen or her clothes. Foul play is suspected.

At the time of her disappearance she had a job delivering newspapers for The Oklahoman.
At the time, Tinsley had at least three people staying with her at the one-bedroom apartment, they did not pay rent, and she was planning to ask them to leave. A couple of weeks prior to her disappearance, police had found marijuana in Tinsley's home. Tinsley was adamant that the marijuana didn’t belong to her.

Tinsley was engaged to a military man serving out of state.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Oklahoma City Police Department
405-297-1000

Email: ocpd.coldcase@okc.gov

NCMEC #: NCMA1002385

Source Information:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Daily Oklahoman
Cold Case Oklahoma
The Doe Network: Case File 2494DFOK

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2494dfok.html

:bump: for Pamela, missing 27 years this week. :(

Snipped:

Tinsley was having personal problems at the time of her disappearance. Three other people lived with her at her one-bedroom apartment in the 1200 block of north Kennedy in Edmond, Oklahoma. All of them were unemployed and none of them paid rent, and Tinsley had decided to evict them.

uDLbt5U.jpg

Pamela Dawn Tinsley

Interesting news article from the time of Pam's disappearance:
http://newsok.com/article/2145422

Yeah, I find it interesting how transparent LE is on this topic. Typically a lot of information is not disclosed, especially this early in the case.

Still, I think 2 possibilities exists:

1) She was killed by the guy on the motorcycle.

2) She was killed by her roommates who later made the motorcycle story up.

Friends and roommates aren't always synonymous, but I got a chuckle how the investigator said: "Those witnesses wouldn't recognize him from the man on the moon." I'm thinking they were having too good of a time.
He also said there were several unsubstantiated sightings of her, so I'm wondering if she went bar hopping before she vanished.
The roommate theory may have some merit if she returned back to the apartment after her joy ride and they just said she never came back. I would hope they explored that possibility before now.

Off topic, but is it really that hot out in OK in April that you could wear a bathing suit and hang out at the lake? We still get snow in April! Heck, last year we had snow in May, but that's rare.

Yes, but it depends on the day or even time of day. We were camping last weekend in Oklahoma. In the morning it was literally freezing. We were layered up with blankets and jackets huddled by the campfire. By afternoon the kids were in the water swimming. In Oklahoma in April it could be 32 degrees one morning and 85 one afternoon in the same week. The extreme temperature variation is part of the reason for all the tornadoes.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm from New England, and though our days can also have extreme differences in temperatures this time of year, it's usually a high of 60, not 85-but I wish!
It's coming up close to 30 years since Pam disappeared. I can't explain it, but this case really gets to me. Maybe it's because we are nearly the same age, and in 1986 I would have been doing the same things, like hanging out with friends at a lake (only not in April) and going for motorcycle rides. I wouldn't have thought twice about doing those things, even stopped to consider if I were in any danger, but for the grace of God, here I still sit. Oddly, I found a Pam Tinsley on google plus who looks very similar to this Pam, but it's probably just a coincidence that they resemble each other.

I imagine this is a difficult day for her friends and family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back