Amscott, the car & the garbage dumpster revisited

Do you think some evidence, etc. was put in the Amscot dumpster?

• Yes

Votes: 348 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 134 27.8%

• Total voters

tabbykiki

Intelligent User
Reaction score
Image from maps.google.com of 7501 E Colonial Dr., Orlando, along with my arrows as per the 400 page document description, page 317

amscott.jpg

Mrs. Sanchez is the branch manager of 7051 East Colonial Drive (Amscot Financial). On June 27, 2008, at approximately 0700 hours, Mrs. Sanchez arrived at 7051 East Colonial Drive for her shift. Mrs. Sanchez observed a white Pontiac parked next to the business' dumpster, but took no action.

On June 28, 2008, at approximately 0700 hours... Mrs. Sanchez observed the white car still parked next to the dumpster. Mrs. Sanchez notified the Amscot coporate office of the white Pontiac's presence. The Amscot coporate office instructed Mrs. Sanchez to call law enforcement to ensure the white Pontiac was not stolen, and if the white Pontiac was not stolen wait one additional day and have the white Pontiac towed away. Mrs. Sanchez called Orange County Sherrff's Office... and was advised the white Pontiac was not stolen.

Mrs. Sanchez pointed out where the white car was parked. The following is a description of the area: 7501 East Colonial Drive is in a small business plaza which sits on the northeast corner of East Colonial Drive and Goldenrod Road. 7501 East Colonial Drive's lobby faces west towards Goldenrod Road. 7501 East Colonial Drive has entry doors on the west and south sides. 7051 East Colonial Drive's dumpster is fenced in and on the northwest portion of the western parking lot. There are two white striped parking spaces to the west of the dumpster. Mrs. Sanchez pointed out the parking space closest to the dumpster. This parking space is to immediate western side of the dumpster. I photographed that area. The photographs were submitted for analysis.

I have long thought Casey probably put Caylee in the dumpster. But if that were the case, she would have likely needed help as the dumpster was fenced in and (assumed) locked.

I thought I read somewhere her car was backed in. Can anyone verify that for me?

Car towed - 6/30/08
Car picked up by George & Cindy - 7/15/08

Why the long wait to pickup the car from the tow yard? Were Cindy & George on vacation? I can't remember. Even the tow person said he thought it odd the car was there for several weeks.

Mr. Birch is the facility manager of wrecker yard. Mr. Birch recalled seeing the white Pontiac inside of 7777 Narcossee Road for several weeks. There is a high turnover of cars at the lot, so Mr. Birch became curious when the white Pontiac was still there after a few weeks. Mr. Birch walked over to the white Pontiac to look the car over and immediately smelled a foul odor.

When they reached the white Pontiac, George A. used a key to unlock the white Pontiac's driver side door. When the door opened, a very foul odor came from inside of the white Pontiac. Mr. Birch immediately recognized the odor as the same odor he smelled in a car stored on the lot in which a man committed suicide inside. The man was reported to have remained deceased inside of that car for approximately five days. The smell from the white Pontiac was not as strong as the other car. Mr. Birch stated, "That's rotten." George A. did not reply.

IIRC they had to wait until they received a certified letter notifying them of the car having been towed. I'm not sure if that takes 2 weeks but I know it can take some time. Before receiving the letter, they had no idea the car had been towed and was being stored at the wrecker yard. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

IIRC they had to wait until they received a certified letter. Not sure if that takes 2 weeks but I know it can take some time. They had no idea the car had been towed and was being stored at the wrecker yard. Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

That may be the case but it is curious that:

Mr. Birch recalled seeing the white Pontiac inside of 7777 Narcossee Road for several weeks. There is a high turnover of cars at the lot, so Mr. Birch became curious when the white Pontiac was still there after a few weeks.

The delay in picking the car up was because (supposedly) the GPs didn't know where it was. They were notified by mail, after the ownership of the car was determined. That means the car was definitely in their names, or they couldn't have released it to them. I'm not sure why Cindy thought Casey had "stolen" it as she said in the very first 911 call.

I'm honestly wondering is Casey really doesn't remember what she did with Caylee now. She's told so many lies, maybe she's forgotten.

Have you read the whole transcript of the very first telephone call. When Casey is trying to get her boyfriend's number from her brother? The conversation between her and the girl friend is very telling. They were all clearly thinking that day that something was terribly, terribly wrong.

The girl tried to ask Casey about the nanny not living at the apt she reported. Casey's reply? "you think I don't know that - I've been with them all day". She was mad at the police because they didn't believe her - yet she was THERE and knew they found the apt empty.

O/T but newuser's post made me what happened to Christine? In that phone call, she seems to be a good friend of Casey's, but she sure has been flying under the radar since then.

Have you read the whole transcript of the very first telephone call. When Casey is trying to get her boyfriend's number from her brother? The conversation between her and the girl friend is very telling. They were all clearly thinking that day that something was terribly, terribly wrong.

The girl tried to ask Casey about the nanny not living at the apt she reported. Casey's reply? "you think I don't know that - I've been with them all day". She was mad at the police because they didn't believe her - yet she was THERE and knew they found the apt empty.

I actually listened to the entire 10 min. call on YouTube. I thought is was very disturbing. Lee's girlfriend said that if something happens to Caylee she'll just die. And Casey was all like, oh stop it, type of attitude. It was quite disgusting IMO.

O/T but newuser's post made me what happened to Christine? In that phone call, she seems to be a good friend of Casey's, but she sure has been flying under the radar since then.

Yea I wonder. Also, remember that gal - a family friend - that was on NG and was all supporting Casey, etc. Where the heck did she go? Or maybe they were the same person? I don't know. I guess when scary Larry came on the scene to be spokesperson they kicked the friend to the curb. I thought she did a much better job...

I actually listened to the entire 10 min. call on YouTube. I thought is was very disturbing. Lee's girlfriend said that if something happens to Caylee she'll just die. And Casey was all like, oh stop it, type of attitude. It was quite disgusting IMO.

In that call, Casey was more upset that her friends and family were frantic over missing Caylee than the fact that Casey was in jail. I agree, very disturbing behavior for a mother whose baby has been missing for a month.

IIRC i read somewhere that a couple of guys helped her push it in the parking lot when it ran out of gas. why go to the bother to push it so it was backed in??? Wouldn't that be a lot of turning a "dead weight" car?

I've often wondered if Casey was in a blackout when Caylee was "disposed" (sorry, that just sounds awful) of. Alot of times the gates to dumpsters are shut, but not locked.

Fences covering dumpsters are usually there because of code regulations, not to "protect" the contents of the dumpsters. I would be surprised if the gate to the dumpster was locked.

I didn't know who the girl was on the phone call, but I know I haven't heard from her since.

That whole call was haunting - and the media didn't release it all on their reports.

This whole thing with the car is probably worth more than I originally thought. I thought the car just ran out of gas there, or she left it because she owed them money. Now, seeing which space it was parked in, I'm wondering if there was more to it. I can't really wrap my brain around the possibility that she put Caylee in the dumpster - just can't stand the thought. Maybe she disposed of her and then took the car there to leave it because it smelled. She may have thought someone would steal the car, and then she'd have another theory she could tell. Or, she may have thought that by backing it in, no one would notice the smell and it would eventually go away.

Also Cindy said the car didn't smell when it was first towed. I immediately thought that if the car was towed shortly after the body was removed from the trunk, it probably didn't smell. But after sitting in the hot sun, closed up, the fluids deteriorated further and the smell would then permeate the car.

Maybe. So, I didn't vote.

It does seem too obvious, though. I'm more inclined to think that it would have been a dumpster at Sawgrass.

I've read Casey's version was the car ran out of gas just outside the Amscot and two guys pushed it into the parking lot. Well, from looking at the location of the dumpster & where her car would've been, it seems very unlikely they'd pick that spot to push it into especially with the maneuvering that would take. As for it being next to a dumpster, I think the smell was already in the car when she left it there and she put it by the dumpster to mask the odor coming from the car. I don't think she picked that particular dumpster to put Caylee in.

Maybe. So, I didn't vote.

It does seem too obvious, though. I'm more inclined to think that it would have been a dumpster at Sawgrass.
I agree and she wouldn't have been noticed as much, especially if she did it at night.

*sigh* its so frustrating not to know!

It would be great if she really did run out of gas and the fellas that pushed the car would contact LE. They may have some insight as to Casey's demeanor and if there was an odor.

Alas, I dont think these 2 guys exist

I was a no before I saw the pic. why would she choose that place of all the places to choose? I know George had his handy dandy gas cans on seen to get it started. Casey said it ran out of gas, and someone helped her push it into the parking lot. I didn't believe a word she said. Did she really run out of gas? Didn't the car smell when she left it there? So many more questions. Have those two men who helped her push it into the parking lot notified lLE as to that info? so many questions... does it even matter...

*sigh* its so frustrating not to know!

It would be great if she really did run out of gas and the fellas that pushed the car would contact LE. They may have some insight as to Casey's demeanor and if there was an odor.

Alas, I dont think these 2 guys exist
I doubt they do either. Also, what time of day did she leave the car there ~ was Amscot open? If so, did anybody there see the car being pushed into their parking lot?

That was Christine, who is not Lee's girlfriend.

I doubt they do either. Also, what time of day did she leave the car there ~ was Amscot open? If so, did anybody there see the car being pushed into their parking lot?

Maybe no one helped push the car into the lot. Maybe, she just left it running until it ran out of gas.
I think quite a lot of dead bodies get dumped in the trash including newborns. I am beginning to think when all trash comes in to the landfill it needs to be smelled by cadavier dogs ??? I know, not practical, but if it were done we might have more missing people found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back