Little girl dies tubing behind jet ski

zelmajane

Reaction score
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080830/ARTICLES/808300290

This happened in my neck of the woods. I know the responding officer and the child's neighbor. The relative was her Father.

Prayers are really needed in this case.

For those of you who participate in water sports of any kind with your kids, this is the perfect time to explain to them- You need to pay attention too. If you get scared and think something bad is going to happen, it is ok to let go of what you're on. We've had a lot of these conversations this weekend with the kids here.

Prayers for the family.

Gone in a second.....how heartbreaking.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20080830/ARTICLES/808300290

This happened in my neck of the woods. I know the responding officer and the child's neighbor. The relative was her Father.

Prayers are really needed in this case.

For those of you who participate in water sports of any kind with your kids, this is the perfect time to explain to them- You need to pay attention too. If you get scared and think something bad is going to happen, it is ok to let go of what you're on. We've had a lot of these conversations this weekend with the kids here.

Prayers for the family.

SO sad !:(

Wow. Very sad. :( I will definately keep the family and everyone affected by this accident in my prayers.

When I was about 13 or 14, I was tubing behind my uncles boat out on the river at our house. My uncle was driving, and kind of whipping around like we always did, letting the tube cross the wake. This time though, as we came around the corner, the tube just kept skipping across the top of the water, and I slammed straight into our dock. I had been tubing for about 5 years before, so I wasn't new to it. But I just got terrified when I saw that dock coming up so fast, and it didn't even cross my mind to let go and abandon ship. Luckily, I just got the wind knocked out of me, but I don't think I even would have guessed at that age that something like that could be fatal. But I definately agree with zelmajane. Even if the kids swim like fish and are used to being around water, boats, jet skis, etc., they should be reminded of safety every time they do something like that.

Ugh, stories like this just break my heart. It's no wonder I'm paranoid about the safety of my kids during any and all activities!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back