Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: Does D.A.V.I.D log queries? => ZFG plate look-up 6/17?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,907

    Does D.A.V.I.D log queries? => ZFG plate look-up 6/17?

    At least one OSCO Deputy, Tony Rusciano, was willing to risk and lose his job vs. exposing communication with Casey. And Casey certainly had plenty in her circle that had/have connections within local LE.

    So, if Casey needed a plate look-up after she set her sights on ZFG, she likely had someone she could turn to for help to run D.A.V.I.D. or other query to get the essential info.

    Does D.A.V.I.D. keep a log on queries? Queries on ZFG plates ~6/17 would be telling.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Sheriff Joe!
    Posts
    459
    Interesting thought.
    Idk if it would necessarily be important to look only on the 17th though. I think it was planned well before that.
    Do we know if the plate number for ZG matched the real one?




    "Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    11,001
    I'm not familiar with that system...however, I am familiar with LE databases in California and Texas. At least with all those (because it includes national, as well)...yes, it keeps a history of who ran what. That's one of the best ways to keep LE and associated operators honest and never run someone not the subject of legal LE action. (!) Audits are done for agencies to keep employees authorized.

    The systems I use ask for my name/user ID, and for my own reference (and required by policy) I need to either add the case#, or the name of another agent I'm running the name or information for, or at least a general description of why I'm running something, so that I can always document why this person or item was ran.

    So, I'd think the system you are talking about would have a good chance of having that archive information. Good idea to see if someone had been running her name or tag #.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Sheriff Joe!
    Posts
    459
    Another thought- Was Casey asked to do a sketch of ZG since she could not identify her through pics?
    Has the sketch been released?
    I wonder how close the sketch comes to the ZG that really went to the Sawgrass apts?




    "Casey Anthony has no soul"~ from my good friend Lacey

  5. #5
    EvaInCA's Avatar
    EvaInCA is offline If you can't convince them, confuse them.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    I'm not familiar with that system...however, I am familiar with LE databases in California and Texas. At least with all those (because it includes national, as well)...yes, it keeps a history of who ran what. That's one of the best ways to keep LE and associated operators honest and never run someone not the subject of legal LE action. (!) Audits are done for agencies to keep employees authorized.

    The systems I use ask for my name/user ID, and for my own reference (and required by policy) I need to either add the case#, or the name of another agent I'm running the name or information for, or at least a general description of why I'm running something, so that I can always document why this person or item was ran.

    So, I'd think the system you are talking about would have a good chance of having that archive information. Good idea to see if someone had been running her name or tag #.
    I'm in California, and a neighbor who's aunt was my best friend in when we were kids became a cop and one day a couple of years ago police car pulls up in front of my mom and dad's house. Me and my brother were talking on the porch and she asked me if my name was Eva and my brother started laughing saying, "Aha they're here for YOU!" So after we figured it out, we were all chit chatting and my brother asked if she could see if he had any warrants.

    She said if she ran his name and say he did have a warrant she would have to take him in, or explain the reason for running his name in the first place. But she also said that the Warrant Search for our Sheriff's dept online was basically the same type of query they use and it was up to date. So it's not like any cop could sit there and inquire without reason.

    Just thought I would let you know.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    FLORIDA!
    Posts
    2,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
    Another thought- Was Casey asked to do a sketch of ZG since she could not identify her through pics?
    Has the sketch been released?
    I wonder how close the sketch comes to the ZG that really went to the Sawgrass apts?
    IIRC, her attorney questioned why LE had not done a sketch of ZG. Their response was her attorney was capable of having one done. To my knowledge, a sketch of ZG was never completed. I'm quite sure it's because LE never bought into the ZG story. Although, I would have liked to have seen one as well.

    But, this is jmho and I'm going off my memory here.
    This post is my opinion only unless supported with a link.

    WILL THERE BE JUSTICE FOR JULIETTE?

    UPDATE: Trial continued; tentatively scheduled for Jan. 4 to Jan. 9.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...r-old-murdered



    WHERE IS SKY METALWALA?

    MISSING SINCE 6 NOVEMBER 2011 when his mother ALLEGEDLY left him in a locked car.
    She has been uncooperative with law enforcement and has seemingly moved on with her life.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...-6-Nov-2011-19

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
    IIRC, her attorney questioned why LE had not done a sketch of ZG. Their response was her attorney was capable of having one done. To my knowledge, a sketch of ZG was never completed. I'm quite sure it's because LE never bought into the ZG story. Although, I would have liked to have seen one as well.

    But, this is jmho and I'm going off my memory here.
    That Casey had ZG's info on/about the date ZG visited Sawgrass tells me that Casey had to get the info somewhere. Just enough to put a ZG in a physical location to give her story some credibility is what she was after. She wasn't preparing for LE when she came up with ZG. She was prepping G&C - a different level of scrutiny altogether, and certainly one she was used to getting past quite easily.

    So...if she left tracks when obtaining the ZG info...well...it'd be nice evidence to have. Regardless of the whole ZG story...the tracks are valuable.

    Only methods I've been able to come up w/ so far involve an accomplice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
    IIRC, her attorney questioned why LE had not done a sketch of ZG. Their response was her attorney was capable of having one done. To my knowledge, a sketch of ZG was never completed. I'm quite sure it's because LE never bought into the ZG story. Although, I would have liked to have seen one as well.

    But, this is jmho and I'm going off my memory here.

    For what its worth the BD site says one was done with 'limited release' around
    7-27ish
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



    ~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~


    Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11


    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    11,001
    Quote Originally Posted by EvaInCA View Post
    I'm in California, and a neighbor who's aunt was my best friend in when we were kids became a cop and one day a couple of years ago police car pulls up in front of my mom and dad's house. Me and my brother were talking on the porch and she asked me if my name was Eva and my brother started laughing saying, "Aha they're here for YOU!" So after we figured it out, we were all chit chatting and my brother asked if she could see if he had any warrants.

    She said if she ran his name and say he did have a warrant she would have to take him in, or explain the reason for running his name in the first place. But she also said that the Warrant Search for our Sheriff's dept online was basically the same type of query they use and it was up to date. So it's not like any cop could sit there and inquire without reason.
    Just thought I would let you know.

    Yes, LE will get in trouble if ever caught running someone without legal reason. She was right and handled it professionally.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,907
    Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    Yes, LE will get in trouble if ever caught running someone without legal reason.
    "if ever caught" being the operative phrase! LE would have to audit specifically to find out if ZG's true license plate had been run prior to 7/15.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Posts
    288

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    That Casey had ZG's info on/about the date ZG visited Sawgrass tells me that Casey had to get the info somewhere. Just enough to put a ZG in a physical location to give her story some credibility is what she was after. She wasn't preparing for LE when she came up with ZG. She was prepping G&C - a different level of scrutiny altogether, and certainly one she was used to getting past quite easily.

    So...if she left tracks when obtaining the ZG info...well...it'd be nice evidence to have. Regardless of the whole ZG story...the tracks are valuable.

    Only methods I've been able to come up w/ so far involve an accomplice.
    Now that we have KC cell phone records

    Did KC go apartment hunting on June 17? We do know from ZG statements- ZG went apartment hunting with her ex-bf- Jonathan- and they went to every apartment on Conway not just Sawgrass.

    We know KC met with Mr.Crisp on June 19 with TonE to view an apt and have TonE complete and application. As TonE was desparate to get out of his lease.

    When did KC make this appointment with Mr. Crsip?

    What was KC movements on June 17th

    How much time did KC spend on the Conway Road?

    What vehicle did ZG use to view apartments on June 17?

    Did ZG bf- fill out any vistor cards at any apartments or with Crisp?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Floriduh
    Posts
    98

    Cool Same in FL.....

    Quote Originally Posted by EvaInCA View Post
    I'm in California, and a neighbor who's aunt was my best friend in when we were kids became a cop and one day a couple of years ago police car pulls up in front of my mom and dad's house. Me and my brother were talking on the porch and she asked me if my name was Eva and my brother started laughing saying, "Aha they're here for YOU!" So after we figured it out, we were all chit chatting and my brother asked if she could see if he had any warrants.

    She said if she ran his name and say he did have a warrant she would have to take him in, or explain the reason for running his name in the first place. But she also said that the Warrant Search for our Sheriff's dept online was basically the same type of query they use and it was up to date. So it's not like any cop could sit there and inquire without reason.

    Just thought I would let you know.
    This is also true for the state of FL. My Dad is a D/S in Miami-Dade and he told me this is the case for the whole state. I asked him once to run a plate for me and get me the owner's name and he couldn't unless he had reason. Bummer.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,440
    Stark - do you know off the top of your head where the apt. Crisp showed her is? Don't go to any trouble - just if you know - thanks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    160
    mommya-
    not to answer for stark but in addition to: IIRC he said he could not show her the apt because she did not have an id with her and that was policy.
    Last edited by wings; 10-21-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: name change

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunny Sarasota Florida,
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by mommya View Post
    Stark - do you know off the top of your head where the apt. Crisp showed her is? Don't go to any trouble - just if you know - thanks.
    crane's landings...i believe was the name of the apt complex they went to see

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    160
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1642654/...ew---Statement

    This is where MCrisp says on the 19th they both came by and he couldn't show her because she did not have an id, but he showed Tony. Maybe she was in the office by herself at that time? He doesn't say, maybe she waited in the car...

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Cagney View Post
    Another thought- Was Casey asked to do a sketch of ZG since she could not identify her through pics?
    Has the sketch been released?
    I wonder how close the sketch comes to the ZG that really went to the Sawgrass apts?
    Yes, but the sketch was "usweless," per the artist.

    KC could, like many compulsive "fiction talkers" give the artist details, but not generalities.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree0372 View Post
    IIRC, her attorney questioned why LE had not done a sketch of ZG. Their response was her attorney was capable of having one done. To my knowledge, a sketch of ZG was never completed. I'm quite sure it's because LE never bought into the ZG story. Although, I would have liked to have seen one as well.

    But, this is jmho and I'm going off my memory here.
    Close. It's because she drove he artist NUTS, due to her inabillty to give the artist the info. A sketch was completed, but deemed "worthless."
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    That Casey had ZG's info on/about the date ZG visited Sawgrass tells me that Casey had to get the info somewhere. Just enough to put a ZG in a physical location to give her story some credibility is what she was after. She wasn't preparing for LE when she came up with ZG. She was prepping G&C - a different level of scrutiny altogether, and certainly one she was used to getting past quite easily.

    So...if she left tracks when obtaining the ZG info...well...it'd be nice evidence to have. Regardless of the whole ZG story...the tracks are valuable.

    Only methods I've been able to come up w/ so far involve an accomplice.
    I dunno. KC is an accomplished and prolific identity thief, apparently. She may have her tech.
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,640
    Quote Originally Posted by wings View Post
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1642654/...ew---Statement

    This is where MCrisp says on the 19th they both came by and he couldn't show her because she did not have an id, but he showed Tony. Maybe she was in the office by herself at that time? He doesn't say, maybe she waited in the car...
    Or, maybe she was sitting on steps and overheard?
    Age. Fac ut gaudeam

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas USA
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by BondJamesBond View Post
    At least one OSCO Deputy, Tony Rusciano, was willing to risk and lose his job vs. exposing communication with Casey. And Casey certainly had plenty in her circle that had/have connections within local LE.

    So, if Casey needed a plate look-up after she set her sights on ZFG, she likely had someone she could turn to for help to run D.A.V.I.D. or other query to get the essential info.

    Does D.A.V.I.D. keep a log on queries? Queries on ZFG plates ~6/17 would be telling.
    You know Bond, I actually re-read his statement to LE today. From the initial point of lying about knowing her to the continued stuttering ang getting caught blind-sided on several occasions in the interview, I believe he has more involvement than what he's telling.

  22. #22
    Her cop friend was still on a probationary period and that's why I don't think he ran a license search. Of course he sounds like a very reckless guy so anything's possible. It's a very interesting question, though.

    That's why his employer was able to fire him so easily. He was still not an *official* hire and didn't have the same type of union protection as more seasoned employees.

  23. #23
    I wouldn't be completely shocked if he wasn't some type of after-the-fact accomplice, though. His character isn't exactly stellar.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,785
    If he was a patrol officer, it's easy enough for him to call in a tag number to dispatch and ask for any NCIC hits or activity.

    One fine example, I don't know about ALL PDs but one in particular... First hand experience of seeing this happen in person and heard over scanner numerous times..

    LE calls into dispatch:
    Tag # xxx xxx "print and hold please"

    This means he's calling in a tag number and wants the results printed and placed in his mailbox instead of calling out the results over the radio. They can do this about any suspicious activity without having pulled the vehicle over.

    My guess is it would be a good idea for LE to search those dispatch logs. But.. I would almost bet that has already been checked into since Casey has already brought 3 cops down to her level.
    Bitter are the tears of a child: Sweeten them.
    Deep are the thoughts of a child: Quiet them.
    Sharp is the grief of a child: Take it from him.
    Soft is the heart of a child: Do not harden it.
    ~Pamela Glenconner~

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Prior Lake, MN moving to Utah in June 2010
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by mommya View Post
    Stark - do you know off the top of your head where the apt. Crisp showed her is? Don't go to any trouble - just if you know - thanks.
    Cranes Landing Apartment Complex- 3440 N Goldenrod Rd -Winter Park, FL 32792 -407-671-5**5

    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1642654/...ew---Statement

    He did show TonE but NOT Casey- the apartment onJune 19. He followed the rules.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Plate Used to Suffocate Woman
    By aussiegran in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •