1333 users online (327 members and 1006 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NY - Erin Maxwell, 11, found hanged, Palermo, 29 Aug 2008

This is just as strange as it gets:

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...020.xml&coll=1

Quotes from the news story:
    The death of an 11-year-old [...] Palermo girl on Friday was being investigated Sunday as a homicide, according to state police.

Investigators were releasing almost no information about the death of Erin E. Maxwell at her home at 1647 state Route 264. They would say only that rescue workers responded to a medical call at the home around 5:20 p.m. Friday and that she died of her injuries later at University Hospital.

[...]

Neighbors say Erin and her family kept to themselves in an area where everyone knows each other. They lived in a home filled with 120 cats, according to animal-control investigators. The home reeked of animal feces and urine, the investigators said.
    I can't fathom stories like this. I can barely write about them, as a journalist. This one already reeks of very strange, incredibly sad circumstances for the children in the home.

Steve
    Last edited by Salem; 01-27-2011 at 01:22 PM.

OMG....I'm sick to my stomach after reading this. I don't have any words....none at all..just tears and overwhelming sadness.
    Forever in my heart
    Riley Ann Sawyers aka "Baby Grace" &
    Jose Bernardo Martinez, aka "Beloved Doe" or "Amado Angelito"

Everything stated above is my own personal opinion, and not a reflection of anyone else's, including any organization which I may be affiliated with or support.

tbthow is offline Baby T is out of the hospital again : ) Strong Boy!
    How sad for this little girl.
    Please excuse me if I have replied to a post and can no longer find that thread. WS is wonderful all around and I don't want anyone to think I am being rude.. I forget what thread I post on at times.

Shavaun is offline I can't figure out if this is Jimmy or Pinky. Has he got one eye or two?
    oh my g

"As of this writing, there is nothing to suggest that anyone but Casey Anthony is responsible for the death and disposable of Caylee Anthony."

Detective Corporal Yuri Melich
    OSCO Supplemental Report
    Case Number 08-074777
    eid 002684

From the link above that Steve provided:
    http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...020.xml&coll=1

"A male who lives at the Maxwells' home, who appeared to be in his early 20s, was often seen in the yard wearing a cape and a feathered hat and brandishing a sword, according to Lindsley and other neighbors. He would sometimes walk down Route 264 in the outfit, Lindsley said."

Well, that is the person I would sit in the chair underneath the bright lights first. I bet he had a fantasy life on-line - if they had computer access.

Poor, poor little girl.

How awful, poor child.

Apparently, this may be another case where the child was reported to officials, and in this case, the living conditions were ruled to be "a lifestyle choice". WTF does that mean???

See the "Comments" left at this news story:
    http://tinyurl.com/55jo54

From poster named vjs529 - 9:59 AM today, 9/1/08
    I knew the little girl. I along with others have turned the family in, a number of times to DSS to no avail. The living conditions were putrid, animal waste, 100's of animals of all varieties wandering through the house and kitchen. Animal waste greets you in the shed at the door. This child has a history of being neglected, underfed, and certainly abused and no one would remove her from the home. It was branded a lifestyle choice. Erin had no choices, she was at the mercy of her family and our system, both of which failed her. It makes me sick, that the big issue out there now is how many animals are being taken from the home. We need to ask ourselves, why, the living conditions are bad enough to remove the animals, but considered a lifestyle choice when deciding whether to remove a helpless child. Erin was a most beautiful child with so much potential and resiliancy. I hope justice will found here and I sincerely hope our DSS is held accountable for this preventable tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post
    Apparently, this may be another case where the child was reported to officials, and in this case, the living conditions were ruled to be "a lifestyle choice". WTF does that mean???

I knew the little girl. I along with others have turned the family in, a number of times to DSS to no avail. The living conditions were putrid, animal waste, 100's of animals of all varieties wandering through the house and kitchen. Animal waste greets you in the shed at the door. This child has a history of being neglected, underfed, and certainly abused and no one would remove her from the home. It was branded a lifestyle choice. Erin had no choices, she was at the mercy of her family and our system, both of which failed her. It makes me sick, that the big issue out there now is how many animals are being taken from the home. We need to ask ourselves, why, the living conditions are bad enough to remove the animals, but considered a lifestyle choice when deciding whether to remove a helpless child. Erin was a most beautiful child with so much potential and resiliancy. I hope justice will found here and I sincerely hope our DSS is held accountable for this preventable tragedy.
    Oh man. Here we go. I can't even think about this.

OMG, this is so heartbreaking!!

That poor child!! NO child should grow up and live like this and I wonder why noone helped her if it was reported! Makes me sick!!!

WHERE IS CAYLEE???

this is heartbreaking!
    The poor little girl was failed by everyone.

I hate to think this, but maybe she hanged herself out of depression. That or her sword-brandishing brother was playing a sick game.

Prayers for her soul. I am sure she is resting in a much better place with the angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Reannan View Post

It appears that animals are more important than children.

So sad.
    RIP Erin E. Maxwell

Update on erin

This link has a photograph of this sweet little girl, Erin Maxwell.

LE are not comfortable calling this a suicide. The only time suicide was mentioned was in the 911 call.

Living in the home were Erin's biological father, Lindsey Maxwell, and her step-mother Lynn Maxwell, and Lynn's son, Alan Jones aged 27. LE says they have no particular "person of interest" right now. The family is staying at a hotel.

Meanwhile this link also has alot of comments from people claiming to "know" this or that. One person claiming to be family somewhere across the country.

God Bless this poor, poor little girl.

http://blog.syracuse.com/news/oswego/

OMG! WTF is wrong with people??? How awful! Poor girl!!!
    Death Leaves A Heartache No One Can Heal. Love Leaves A Memory No One Can Steal. Rest In Peace Caylee.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast