1092 users online (217 members and 875 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Unhappy Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere in here *looking under the couch* but anyone else notice the eerie similarities between this case and the Trenton Duckett case? His young mother Melinda was a "person of interest" in his disappearance right here in central florida.

They still haven't found Trenton's body at all but at the time there were theories of Melinda selling her toddler son just like with Caylee's case.

It's very scary that there are places here that someone can "dispose" of a person without that person ever being found. (Alligators, swamp-land, *shudder*).

Anyways, just lots of crazy similarities with Melinda and Casey. I just hope this case doesn't go unsolved like the former.
    Last edited by JBean; 10-18-2008 at 02:16 PM.
    The law is reason, free from passion. - Aristotle

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

"Do you wanna spar with me?" ~Juan Martinez

Nope. It reminds me very little of the Duckett case. Other than the fact that 2 little kids were 'disposed' of, they are nothing alike.

Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Nope. It reminds me very little of the Duckett case. Other than the fact that 2 little kids were 'disposed' of, they are nothing alike.
    Really? I just see some similarities although, Melinda had a recorded history of threatening her son with harm just to get back at her ex-husband.

I'm not saying they are connected (far from it), but just find it sad that Melinda and Casey seem to share some of the same mental disorders.

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey, I have always had doubt about Trenton being deceased and I have no doubt any longer that Caylee is peacefully in heaven
    Sin makes its own hell, and goodness its own heaven. ~Mary Baker Eddy

1. Casey never threatened Caylee with harm to anyone (that we are aware of)
    2. Different ages of the mothers
    3. One was married; the other single
    4. One committed suicide the other is in prison at the moment.
    5. Physical evidence exists to show Caylee is deceased; none exists for Trenton
    6. Caylee was in the trunk of her mother's car. Trenton? No idea.
    7. We know whose father is Trenton's. Caylee's father? No idea.

Nope, sorry. Can't say whether they shared same or similar mental disorders since I've never met either one AND I'm not a psychiatrist.

Yeah their motives are very different. But I mean their pyche I guess. They both were habitual liars, both showed signs of not caring after their kids went missing, both were young and complained about wanting to be able to be free of kids. (Melinda stated in some blog or something that she was tired of working and going to school and being a mother if my memory serves me right)

Those kind of things. Sry...guess I'm just over-thinking....*goes back to working like I should be doing lol*

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    I can see where youre coming from--- and you have every right express your thoughts

agree with shouldbeworking that Melinda did what she did to get back at ex and Casey is just one crazy witch thats all about Casey.
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

Having never met either one and not being a trained psychiatrist how can you (or anyone) determine what mental illnesses they have (or not have)?

1. Casey never threatened Caylee with harm to anyone (that we are aware of)
    2. Different ages of the mothers
    3. One was married; the other single
    4. One committed suicide the other is in prison at the moment.
    5. Physical evidence exists to show Caylee is deceased; none exists for Trenton
    6. Caylee was in the trunk of her mother's car. Trenton? No idea.

Nope, sorry. Can't say whether they shared same or similar mental disorders since I've never met either one AND I'm not a psychiatrist.
    Well the ages are close depending on who you ask. Think Melinda was 20 and Casey 22. Some would group them in the same age brackett while others would argue that there is a big difference.

Casey is in prison and doesn't seem the type to commit suicide since she has an ego bigger than a house.

But another similarity, Casey supposedly deleted "hundreds" of pics of Caylee from her social networking sites whereas Melinda threw bags of toys, pics, (even her U/S scan of Trenton) that belonged to Trenton shortly after he went missing.

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Having never met either one and not being a trained psychiatrist how can you (or anyone) determine what mental illnesses they have (or not have)?
    Good guess about me not being a trained psychiatrist! How did you know?? LOL

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

I would like NG to get her on the phone and make her coness!

Quote Originally Posted by Sassynic View Post
    Well the ages are close depending on who you ask. Think Melinda was 20 and Casey 22. Some would group them in the same age brackett while others would argue that there is a big difference.

Casey is in prison and doesn't seem the type to commit suicide since she has an ego bigger than a house.

But another similarity, Casey supposedly deleted "hundreds" of pics of Caylee from her social networking sites whereas Melinda threw bags of toys, pics, (even her U/S scan of Trenton) that belonged to Trenton shortly after he went missing.

Agree, and if she rightfully pays for this crime there will so many prison guards and a lot of time(as opposed to so little time).
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    I would like NG to get her on the phone and make her coness!

OHHHH , ME TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~ Nancy would EAT HER UP!
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Anniegirl View Post
    I can see where youre coming from--- and you have every right express your thoughts

agree with shouldbeworking that Melinda did what she did to get back at ex and Casey is just one crazy ***** thats all about Casey.
    Awww ty!

Yeah no matter what, the bottom line is Casey is crazy and hopefully there will be some official charges in regards to the new evidence that they have coming soon.

More than what Trenton's family was able to get.
    Last edited by Sassynic; 09-01-2008 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added last line in an after thought

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Here, have a smoothie:

♫ ⊹⊱✿ ◕‿◕✿⊰⊹♫

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
    Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
    Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
    Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
    When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
    Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
    Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
    Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
    Casey dated a cop.

jmo

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast