Similarities to other Cases. Melinda Duckett, Diane Downs and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sassynic

Loves Sleuthing
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up somewhere in here *looking under the couch* but anyone else notice the eerie similarities between this case and the Trenton Duckett case? His young mother Melinda was a "person of interest" in his disappearance right here in central florida.

They still haven't found Trenton's body at all but at the time there were theories of Melinda selling her toddler son just like with Caylee's case.

It's very scary that there are places here that someone can "dispose" of a person without that person ever being found. (Alligators, swamp-land, *shudder*).

Anyways, just lots of crazy similarities with Melinda and Casey. I just hope this case doesn't go unsolved like the former. :confused:

Nope. It reminds me very little of the Duckett case. Other than the fact that 2 little kids were 'disposed' of, they are nothing alike.

Nope. It reminds me very little of the Duckett case. Other than the fact that 2 little kids were 'disposed' of, they are nothing alike.

Really? I just see some similarities although, Melinda had a recorded history of threatening her son with harm just to get back at her ex-husband.

I'm not saying they are connected (far from it), but just find it sad that Melinda and Casey seem to share some of the same mental disorders.

I think actually very different, Duckett I believe did whatever she did to "get even" with her ex, Casey on the other hand this has all been about Casey, I have always had doubt about Trenton being deceased and I have no doubt any longer that Caylee is peacefully in heaven

1. Casey never threatened Caylee with harm to anyone (that we are aware of)
2. Different ages of the mothers
3. One was married; the other single
4. One committed suicide the other is in prison at the moment.
5. Physical evidence exists to show Caylee is deceased; none exists for Trenton
6. Caylee was in the trunk of her mother's car. Trenton? No idea.
7. We know whose father is Trenton's. Caylee's father? No idea.

Nope, sorry. Can't say whether they shared same or similar mental disorders since I've never met either one AND I'm not a psychiatrist.

Yeah their motives are very different. But I mean their pyche I guess. They both were habitual liars, both showed signs of not caring after their kids went missing, both were young and complained about wanting to be able to be free of kids. (Melinda stated in some blog or something that she was tired of working and going to school and being a mother if my memory serves me right)

Those kind of things. Sry...guess I'm just over-thinking....*goes back to working like I should be doing lol*

I can see where youre coming from--- and you have every right express your thoughts :)

agree with shouldbeworking that Melinda did what she did to get back at ex and Casey is just one crazy witch thats all about Casey.

Having never met either one and not being a trained psychiatrist how can you (or anyone) determine what mental illnesses they have (or not have)?

1. Casey never threatened Caylee with harm to anyone (that we are aware of)
2. Different ages of the mothers
3. One was married; the other single
4. One committed suicide the other is in prison at the moment.
5. Physical evidence exists to show Caylee is deceased; none exists for Trenton
6. Caylee was in the trunk of her mother's car. Trenton? No idea.

Nope, sorry. Can't say whether they shared same or similar mental disorders since I've never met either one AND I'm not a psychiatrist.

Well the ages are close depending on who you ask. Think Melinda was 20 and Casey 22. Some would group them in the same age brackett while others would argue that there is a big difference.

Casey is in prison and doesn't seem the type to commit suicide since she has an ego bigger than a house.

But another similarity, Casey supposedly deleted "hundreds" of pics of Caylee from her social networking sites whereas Melinda threw bags of toys, pics, (even her U/S scan of Trenton) that belonged to Trenton shortly after he went missing.

Having never met either one and not being a trained psychiatrist how can you (or anyone) determine what mental illnesses they have (or not have)?

Good guess about me not being a trained psychiatrist! How did you know?? LOL

I would like NG to get her on the phone and make her coness!

Well the ages are close depending on who you ask. Think Melinda was 20 and Casey 22. Some would group them in the same age brackett while others would argue that there is a big difference.

Casey is in prison and doesn't seem the type to commit suicide since she has an ego bigger than a house.

But another similarity, Casey supposedly deleted "hundreds" of pics of Caylee from her social networking sites whereas Melinda threw bags of toys, pics, (even her U/S scan of Trenton) that belonged to Trenton shortly after he went missing.

Agree, and if she rightfully pays for this crime there will so many prison guards and a lot of time(as opposed to so little time).:sick:

I can see where youre coming from--- and you have every right express your thoughts :)

agree with shouldbeworking that Melinda did what she did to get back at ex and Casey is just one crazy thats all about Casey.

Awww ty! :)

Yeah no matter what, the bottom line is Casey is crazy and hopefully there will be some official charges in regards to the new evidence that they have coming soon.

More than what Trenton's family was able to get. :(

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

I would like NG to get her on the phone and make her coness!

Over the phone nothing! I prefer they get NG in the same room with Casey...that'll make anyone confess. LOL

I love NG!!!

Melinda said she worked 2 jobs. Melinda did not have a job when Trenton disappeared.
Casey said she worked at Universal. Casey did not have a job when Caylee disappeared.

Melinda was hanging out with a new group of friends.
Casey was hanging out with a new group of friends per George.

Melinda's friend called 911 to report Trenton missing.
Casey's mother called 911 to report Caylee missing.

When Melinda did get on the phone with 911, she knew "who frickin did it" and blamed Josh.
When Casey got on the phone, she knew who did it. She blamed the Zanny the Nanny.

Melinda blamed the media for taking the focus off of Trenton.
Casey's parents blamed the media for taking the focus off of Caylee.

Melinda "feigned cooperation" with LE.
Casey lied to LE.

Melinda's family and friends said Melinda would never hurt Trenton.
Casey's family and friends said Casey would never hurt Caylee.

Melinda dated a cop.
Casey dated a cop.

jmo

TY!!! I knew I wasn't "crazy" thinking they were similar. Of course there are lots of things that aren't the same as far as evidence. I just can't stop thinking about Melinda everytime I see Casey. Those two could've been best buds in another life.

How far apart did these two cases occur ?
Could they have known each other ?
Could the new friends be any of the same people ?

How far apart did these two cases occur ?
Could they have known each other ?
Could the new friends be any of the same people ?

Trenton went missing two years ago. So Melinda and Casey are the same age.

Melinda's grandparents lived in Lady Lake and Melinda was last seen in Leesburg shopping I think.

Not sure if they ever crossed-paths. I don't think so or I'm sure we would have heard about it. But very interesting angle!!!

Awww ty! :)

Yeah no matter what, the bottom line is Casey is crazy and hopefully there will be some official charges in regards to the new evidence that they have coming soon.

More than what Trenton's family was able to get. :(

I see where you were going with the thought, wasn't trying to be snarky, and you had me fooled I thought you knew them both and that maybe they were your patients....:rolleyes: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain