View Poll Results: will casey accept the state's offer of limited immunity tomorrow?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll
  • yep

15 5.05%
  • nope

266 89.56%
  • dunno

16 5.39%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2008.09.02. REVISIT Will she accept the limited immunity deal?

Xanax is very foul tasting and VERY bitter. No juice or fruit would cover it up. No child would willing eat anything with xanax in it.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    <<A two or 3 year old cannot swallow a pill>>

True, but what if a pill is crushed and mixed with juice or food?

Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    It's really a non-deal for the defense and I dont think anyone in camp Casey ever took it seriously, I also think that we should assume that TES and LE have a non-public search tactic as well, just a thought.
    Is this the "deal" JB had never heard of, or seen?

Mr. Litig8r is at the search today. I just called him to check in and he could only speak briefly. He said that Cindy is there talking to LE. That's all I got, and you guys prolly already know it - but just in case.
    IMO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sassy_texasbelle2 View Post
    Is this the "deal" JB had never heard of, or seen?
    Actually in later interviews he just stated he would not comment on any dialog between his office and that of the State's Attorneys office.
    It was all Hat and no cattle, pardon the pun, I think the deal was about drawing out the after the fact component, imo

<<That's what I've been pondering. What benefit does this proposed deal have for Casey? It seems LE want her to point them to the evidence that will convict her (Caylee's body) and the only promise they're making to her is that they won't use her words against her. If they have the body, Casey's words won't matter anyway.>>

I posted this on another thread, too. I think you're totally right. What benefit does this immunity deal have for the defendant? Of course she's not going to accept a deal like that. The way I understand the deal is this .... tell LE what you know (where to find Caylee) and we won't hold your "actual" words against you. But we'll still charge you with a homicide. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    Xanax is very foul tasting and VERY bitter. No juice or fruit would cover it up. No child would willing eat anything with xanax in it.
    I agree that it is nasty and juice wouldn't cover it up. But I do think other things could. When I was a kid I had to take horrible, bitter medication for my asthma. My mom would put it in applesauce but the taste still came through. So she started putting it into pudding or milkshakes. Sometimes she'd even put it into my PB&J. I think it could be done with a little trial and error.

IMO Casey Anthony is an absolute waste, and a pathetic excuse of a human being. Furthermore I simply will not even watch another one of CA or GA's obnoxious interviews. Those people are all a bunch of delusional liars. How dare they just disrespect and smack LE/FBI in the face! Arghh!!!

JMHO

Laneymae is offline The truth will set you free - oops not in this case ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Litig8r View Post
    Gonna post this here since it mentioned webcam being moved to search headquarters - then I'll move and cross-post in general thread (please tell me if this is not allowed).

Mr. Litig8r is at the search today. I just called him to check in and he could only speak briefly. He said that Cindy is there talking to LE. That's all I got, and you guys prolly already know it - but just in case.
    Thank you for posting that here, too. Very much appreciated.

Does anyone else have 3 or more threads going at the same time, along with the webcam?

I am afraid to say that I do ...

Keep us up to date on what happened today. I am so jealous of Mr Litig8r, and hope he learns something today about the case.

I ended up not posting in general - they seem to be talking about something else at the moment, but aside from that, I have stuff I need to be getting done so I don't think I can juggle multiple threads right now!
    IMO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jbar View Post
    ~snip~Could be important to note when/if they appeal and/or the Anthony family ever start to spout claims of inadequate council.
    Yeah, but they would have to prove ineffective counsel (don't think that's going to happen over just this...how many chances and deadlines do they need?) and also prove that the outcome would have been different (if not for the ineffective counsel). At least, that's how I believe it works. Anyhow, I doubt she's yelling from her cell saying she wanted the deal. She can speak for herself...doesn't have to come from her attorney. (ETA: He doesn't decide, she does...end result is her wishes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I didn't think she would take it. Remember when she was willing to talk with full immunity? How sick can one be? She knows exactly where Caylee is but is so worried about herself she is deliberately leaving her family in h3ll.
    Well that works out perfectly, doesn't it?

Casey's willing to leave her family wondering if they'll EVER find Caylee's body & her family is more than willing to defend Casey's actions.

I don't think anyone name Anthony really wants Caylee's body found.... it's NOT in the best interests of poor Casey.

About the Zanax. My 24 year old son cannot swallow pills. He simply tells the pharmacist and he puts the drug in liquid or a chewable tablet. My son does not take Zanax so I do not know about this specific drug but so far all the medicine he has had to take comes with these choices. We all know that the liquid can be taste altered with flavoring.

I can hear the people in the State's Attorneys Office now, "I can't believe we even offered her that deal! Waste....HUGE waste!!" hehehe
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Yeah, Cindy still does all the talking. Why have a spokesperson if they don't speak for you? But, like Casey, Cindy's a talker and apparently whatever the situation--beloved grand daughter missing, probably dead, daughter in jail, probably the murderer, delusional, drugged, making people who hear her more annoyed with every word she speaks, she just HAS to keep talkin'. She can't stop. Someone who loves her, her family, a friend has got to get her to shut up. She is not doing herself, her family or Caylee any good.
    What's the difference anyway.... the spokesman was JUST AS bad as Cindy.

It's pretty pathetic that after all this time, none of them can grasp the simple fact that the public does NOT want to hear about Casey & all sorts of ridiculous excuses.... the public's ONLY INTEREST is in finding Caylee.

These people are ONLY using the media to defend Casey & act as if Caylee was some stranger who is the cause of all Casey's legal troubles.

I believe as most of you do that LE in this case is being so very careful and professional. I think they have been outstanding in everything and this is one time I am glad I haven't been given all the facts and appreciate them holding the evidence close. Oh no, friends, please don't misunderstand me, this is not to compare in any shape, form or fashion the OCSD with the law enforcement in the Simpson case. No comparison, none whatsoever. Particularly during the interrogation at Universal, I have been impressed with every facet of their handling of this case. I commend and respect them and even with the head start being weeks of no knowledge, I believe they will solve this case. I am just saying that my respect for JB is not very high on the scale of representation.

Just wanted to throw this out there: I can't take Xanax because it causes me to have severe blackouts. I was prescribed Xanax once before my wedding and I had no memory whatsoever of helping my mom & sister-in-law address over 100 invitations. They were stunned when I asked when we were going to get it done, since we had spent an entire day on it. And this happened with me taking the prescribed amount--one small pill.

Memory loss is a commom side effect of Xanax--it does not even have to be mixed with alcohol to happen.

If Caylee were given even a small amt. of Xanax, it would be easy for her to die of an overdose.

I have a 3 year old daughter, and there's NO WAY she would just go to sleep in a strange bed with a loud, drunken party going on. Especially if Mommy weren't right there with her. She would be terrified. I strongly suspect drugging of Caylee.

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    Quote Originally Posted by librarian_mama View Post
    Just wanted to throw this out there: I can't take Xanax because it causes me to have severe blackouts. I was prescribed Xanax once before my wedding and I had no memory whatsoever of helping my mom & sister-in-law address over 100 invitations. They were stunned when I asked when we were going to get it done, since we had spent an entire day on it. And this happened with me taking the prescribed amount--one small pill.

Memory loss is a commom side effect of Xanax--it does not even have to be mixed with alcohol to happen.

If Caylee were given even a small amt. of Xanax, it would be easy for her to die of an overdose.

I have a 3 year old daughter, and there's NO WAY she would just go to sleep in a strange bed with a loud, drunken party going on. Especially if Mommy weren't right there with her. She would be terrified. I strongly suspect drugging of Caylee.

That is very true.
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

I suspect that if Casey drugged Caylee it would be with over the counter childrens cough or antihistamin syrup. That is alot more likely and doesn't taste so bad. I really don't think she drugged her tho. I think she just hid her in the trunk when she wanted to party and she did it one time too many. Poor child. I wish LE could somehow prove that Casey kept her in the trunk at times.

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    <<A two or 3 year old cannot swallow a pill>>

True, but what if a pill is crushed and mixed with juice or food?
    Zanax are very small, and she would only have to give her a half of one, I think it could be disguised....JMO

Quote Originally Posted by librarian_mama View Post
    This has bothered me too, wasn't it Amy who said that Casey would put her on the couch during parties and Caylee would just go to sleep. From the pictures I have seen these are not low key party people thus Zanny the Nanny would care of Caylee.

Anniegirl is offline Have you ever thrown a fist full of glitter in the air?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laneymae View Post

Cindy is drugged-- she needs to rest and not speak---why not let the spokesperson handle the media?

And those people beating at the door of their home --is so wrong.

I understand the frustration at Casey and confused some of us are at how delusional of what appears to be deep denial of what has happen to Caylee but no one has the right IMO invade their home like that and shout or bang on their doors--

As for those 'thosands' of people Cindy is talking to daily that believe LE is messed up and that Caylee is alive-- someone should screen these calls , there are apparently lonely/messed up people out there just wanting to talk to them . It is enabling and blinding them to what they need to come to grips with and accept.

They think the FBI and LE are just jokes-- they are ONLY doing their jobs.
    ~~~

'I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love' . Mother Teresa

Add me on Facebook: annie51467@yahoo.com

Xanax

I have to chime in about the Xanax. The lowest dosage (.25) is a *very* small pill--smaller than an advil. I am not speaking as to the blue bars that people who abuse the drug use to party. The lowest dosage is ***tiny***. If Caylee could eat a bite of anything it could be put inside of it (like a bite of burger) and she would not even notice.
    My cat got Xanax for anxiety and obsessive licking. I cut one of the .25's into 1/6 and gave it to the cat. If any creature would not take a pill, it's a cat. The cat took the pill!

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    This has bothered me too, wasn't it Amy who said that Casey would put her on the couch during parties and Caylee would just go to sleep. From the pictures I have seen these are not low key party people thus Zanny the Nanny would care of Caylee.
    Yes, it was in Amy's statement and it really, really struck a chord with me. I have two young children and my oldest was always very easy-going and adaptable. He also slept like a rock. But no way would he go to sleep in the midst of a party, on a strange couch no less. I actually had to read her statement twice because I couldn't believe what I was reading. I'm sure LE has picked up on these statements as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    My cat got Xanax for anxiety and obsessive licking. I cut one of the .25's into 1/6 and gave it to the cat. If any creature would not take a pill, it's a cat. The cat took the pill!
    Early on, when this theory was first posted, I had questions about this drug because I had never heard about it. Someone explaining it to me mentioned that it often given to pets for anxiety. The Anthony's have 2 Yorkies. I hope LE has checked with their vet. I just can't get past the fact that "Zanny took her" is one of the only consistencies in Casey's story. I tend to think she was drugged. That is why LE was not called.

Unhappy

I agree. I think Casey has been consistant with the whole "Zanny took her." I truly believe something happened to Caylee while on the Zanax her mother gave her and Casey has had a psychotic break with reality. Or she had a psychotic break first and then something happened to Caylee. I do think whether by a drug or not Caylee suffocated in the car. I mean look at Casey and her demeanor. She is not normal acting. I do not want her to get off on an insanity defense but I so do not think she is right mentally. She has virtually no expression. She has expressed no sadness or fear for her daughter. Even if God forbid, I ever killed my child I still think I would grieve over his/her death. She shows nothing. I really just think she had broken with reality whether before or after Caylee's death.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast