Advertisments are Coming....

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi All,
Just a quick heads up.

Due to my financial situation I will be adding advertisements soon to Websleuths.

Please don't freak out when you come on and see them. I am going with Google ads for a while and am continuing to try and get major advertisers on the site too. When that happens the Google ads will disappear.

What I really want is one major sponsor for the whole site. That is my goal.

I will do my best to make sure the ads are not obnoxious or distracting.

Please understand this is a last resort. I have owned and operated forums using my own money since 2003. My life has had a drastic change recently (divorce) hence the advertising. I am not doing this just to make money. I am doing it to be able to live.

Please, You all have such good hearts and I know there are those who want to send me money. PLEASE NO. I will not accept donations.
I don't want anyone to feel obligated in any way shape or form. If I ask for donations there are those who can't donate and they might feel uncomfortable. Also, if someone makes a large donation then gets out of hand on the forum it will cause issues if I have to ban them.

Websleuths and Forums for Justice.org (my sites) will always remain free. Over my dead body will any money be charged for posting.

So please be patient with me. I am doing this Google ad thing myself. Since it is technical there is a good chance you may log on to Websleuths and find that is only available in the language of an early Swahili tribe. I can make mistakes like that. Really, I can.

I am so proud of you all. Keep up the good work.

Tricia
PS. If any major networks, companies or really rich people want to advertise please email me tgrif@xmission.com We have GREAT BIG NUMBERS on WS. You won't be sorry.

As a new member to this site I have to say it has been a pleasure being here...
I am so impressed on how it is run and you should be very proud of this amazing accomplishment.

:clap:

If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask.... (my husband is a computer tech)

Thank-you again from the bottom of my heart :blowkiss:

they need to dump their own message boards, lol.

How about Dateline and NBC??? Worth a shot??

I am new to this site as well but I must say it is the best! You have done a fantastic job. Why should you not be paid for the great work you do. Kudos to you.
My sincere prayers are with you at this very difficult time..

I've been here silently for the last 5 years and appreciate you and this site so much. It's the first place I go to get updates on current events. I know you don't want money - but maybe sell T-shirts or items with logos on them?
Thanks for the great site - back to lurker mode.
Terry

Tricia, I can offer the services of a web designer guy if you need them (he can't afford to tell me no :), I've lurked on this site long before I joined it (didn't know I needed to use my ISP email).

Keep up the good work!

I've been here silently for the last 5 years and appreciate you and this site so much. It's the first place I go to get updates on current events. I know you don't want money - but maybe sell T-shirts or items with logos on them?
Terry

Tricia - I'd buy T-Shirts and coffee mugs in a heartbeat!

I'm interested in doing whatever it takes to keep you up and running.
Please let us know how we can help.
Heartfelt thanks and deep appreciation.

How nice that when I can finally post (been lurkin' for weeks!), it is to offer support and help to you, Tricia.

Thank you for this site and for all you have done. Bravo for wanting to keep it nonpaying. I understand your dilemma and frankly feel you should at least pay YOURself a stipend for all you do to keep your sites going.

We can deal with the advertising if it means keeping the site up. If I can help you in anyway, I will. Buying a t-shirt, helping techie-wise, anything!

Thanks much! Newbie:clap::clap::clap:

Terry

What a GRAND idea, I would buy a few.

(I know you said no so pretend I did not write this, I would pay a monthly fee to stay on this site! Lurker for years and always felt like you kept trash out)

I shop a LOT on Amazon and will go to it from here if google gives you an Amazon link. I don't know what other advertisers you might have through google but will start linking up to those I do business with from here.

I come here first anymore for news and updates.

Oh I have already wished there was a T-shirt for Sleuthers and I just joined. I am always in awe of a board that stands the test of time and the amount of participation on your sites is impressive to say the least.

It's something to think about, and even if you go with the ads I'm staying.

...with your permission of course!

Eva

I would pay a monthly membership fee as well...but, I understand you not wanting to go that route, and the reasons for not wanting to as well.

I think a 'store' of 'WS thingies is a grand idea'!
I'll help and support any way I can.

Tricia...

There are some wonderful ideas here to help keep you and WS up and running. I will certainly buy WS T-shirts, coffee mugs, magnets, bumper stickers, etc!

How 'bout we donate anonymously??? That way you won't have to feel guilty for banning anyone... cuz you won't know who donated! :)

P.S. I am sorry to hear about your divorce! Good luck, you're in my prayers.
If you need any advice from someone who's been through it.... I've got tons of it!!!

xoxoxo :blowkiss:

I would be happy to support a store or buy items/bags/tshirts/candles,etc. I think that a lot of people on this board would love to support something like that :)

I am a recent newbie as well. I lurked for a while. Haven't gotten the courage to post opinions yet. I think T-shirts are a great idea. I would buy one.

I appreciate all that you do, Tricia!

Tricia,
As a message board owner/operator (not having anything remotely due to true crime) I know how "expensive" it CAN get in both time and money. You definately should not feel guilty about getting "paid" for your services!

Cafe Press is a wonderful site! I have purchased several things through them without a hitch - I would most definately buy some parahenalia!

Kuddos for all you do! This site is truly amazing!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back