Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NY - Brittany Fish, 5, Syracuse, 24 April 2005

LE thinks she was abducted last night while riding her scooter to a friend's house 2 blocks away. The scooter has been found, but no sign of Brittany.

http://news10now.com/content/all_new...17139&SecID=83

Here's a picture of Brittany:

http://news10now.com/content/top_sto...asp?ArID=17158
    Last edited by Juliana; 04-25-2004 at 01:34 PM.

They Found Her!

Bound, and left in an abandoned building, but she's alive!
    Thank God!

Any kind of link available?
    Just the facts, Ma'am.

OMG this poor little girl, found bound and gagged under a tarp... maybe he was coming back for her later.

What a nightmare... you have to watch your kids all the time, she was out scootering a block from her home unsupervised.

So happy she is alive, no reports on if she was sexually assulted... just that she is uninjured pysically, psycologically, who knows

more info

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/wi...-regional-wire

SYRACUSE, N.Y. -- A missing 5-year-old girl was found bound in duct tape under a tarp at an abandoned warehouse Sunday, and police were looking for a suspect in her disappearance.

Brittany Fish was in stable condition at University Hospital after the property owner found her at 3:30 p.m. in suburban DeWitt, police said.

Police were looking for a white or possibly Hispanic man who is in his 40s, thin and balding. Investigators believe the suspect abducted the girl Saturday night in white older model four-door vehicle.

Brittany's mother told police her daughter left home at 6 p.m. Saturday to visit her friend two blocks away. The mother called the friend's house to see if Brittany arrived safely and called police when she learned she hadn't.

A child found Brittany's scooter nearby on a storm grate a half hour after Brittany left home. Police alerted residents in the 10-block area about the missing child Saturday night and searched the storm drains for the girl.

Copyright 2004, The Associated Press |

Now that she is has been found and safe "thank goodness". This guy needs to be caught and taken off the streets, he will learn from his mistakes and act again, unless they put him behind bars. Also the mother best learn from her mistake as well, letting a "five year old" walk alone with no one even watching? If it was only a short distance, there is your answer, "its only a short distance walk her".

THe mother let the five year old visit a friend two block's away!

OMG..................
    The Lord was caring this child.........
    xxxxxxxxooooooo
    mama

Reminds you of Leanne Marie Warner(Beaner) - 5 - missing since 6/14/03 except "Leanne's parents waited longer to report her missing and she is still missing.

If anyone finds out how far away she was found please post it....thank you.

She was found 6.5 miles from her home.
    Only my opinions!

When are we going to learn that FIVE YEAR OLDS should NOT be going two blocks away from their homes ALONE??? Thank God that this little girl is alive - and ONLY God can be thanked since it appears the adults in her life were too busy.

Johnny I agree

I didn't even know she was missing: First and foremost...THANK GOD!!!!!!!

#1) Why the hell do we have an Amber Alert if we can't use our GOD GIVEN COMMON SENSE that when a 5 yr old (ALONE) is found missing (scooter in sewer)..5YEARS OLD AGAIN..5 YEARS OLD...we still need to "justify" an Amber Alert? WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SYSTEM.

#2) THERE SHOULD BE A LAW OF SOME SORT FOR PARENTS THAT SEND CHILDREN ALONE BLOCKS OR INCHES W/OUT SUPERVISION. You are all right on the Leanna Warner..WHY DOESN'T THESE PEOPLE LEARN.

First thought when I read this was THAT MOTHER IS CRUEL AND INDECENT to allow at 6:00p (prime time for perverts)..to travel ALONE all of 5yrs. And why the hell did she call and not walk her? Tragedy.

I have a feeling she was assuaulted and for whoever the poster was that said he will do this again...YOUR RIGHT. And next time he will ensure she won't talk.

Our laws need to ensure this man never sees daylight. I hope the neighborhood and community come together to ensure this a*s hole pays for her torture.

Bless her heart..freezing, shivering, scared, hurt...in some hideious, dark, moldy, smelly filthy warehouse.

God bless this child's recovery.

Thank God again for answered prayer in helping our helples!!
    So many clowns, too few circuses.

This is surely devine intervention. According to CNN, Brittany was found in an abandoned warehouse by someone who was interested in buying the property and just stopped by to look around.

Thank God!

Missing girl found bound in warehouse
    Monday, April 26, 2004 Posted: 11:27 AM EDT (1527 GMT)

Police search for the 5-year-old girl before she was discovered at an abandoned warehouse.

SYRACUSE, New York (AP) -- A 5-year-old girl was found bound in duct tape under a tarp at an abandoned warehouse Sunday, a day after she left home to visit a friend two blocks away.

A potential buyer of the warehouse in suburban DeWitt found the girl after he heard her crying and looked under the tarp. She was reported in stable condition at University Hospital, and gave authorities a description of her abductor, whom police were searching for Sunday night.

Police would not say Sunday whether the girl had been abused.

The girl's mother told police her daughter left their Syracuse home at 6 p.m. Saturday to visit her friend. The mother called the friend's house to see if the girl arrived safely and called police when she learned she hadn't.

A child found the girl's scooter on a nearby storm grate half an hour after she left home.

A state police helicopter searched the area with an infrared camera, police and neighbors combed nearby Schiller Park and fire department divers searched for the girl in the storm drain where the scooter was found.

Authorities alerted nearby residents but did not issue an Amber Alert because the disappearance was not known to be an abduction.

Police were looking for a thin white or Hispanic man in his 40s. The suspect is balding and had a mustache, police said. Investigators believe the suspect kidnapped the girl in a white older model four-door vehicle with a dirty gray interior.

I don't buy the official version...

Something is wrong with this story... just my opinion maybe... but it doesn't ring completely true.

If you were a mother who would allow your five-year-old to ride a scooter two blocks to a friend's house... would you also be the type of mother who would call to see if she arrived?? ...and then proceed to call police immediately when told she had not arrived, before searching the route on your own?? If you has such a bad feeling about your daughter arriving at the destination safely... why let her go? It almost smacks of a set-up.

If the mother had said, "Be home by 7:00," and the girl had not arrived home by 7:15, I could see her calling the friend's house to see if the child even told the friend's mother what time she was due home. SHE'S FIVE YEARS OLD! Can she even tell time? Also... sending the child out at 6:00 PM in New York in April, is almost guaranteeing that that the child would have next-to-no-time to play before returning home... unless she would be scootering home in the dark! I wouldn't let my nearly ten-year-old walk home in the dark from two blocks away... and we live on an Air Force base!! That's about as safe as you can get. This base is surrounded by barbed wire and you have to show a military ID to walk or drive onto the base through the gates. (Sure... military people can be weirdos or perverts in theory. But the likelyhood of not being caught if they used the base as their stalking ground is almost nil.)

It appears the mother may have had some suspicion (at the very least) that her child was in danger of being kidnapped... or I don't believe she would have called to see if the child arrived. If you have faith enough in the neighborhood to send out a five-year-old on her own to make the two block trip... you wouldn't be likely to worry about her arriving and therefore call to check. Maybe mom owed someone some money or was being threatened by someone?? And what about "Daddy"? Is he in the picture? This, of course, makes the choice to allow the child out of her sight to begin with even more perplexing. But some people are simply lacking in judgement until they actually think about what they just did. That might account for the call to the playmate's house not long after Brittany departed.

I could be completely off base here... and maybe there are more to the facts than the sketchy things that have been released. But for right now, I think something is totally fishy with this whole thing.

Hi Babs.. I am not defending this Mom... it was irresponsible of her to let her 5 year old Scooter off to visit a friend 2 blocks away...

I just wanted to tell you that it was light tonight until 8:15pm in Toronto... and we have the same conditions as New York - out clocks changed a few weeks ago and every day the light is stretching.

Having said that, I also had the feeling something was screwy with the Mom's call to the destination of her child.

I guess we will hear more as the little girl is alive and talking, she has given a description of a man and a car... wonder if the man knew the Mom?

I would like to hear more about the family and the situation, I would hate to kick someone when they are down, perhaps it was all innocent and this family needs our good wishes not supicions ~ the Police will sort it out and we will hear more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast