UT UT - Alicia 6, Pablo 4, & Xiomara Hernandez, 3, West Valley, 31 Aug 2008

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Still no sign of 3 missing children

There's still no sign of three children from West Valley City believed to have been taken by their father, Israel Hernandez. An Amber Alert is still in effect for them.
[snip]

Missing are 6-year-old Alicia Hernandez, her 4-year-old brother Pablo and 3-year-old Xiomara. Police issued an Amber Alert late last night when their father didn't return them after a visit. Francisca Hernandez-Saucedo said, "I think that he would probably take them to Mexico. I don't think he would keep them here."

[snip]

Police say the father was physically abusive, and there's no indication that he's changed his ways. West Valley City police Capt. Tom McLachlan said, "We feel that the abuse, if it doesn't immediately start, will eventually start, and these children will be in danger."

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=4157170

Prayers are with the children. I am so sick of reading of abuse happening and these so-called parents still being let into their children's lives.

Still doesn't seem to be much on the AMW site about the children. No photos etc unless I am looking in the wrong area.

Hopefully they will be found soon. Their in my thoughts and prayers.

No, you're right Capoly. There isn't even pics of the kids on the AMW site.

I just read this comment on one of the news pages to the article about the AMBER Alert. He is mad that the alert of 3 kids MISSING, IN DANGER, and WITH A KNOWN ABUSER interuppted his song. Boo hoo.

"I'm still mad as hell. That stoopid alert came on at the same time I was listening to one my favorite blue grass songs on channel 9 and again during perry mason on channel 11. Who dreamed up this idiotic thing anyway."

Praying that these kids are still safe. Haven't heard any updates, and they've been gone for almost a week.

No, you're right Capoly. There isn't even pics of the kids on the AMW site.

I just read this comment on one of the news pages to the article about the AMBER Alert. He is mad that the alert of 3 kids MISSING, IN DANGER, and WITH A KNOWN ABUSER interuppted his song. Boo hoo.

"I'm still mad as hell. That stoopid alert came on at the same time I was listening to one my favorite blue grass songs on channel 9 and again during perry mason on channel 11. Who dreamed up this idiotic thing anyway."

Praying that these kids are still safe. Haven't heard any updates, and they've been gone for almost a week.

The Rockefeller alert was quite intense, it blared a TV alarm every hour on the hour for hours and info scrawled across the bottom of the TV screens for hours also. Some of the comments were similiar to the one you posted. One man complained about his not buying a 56 inch widescreen TV to watch football on only to have to be annoyed by that crap!

It's a tough call as to how much to "annoy" society with a missing child. Massachusetts had 4 issues with missing children within a 4+ week span. 2 had Amber Alerts, 2 didn't, but all the cases had some form of public notification via the TV screen. It's taking a risk that people become desensitised to the crisis when it occurs so often it has the appearance of no longer being a crisis.

Praying for the children's safe return.

Bumping for these three. They sure did drop off of the radar after their AMBER Alert expired. They are no longer on AMW, or even on NCMEC. Yet I can't find anything about them being found. Why would they completely drop this case after saying that the kids are in danger of "severe physical abuse"?????

Still missing according to http://attorneygeneral.utah.gov/AMBERhernandez.html but not listed on NCMEC.

AMBER_Girl3.png
AMBER_Boy.png
AMBER_Girl1.png

Ohhh my gosh. FINALLY an article!

West Valley case remains state's only active Amber Alert 5 years later

A young woman has made it her mission to find three children who were illegally taken by their father in 2008. The case prompted an Amber Alert, which is the only one in Utah that remains active.

"They're not safe right now, and nobody really knows where they are."

[snip]

"We're still very concerned about the welfare of these children, and we're hoping the public still keeps an eye out and can bring these kids home safely," said Paul Murphy, Utah's Amber Alert coordinator.

[snip]

West Valley City Deputy Police Chief Mike Powell said the Hernandez kidnapping is still an active case. He said investigators are hopeful new information they've recently received will shed some new light on the case and help bring the children back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back