If there was a trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyn2

Reaction score
What sort of witnesses could Jose Baez call upon besides the family and perhaps some scientific types to try and put doubt on the dna? It doesn't seem like Casey has any friends or relatives other than mom, dad and brother that would support her. What sort of defense do you think Baez would put on? would he try to prove there was some babysitter that took the kid? Insanity?

To be honest, I am lost as far as defense. She has to be one of the most hated people on the planet and I don't see a viable defense. By her actions of lying and hiding the body it shows she was not insane and that she knows what she did was wrong. I don't think there are many that will believe the kidnapping story.

What sort of witnesses could Jose Baez call upon besides the family and perhaps some scientific types to try and put doubt on the dna? It doesn't seem like Casey has any friends or relatives other than mom, dad and brother that would support her. What sort of defense do you think Baez would put on? would he try to prove there was some babysitter that took the kid? Insanity?

To be honest, I am lost as far as defense. She has to be one of the most hated people on the planet and I don't see a viable defense. By her actions of lying and hiding the body it shows she was not insane and that she knows what she did was wrong. I don't think there are many that will believe the kidnapping story.

I don't know what they'll try...maybe just discrediting everything and not really putting on a defense

I am willing to bet that Baez goes for some sort of Insanity or PPD defense.
Here in reality, there are no explanations for her behavior. But I am certain that she is not mentally defect, that goes to show the constant changing of her "script".....

I am willing to bet that Baez goes for some sort of Insanity or PPD defense.
Here in reality, there are no explanations for her behavior. But I am certain that she is not mentally defect, that goes to show the constant changing of her "script".....

In order to attempt an insanity defense Casey would have to admit guilt. I dont see that happening.

I keep wondering if there is a trial, how Cindy will play out in all of this.

I wonder because the family findCaylee site lists them as a contact, they take calls and it appears they don't refer all of them to LE.

Cindy on some levels seems to have conducted her own investigation (going to the tow company to ask questions about the smell) there are more examples, but I will leave it at that.

I wonder how she will effect a trial if it happens. I've never seen someone do quite what she has done. It would have to have an effect, and I ponder it's impact. How will they handle her, yada.

IIRC in the 400 page document when her childhood friend, I believe it was Ryan?, was interviewed by LE he told them that JB had called him and asked if he would be a good character witness for her and he told JB that he probably would not be a good choice - anyone else remember that? Read so much I could be confused.

leandjl, yeppers he told Baez he prob'ly wouldn't be a good witness and I also believe Ryan said Baez agreed with him and hung up.

The only investigation cindy is doing is to try and figure out if they really have anything on Casey and how she is going to keep Casey from going to jail. Cindy wants to know everything LE has on Casey and what these various people might say in court. She is looking to try and defend her in some manner from what they say. She is just being her controlling self. She is going to try and get Casey out of this like she has always done but it isn't going to work this time. This time Casey went way too far. And yes Ryan, the old friend did state he couldn't be a good witness for Casey. Thats why I wonder who Baez will find to be a good character witness. I really don't believe any of her friends are friends anymore.

I keep wondering if there is a trial, how Cindy will play out in all of this.

I wonder because the family findCaylee site lists them as a contact, they take calls and it appears they don't refer all of them to LE.

Cindy on some levels seems to have conducted her own investigation (going to the tow company to ask questions about the smell) there are more examples, but I will leave it at that.

I wonder how she will effect a trial if it happens. I've never seen someone do quite what she has done. It would have to have an effect, and I ponder it's impact. How will they handle her, yada.

Yes, kathyn2

I realize why Cindy is doing what she's doing, but how will her efforts effect her as a witness. I've never seen anyone do as she's done. I keep trying to think of cases...

It's bound to cause a mess if she's on the stand. I'm not sure she will be good for either side.

I think Baez is going to base his case around burden of proof being on the state.

He will challenge all forensics and then say even if it is true and Caylee is deceased they have zero proof Casey killed her. No witness saw her harm her. No witness saw her move the body. The car has been out of her possession.

He can't really defend her actions or prove out her assanine story. He will have to go after the state hasn't proven their case.

I would love to know what Casey has told Baez...He keeps saying in the press that she knows what happens but he can't go into of course it makes me wonder what she said and does that mean he would have to put her on the stand? I would love to see her on the stand but I don't see that ever happening DA would eat her alive and he knows it ...so how will he defend her...HMMM

Yes, kathyn2

I realize why Cindy is doing what she's doing, but how will her efforts effect her as a witness. I've never seen anyone do as she's done. I keep trying to think of cases...

It's bound to cause a mess if she's on the stand. I'm not sure she will be good for either side.

I think Cindy has a personality disorder but I have to wonder if she had realized the very next day that Caylee was unaccounted for would she be acting differently. Does the 31 days that Casey was lying to her and partying make it just too surreal for her to believe? And of course they might have been able to find a body Cindy would recogonize. She may end up in a hospital before this is over. Baez spinning his forensics are BS defense partially at her expense I find cruel.

I agree, they will challenge all forensics, and i also think they are going to start a Casey was 'railroaded' type of thing. Fat chance on the railroading angle, but I think they will try.

I think Baez is going to base his case around burden of proof being on the state.

He will challenge all forensics and then say even if it is true and Caylee is deceased they have zero proof Casey killed her. No witness saw her harm her. No witness saw her move the body. The car has been out of her possession.

He can't really defend her actions or prove out her assanine story. He will have to go after the state hasn't proven their case.

I agree with impatientredhead.

I also think they might raise the possibility of an accident. Or that somebody else (drug gang ?) did it and Casey was afraid she'd be blamed.

I don't think the final strategy will be determined until AFTER the big charges are filed and the defense reviews discovery.

IMO

ITA. I think that JB will bring as many "experts" as he can to challenge the forensics. He'll also try to discredit any of the states witmess' as well. IMO

I think also that they will say either accident or someone stole the car and Caylee was in it hence the reason the car was left. Does anyone think this will be on Court TV if so i need to be calling Dish and upgrade my channels

I think first Baez will try to call expert witnesses that are skeptics of some of the DNA testing / body farm, and then make big posters & a big show of it being "1% innaccurate" (since its never 100%) ~ trying to convince the jurors its reasonable doubt.

With a personable, relatable defendant sometimes that works to convince the "like minded" jury members, but here I doubt it.

Also I bet they call in grief experts, and even - I'd be on this one - psychologists specializing in dissociation. To argue Casey was so grief struck she totally "removed" that part of her psyche of the incident (like sometimes child-abuse victims do). If anyone's seen the movie Sybil? (GREAT movie/book!)

And then he'll just try to come up with some other plausible explanation for whatever LE proves happens - saying that's the real reason, and casey's demeanor should be ignored.

IMO only of course. Not bad usually, but I think this case is just a little too weird for such a cookie-cutter defense

IIRC in the 400 page document when her childhood friend, I believe it was Ryan?, was interviewed by LE he told them that JB had called him and asked if he would be a good character witness for her and he told JB that he probably would not be a good choice - anyone else remember that? Read so much I could be confused.

You are correct. He did state that!

Personally I think Baez is in way over his head. So far I find him totally not credible. Some other great lawyer might be able to cause a little reasonable doubt but I don't believe he can. I find him totally off the wall myself. He looks like a member of the Anthony family. All of them totally not credible!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker