Lucy and Desi's secret granddaughter?

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
You be the judge...the photos of her mother, supposedly Lucy's and Desi's child given up for adoption b/c of Lucy's career, look a LOT like Desi, IMO.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/0902200..._lucy__desi___because_they_were_my_127102.htm

I LOVE LUCY & DESI - BECAUSE THEY WERE MY SECRET GRANDPARENTS, WOMAN CLAIMS
By DAN MANGAN

September 2, 2008
They were America's favorite couple - charming the country on screen and off - but Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz may have been hiding a secret so scandalous, it would have shattered their public image.
Cassandria Lucianna Carlson, 38, believes that she is the legendary comic couple's granddaughter - and that her mother was adopted in 1947 for fear that a baby would derail Ball's plans for stardom.
The Illinois woman nearly had a DNA sample to prove the claims, but the offer from an estranged Arnaz relative was suddenly rescinded under circumstances that have only deepened the mystery.
Madeline "Linda" Jane Dee, Carlson's mother, was born four years before the 1951 debut of "I Love Lucy" and immediately given up for adoption to California nurse Ruth Smith.....

If Luci and Desi's children are so sure this woman isn't their niece, then there should be no reason not to submit DNA simply to prove she's wrong. If they won't, then it seems they have doubts about the "family history" they were given as children.

If she does come up as a long lost cuz then one they have to share the money and two his family would be disgraced.

lucille ball wanted nothing more than to have children with desi. i have read many books regarding their careers. they would not have given up a child.

I don't know about her but I have never believed that Desi Arnaz Jr. is not the father of Patty Duke's first child.

The possible Desi/Lucy grand-daughter looks Hispanic. Period.
If she says she has a genetic disease, what is it? If it could be something that would benefit from genetic relatives, then she may be able to get court-ordered testing.
If not, I'm afraid she's beating a dead horse. Luci and Desi, Jr. have nothing to gain from dealing with this woman. Also, her mother, their supposed half- sibling was not someone they would want to be associated with by name, IMO. She was a drug-addicted prostitute. ( Nevermind that most of the Arnaz clan has had substance abuse problems in their lifetimes- they have been respectable because of their lineage).

I seriously doubt that a married Lucy and Desi would have given away a baby for any reason. I DO think that Desi probably sired many children out of wedlock down through the years, if the stories about him have any ring of truth to them.

I don't see any resemblence; of course that doesn't mean she's not related to them.

Maybe it's only because of the image they protrayed but somehow I don't see them giving up a child. Maybe having a relative take care of it until they got on their feet but I'm not so sure about putting a child up for adoption. Then again, what do I know. :confused:

I agree with what the "graddaughter's" mom said "It could be, but what does it matter?" A child given up for adoption would not really be eligible to inherit from a parent that gave them up unless it was in the will.

The question is how the will was written, all living children, all children, all legal children, all recognized children.

I don't think she looks alike.

How would the nurse know who's baby she adopted. If it was an open adoption the case is easy to support.

I don't know about this one. However, I know that there is a line of decendents of Thomas Jefferson through one of his slaves that althought they are now recognized, they are not treated equally by the Jefferson clan.

I heard that lucy and desi would frequentlly have 4sum's with fred and ethell.

http://www.luciearnaz.com/

I am not sure about the story but I do think that this woman's mother looks a lot like Lucie Arnaz, here is a picture of her, compare it to the picture of her supposed sister.

I heard that lucy and desi would frequentlly have 4sum's with fred and ethell.

Not likely! Vivian Vance really didn't like Lucy. She was pi$$ed because her contract stated that she was to always be heavier than Lucy. Her character was always supposed to be older than Lucy and more frumpy, and that ticked Vivian off.

SHADOW...i WAS ONLY PLAYING AROUND.LOL SORRY IF I OFFENDED ANYONE I THOUGHT YOU WOULD JUST KNOW I WAS KIDDING AROUND WITH WHAT I SAID,,LOL

Not likely! Vivian Vance really didn't like Lucy. She was pi$$ed because her contract stated that she was to always be heavier than Lucy. Her character was always supposed to be older than Lucy and more frumpy, and that ticked Vivian off.

If this was what her character was supposed to be represented as and she signed on to it I wonder why she would be mad at Lucy.

It's hard to know the truth in these things. I always heard that Lucy and Vivian were close friends and Lucy was there for Vivian when Vivian was dying. I 've also always heard that in real life Vivian Vance and William Frawley couldn't stand each other, but put that aside and played their characters wonderfully.

I can see how she'd look like Desi. Is it possible she is *his* illegitmate child?

I don't know that I'd actually want to know. That's just a huge can of worms that I'm not sure I'd want to open. I've had family turn up later in my life, and it's just usually not been a good thing...

I agree with HipMamaJen.
Let sleeping dogs lie. I definitely agree that, being adopted, she has NO right of inheritence to anything from the Arnaz family. if she is a biological relative, that is.

If indeed they did give up a child for adoption (which I find hard to believe given Desi's family background) they would have been certain to take that into consideration when writing their wills.

The "heavier than Lucy" clause in Vivian's contract was at Lucy's direction. Since she and Desi owned the production company (Desilu), they were able to dictate the terms. They probably were good friends later in life. I was just discrediting the tacky comment earlier about 4somes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back