GUILTY CA - Matt Garcia, 22, murdered by mistake, Fairfield, 1 Sept 2008

itsreenw

Reaction score
Matt Garcia, 22, Fairfield CA
This kid is my dear friend's son...PLEASE HELP!!

September 2, 2008

Fairfield Councilman Matt Garcia Dies From Gunshot Wound?

matt%20garcia.jpg

22-year-old Matt Garcia, one of the youngest elected officials in the state, succumbed to injuries after taking a "single bullet to the back of the head" on Monday night in front of a pal's house. He was allowed to die "naturally" at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek this afternoon, being taken off of life support at his family's request.
Garcia, who was born and raised in Farfield, wanted to be mayor the his hometown ever since he was in the sixth grade. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
The reason for his murder (i.e., whether or not Garcia was the intended target) is still under investigation. No arrests have been made.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...rticle-6366741

icon_kgo_byline.gif
By Teresa Garcia
FAIRFIELD, CA (KGO) -- Matt Garcia campaigned on a promise to do something about the kind of crime that took his life. He was a young banker with big ideas and, many believe, a big future in politics. At age 22, he was the youngest elected official in Fairfield history.

While police try to find his killer, his friends and colleagues vow to continue his legacy to fight hard for the issues her cared about.
"Governor Schwarzenegger has announced that he is providing a $50,000 reward, leading to the arrest of anybody involved in this heinous crime," says Fairfield Police Chief Kenton Rainey.

digGetAd("Rectangle");
Word of a large reward came just a few hours after Fairfield Mayor Harry price announced that 22-year-old Councilman Matt Garcia was brain dead, after being shot in the head Tuesday night near a friend's house.
"And I know that's a heavy, heavy burden for his family, for his friends, for all of you and certainly for our community," says Harry Price, Mayor of Fairfield.
Garcia was shot as he was going to visit a female friend in a Cordelia neighborhood.
Police say a mid 90's American made sedan stopped in front of the home as Garcia walked toward from his car.
"An unknown race male, approximately 5'9" with a medium build, exited a midsize American made sedan. He fired multiple rounds with a small caliber handgun or rifle. We don't know at this time."
According to police, the gunman then got back in his car, and drove off.
Jill Byrum was in a house across the street.
"My next door neighbor a couple doors down the way, actually came outside right when the gunshots happened and saw the car, but she can't make the model," says Byrum.
In a interview last November, Garcia ran on a promise to direct more city resources to young people, to keep them from the gangs and the lure of drugs and violence. He pushed for more youth centers, ball fields and a new swimming pool.
"I want his legacy to live on. We need to work on those things," says Sean Guinn, City Manager.
Garcia joined the council race as a young bank employee with no political experience, and emerged as a well-funded credible candidate, with a very large base of support.
Friends and family of Garcia will be together at City Hall for a vigil to honor his memory. At this time, there are no specifics on his official funeral service.
Tip Hotlines: Fairfield Police Department 24hr tip line 707-428-7790
Solano County Crimestoppers 707-644-7867

OMG !!! This is so tragic ! I am heartbroken to hear this. My heart goes out to your son and Matt's family. You say "Please Help", what can we do to help?

Matt Garcia, 22, Fairfield CA
This kid is my dear friend's son...PLEASE HELP!!

September 2, 2008

Fairfield Councilman Matt Garcia Dies From Gunshot Wound?

matt%20garcia.jpg

22-year-old Matt Garcia, one of the youngest elected officials in the state, succumbed to injuries after taking a "single bullet to the back of the head" on Monday night in front of a pal's house. He was allowed to die "naturally" at John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek this afternoon, being taken off of life support at his family's request.
Garcia, who was born and raised in Farfield, wanted to be mayor the his hometown ever since he was in the sixth grade. Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
The reason for his murder (i.e., whether or not Garcia was the intended target) is still under investigation. No arrests have been made.

itsreenw

what an outstanding young man.... such a tragedy!

prayers of comfort for Matt's family & for yours.

From October 2013:

http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/garcia-killer-may-get-new-trial/

Henry D. Williams... was found guilty of first-degree murder and was later sentenced to 50 years to life in prison. He is currently housed at California State Prison, Los Angeles County.

Williams shot and killed Garcia on the night of Sept. 1, 2008, in a drunken case of mistaken identity. Williams and an accomplice, Gene A. Combs, were looking for a methamphetamine dealer who had ripped off Combs for $50 earlier in the day...

Combs was also found guilty of murder in a separate jury trial. He was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison for his role as an aider and abettor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back