WA - Six killed in Skagit County shooting & stabbing spree, 2 Sept 2008

STEADFAST

Reaction score
6 Dead In Washington State Shooting Spree

The Washington State Patrol says six people are dead and two are wounded after a shooting rampage.

Authorities say a suspect turned himself in after the shootings Tuesday afternoon. A sheriff's deputy is among the dead.

Trooper Keith Leary says the dead were found at multiple scenes. He says that the deputy was shot while responding to a call and that another person was killed there.

The sheriff's deputy was responding to a disturbance call around 2:20 p.m., reports CBS affiliate KIRO-TV in Seattle. When the sheriff’s deputy arrived, one person was already dead in the home, said Washington State Patrol Trooper Keith Leary. Some time went by before the police station called the officer to do a status check. When they received no answer, police responded to the sheriff’s deputy and found him fatally shot in the head, Skagit County police said. . .
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/02/national/main4409150.shtml

The slain deputy was identified as Anne Jackson, 40, whom Mrs. Zamora described as a sympathetic figure who had tried to help the family in the past.

"She was very gracious," Dennise Zamora said. "She knew exactly what we were going through, said her brother was going through some similar stuff."

The dead were found at multiple crime scenes. They included Deputy Jackson, shot while responding to the initial call by Dennise Zamora, and a second person killed at the same location near the small town of Alger; two construction workers found shot nearby, and a body found a few houses away, Trooper Keith Leary said. The civilian motorist was killed and the trooper was injured along I-5 near a rest stop, Leary said.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gHNmHFqYFEeH9gJAfN3XQAtqfSTAD92V6G6G1

This is a good article on what happened and how and contains a little bit of the history.

After watching Isaac walk in and out of neighbors' homes, Dennise Zamora called deputies on Tuesday. She said her son wasn't aware of his mental illnesses.

Dennise Zamora said she wished she could switch places with the people slain Tuesday.

"When I say I wish it was me and not them, I mean it from the bottom of my heart," she said, sobbing.

snip....The shooting spree came to light at about 2:15 p.m. when Jackson went to investigate Dennise Zamora's call in the 19300 block of Bridle Place, near the town of Alger, and didn't check in with dispatchers, said Washington State Patrol spokesman Keith Leary.

Other deputies went to the scene and found her dead. A second victim was found dead at the same address, Leary said.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008154675_shooting03m0.html

My deepest sympathy to Deputy Anne Jackson's family and her family of Brothers In Blue.

It breaks my heart to hear of an Officer killed on duty. I am so sorry.

Prayers also for all the other victims.

I live in Skagit County not to far from where these murders took place. It isn't very often that murder occurs in this county and when it does it affects everyone. My heart goes out to all of the families of the dead and to this killer's mother. I watched her on the news and I truly believe that she would switch places if she could. She is just devistated.

I wonder what will happen to the killer? He will probably end up being sent to the mental hospital if he has documented history of mental illness. It should be stipulated that he remain there for the rest of his life or if he levels out on meds he is transfered to a state prison. Because he killed a police officer I'm sure that he will never get out of where ever they put him. Hope so anyway.

I wish they would release the names of the other victims.

I'm not far away either, Bobbi, and you're right; it is shocking for our area. I, too, really feel for that mother. Such a sad situation for her. While I hope her son is never released, I do so hope she can go on and find some pleasure in this life.

I'm not far away either, Bobbi, and you're right; it is shocking for our area. I, too, really feel for that mother. Such a sad situation for her. While I hope her son is never released, I do so hope she can go on and find some pleasure in this life.

I hope she can too. It sounds like she has had a hard life trying to cope with a mentally ill child who refused to believe that anything was wrong.

I talked to a friend today and she said that there is a beautiful memorial in front of the courthouse for Ann. She said there were officers from states away that are keeping a vigil by the courthouse...24/7...until the service for Ann. Sounds like Ann was a special person.

I hope she can too. It sounds like she has had a hard life trying to cope with a mentally ill child who refused to believe that anything was wrong.

I talked to a friend today and she said that there is a beautiful memorial in front of the courthouse for Ann. She said there were officers from states away to take part in the service for Ann. Sounds like Ann was a special person.

That is awesome; it sounds like she was indeed, a wonderful person. I just read that the son was saying "I kill for God" in the courtroom. Very disturbing!
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,417883,00.html

Experts Say Spree Killer not Mentally Ill

January 23, 2010 1:37 PM
The ASSOCIATED PRESS

MOUNT VERNON, Wash. (AP) - The man sentenced to spend the rest of his life in a mental hospital for killing six people, including a Skagit County sheriff's deputy, is not mentally ill, two psychiatrists say in a letter leaked to a local newspaper.

The Skagit Valley Herald reports it received an unauthorized copy of a letter dated Jan. 8 written by two psychiatrists treating Isaac Zamora at Western State Hospital. In it, the psychiatrists say Zamora is severely psychopathic, poses a great danger, but that he is not mentally ill. The letter also contradicts the argument that Zamora suffers from schizophrenia.

more here

http://www.ktvl.com/articles/zamora-1193627-letter-say.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth