828 users online (122 members and 706 guests)  

Websleuths News

Help with chat

Sorry to add another post but the Chat Open for Discussion thread is locked. I really cannot get on. I have tried every which way but sideways (or maybe that too). I got close early on today but tonight just spinning java...please give more detailed instructions for those who would like to join.

TIA!
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

I can't get on either.

Quote Originally Posted by gibby207 View Post
    Sorry to add another post but the Chat Open for Discussion thread is locked. I really cannot get on. I have tried every which way but sideways (or maybe that too). I got close early on today but tonight just spinning java...please give more detailed instructions for those who would like to join.

TIA!
    Does this work at all?
    I just found this from a chat from a different time.
    Does it work the same all the time?

Am i allowed to copy this?

Animal04216
    Super Moderator

Chat open for discussion!
    to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join
    Edit/Delete Message
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

After many tries, I got it to open ... once ... but there was no button to post anything. After that, it wouldn't even open the discussion thread. So, I'm locked out too.

I got on no problem

Quote Originally Posted by Shutterfly View Post
    I can't get on either.

When I get to the chat page, all I have is a red "x" in a small box in the upper left hand corner...can anyone help me?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secreteye View Post
    When I get to the chat page, all I have is a red "x" in a small box in the upper left hand corner...can anyone help me?
    Thanks
    Do you have your security settings set to accept java applet to run? You can check that by going to "tools" on your browser, click on the "advanced" tab and scroll down to Java ... that box should be checked ... you may then have to restart your computer though for that setting to take affect. IDK too much but it's worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by JustInCase View Post
    Do you have your security settings set to accept java applet to run? You can check that by going to "tools" on your browser, click on the "advanced" tab and scroll down to Java ... that box should be checked ... you may then have to restart your computer though for that setting to take affect. IDK too much but it's worth a look
    Thank you for responding. I did go and check if there was a check in the box, and there was. Before that, I went and upgraded my java to the very latest version, then I restarted my computer. Still, same little red "x" in the corner. IDK, but thanks for helping.