Help with chat

gibby207

Pooh just is.
Reaction score
Sorry to add another post but the Chat Open for Discussion thread is locked. I really cannot get on. I have tried every which way but sideways (or maybe that too). I got close early on today but tonight just spinning java...please give more detailed instructions for those who would like to join.

TIA!:)

Sorry to add another post but the Chat Open for Discussion thread is locked. I really cannot get on. I have tried every which way but sideways (or maybe that too). I got close early on today but tonight just spinning java...please give more detailed instructions for those who would like to join.

TIA!:)
Does this work at all?
I just found this from a chat from a different time.
Does it work the same all the time?

Am i allowed to copy this?

Animal04216
Super Moderator

Chat open for discussion!
to join java chat click below

http://www.serenity-irc.net/java/index.php

put nickname in

put websleuths in for the channel name

for Mirc Users:

open MIRC window

go to file

select server

go to Serenity IRC (hilight)

select random

then hit select on the right side

If you have chat saved to favorites delete them or they will go to old server

type in # websleuths for channel name then hit join
Edit/Delete Message

After many tries, I got it to open ... once ... but there was no button to post anything. After that, it wouldn't even open the discussion thread. So, I'm locked out too.

When I get to the chat page, all I have is a red "x" in a small box in the upper left hand corner...can anyone help me?

Do you have your security settings set to accept java applet to run? You can check that by going to "tools" on your browser, click on the "advanced" tab and scroll down to Java ... that box should be checked ... you may then have to restart your computer though for that setting to take affect. IDK too much but it's worth a look :)

Do you have your security settings set to accept java applet to run? You can check that by going to "tools" on your browser, click on the "advanced" tab and scroll down to Java ... that box should be checked ... you may then have to restart your computer though for that setting to take affect. IDK too much but it's worth a look :)

Thank you for responding. I did go and check if there was a check in the box, and there was. Before that, I went and upgraded my java to the very latest version, then I restarted my computer. Still, same little red "x" in the corner. IDK, but thanks for helping.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Postalgirl74
Back