1302 users online (232 members and 1070 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 214
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078

    Brad Cooper - Timeline, Behavior, Interview, & Evidence Inconsistencies

    I decided to start a thread on this topic since everyone is reading/analyzing the statements given to police vs. the affidavit statements vs. friends/family statements and of course combing through the details of the 3 search warrants. Rather than this good info getting buried into a general thread I thought this topic could stand on its own. Discuss!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    Clearly his statements don't match each other, the affidavit, or the friends. He has put himself into a corner with all his inconsistencies:

    - What was he 'doing' from 4am to 6am?

    - And what was he 'doing' from 7am to 9am?

    - Why was Katie up at 4am? Did she go back to sleep? What time?

    - What was Nancy 'doing' from 4am to 6am?

    - How many loads of laundry were done by Nancy that Sat morning? (he says she was doing laundry).

    - How many loads of laundry were done by Brad that Sat? What exactly did he wash? Was the laundry folded and put away? Is/was there lint in the dryer? Was there lint in the garbage? Did police check for this?

    - Brad said he 'noticed' they were out of laundry detergent that Sat morning so he went to get some. He also told police in his interviews that Nancy asked him to get some. Which is it? He says he purchased laundry detergent sometime around 6:40am. Is that true? Is there a receipt to prove this?

    - If Nancy was 'doing laundry' but he noticed they were 'out of detergent,' what time did he notice this? If Nancy left to go running around 7am, then how exactly was she able to do laundry without detergent? Why did he say she was 'doing laundry' last time he SAW her? Exactly what time did he last see her that morning?

    - Why does he state in his affidavit he was to play tennis at 9:30am but fails to mention it ON THE DAY police interview him and then fails to mention it again the next day?

    - He tells police he was 'cleaning' from around 9am to 1pm. But he also tells them at 12:30pm, when Nancy had failed to return from her 'run,' he got worried and 'went looking for her.' So which is it? Cleaning from 12:30pm to 1pm? Looking for Nancy from 12:30pm to 1pm?

    - How often did Nancy scrub her floors? She likely did it when she got back from HH on or around 7/5 when she found the house a complete mess. 7 or less days later Brad is 'scrubbing floors'? Did he scrub all the floors? Downstairs and upstairs?

    - Where/when/what caused those scratches on the back of Brad's neck? Were the scratches there Friday night at the party? Did the cop ASK Brad about the scratches and what the scratches were from? Did ANYONE observe these scratches on the back of his neck Friday night at the BBQ?

    - When exactly did Brad 'clean out' his trunk? Which vacuum did he use?

    - Why did police have Nancy dressed in "blue/gray running shoes" on their flyers? Who told them she was wearing these particular shoes?

    - Why did Brad go to his office sometime between the dates of 7/12 and 7/18? What day/time? What did he do there? How long was he there?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    FWIW, I don't think Brad thought the grocery receipt would show WHAT he bought. I also don't think he counted on LE checking the HT's 'video' tapes.

    Brad told LE he went to the grocery store AFTER daylight.

    LE checked out his story and when they saw Brad on tape at the store AFTER daylight, he wasn't buying detergent, but milk or juice. BECAUSE Brad told LE he and Nancy had been up at 4 a.m., LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

    Why would he lie to LE?

    It's widely known with Nancy's friends and family that she always carried her keys and cell phone wherever she went. YET, her husband said she never took anything when she went running, except a piece of gum.

    Why would Brad lie to LE about that?

    Nancy's friends said Brad never did ANY housework. As a matter of fact, Nancy was gone for a week and Brad didn't even do the dishes in the sink from the day she left. Yet, Brad claims he did 4 hours of housework the very morning Nancy went missing. How convenient.

    Why would Brad again lie to LE?

    JMHO
    fran

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    >LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

    FYI, LE has not confirmed or denied any info regarding a 4am HT visit. I know *we* have this info because of Momto3kids, but it's not in any official statement or affidavit. But yes, he did lie. Many times.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    >LE apparently decided to check the HT's tape further and saw Brad there just after 4 a.m. buying DETERGENT.

    FYI, LE has not confirmed or denied any info regarding a 4am HT visit. I know *we* have this info because of Momto3kids, but it's not in any official statement or affidavit. But yes, he did lie. Many times.

    Yes, we do know it, the HT's 4:20 a.m. laundry detergent visit and so does Brad. Thus his request for video from the store. He's already working on a defense for that lie.

    Just sayin'
    fran

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Nancy's friends said Nancy kept all important papers and such in her vehicle and kept the key secure so that Brad couldn't get to her papers etc. YET, Nancy's keys were located on the table as you enter the house.

    Again, Brad said Nancy normally didn't take anything with her except a stick of gum.

    Nancy's dad, upon his arrival in Cary, told LE how he'd taught Nancy to use her keys as a weapon when she ran, which was again consistant with Nancy's friends, NOT Brad.

    JMHO
    fran

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Nancy's friends said Nancy kept all important papers and such in her vehicle and kept the key secure so that Brad couldn't get to her papers etc. YET, Nancy's keys were located on the table as you enter the house.

    Again, Brad said Nancy normally didn't take anything with her except a stick of gum.

    Nancy's dad, upon his arrival in Cary, told LE how he'd taught Nancy to use her keys as a weapon when she ran, which was again consistant with Nancy's friends, NOT Brad.

    JMHO
    fran
    So now I wonder...if Nancy's cell phone was seen by Jessica in the SUV on Saturday - and if Nancy ran with her keys - yet the cell phone and keys were found in the house? And the spare SUV key was secured and locked in the SUV, along with the passports -- and at the initial LE interview BC had both of the girls passports. And what about her diary, which she used to document BC's actions? And I wonder if LE was able to take prints from the LV purse. The glove box? Oh, we have learned a lot, and we have learned there is soooo much we still don't know.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by Star12 View Post
    So now I wonder...if Nancy's cell phone was seen by Jessica in the SUV on Saturday - and if Nancy ran with her keys - yet the cell phone and keys were found in the house? And the spare SUV key was secured and locked in the SUV, along with the passports -- and at the initial LE interview BC had both of the girls passports. And what about her diary, which she used to document BC's actions? And I wonder if LE was able to take prints from the LV purse. The glove box? Oh, we have learned a lot, and we have learned there is soooo much we still don't know.
    Every time you read the SWs again, you pick up something else. Like when LE did the initial SW of the house, they found evidence of the discord between Nancy and Brad which in turn made them do the SW on his offices at Cisco to look for further 'evidence' of marital problems between the victim and the husband.

    JMHO
    fran

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    Yes, and they learned that he had taken at least one child's passport to his office to keep from his wife (and possibly he had both kids' passports there at one time). Makes sense they'd want to examine the spot where he says he spends 40+ hrs per week!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    32,579
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Yes, and they learned that he had taken at least one child's passport to his office to keep from his wife (and possibly he had both kids' passports there at one time). Makes sense they'd want to examine the spot where he says he spends 40+ hrs per week!
    OH, according to the SW, he did have BOTH of the children's passports. He said he took them from Nancy because she was going to leave for Canada and she wouldn't agree to any of the alternative arrangements he suggested. He also said he offered to let her have one but she didn't take it.

    Yah know? Like all of their financial problems were because of Nancy.

    JMHO
    fran


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    Yes, and they learned that he had taken at least one child's passport to his office to keep from his wife (and possibly he had both kids' passports there at one time). Makes sense they'd want to examine the spot where he says he spends 40+ hrs per week!
    Didn't I read that, when they were going to get the passports, that BC kept putting it off, and putting it off. And then when they finally got them, he took one when he decided that Nancy was NOT going to take the children to Canada. He felt the children were his possessions

    What was there here that was so compelling that he could not go back to Canada and get a different job? Just what were his priorities? Certainly not the welfare of his children and their mother. The divorce was going to happen no matter what.

    Can you get a replacement passport for a child without both parents signatures? Just wondering.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    526
    Great idea for a thread. This comment pertains to his behaviour.

    In the probable cause affidavit it mentions that Brad confirmed that Nancy had planned to move back to Canada, and it then it states that "these plans were changed by Brad." It goes on to say that "Brad stated that he had suggested multiple alternatives and she had refused all the offered alternatives." The next bit goes on to discuss the passports, and why he had taken one.

    I am really bothered by this. I know that it is speculation on my part, but the subtext here seems to be 'I gave her a chance and she didn't take it. This is her fault.' I wonder what the other alternatives were. This also further demonstrates his controlling and abusive behaviour.

    Just my opinion.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
    Great idea for a thread. This comment pertains to his behaviour.

    In the probable cause affidavit it mentions that Brad confirmed that Nancy had planned to move back to Canada, and it then it states that "these plans were changed by Brad." It goes on to say that "Brad stated that he had suggested multiple alternatives and she had refused all the offered alternatives." The next bit goes on to discuss the passports, and why he had taken one.

    I am really bothered by this. I know that it is speculation on my part, but the subtext here seems to be 'I gave her a chance and she didn't take it. This is her fault.' I wonder what the other alternatives were. This also further demonstrates his controlling and abusive behaviour.

    Just my opinion.
    My opinion, too, Anderson. See my signature line.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    526
    Quote Originally Posted by Star12 View Post
    My opinion, too, Anderson. See my signature line.
    It seems so bizarre to me. Can't he hear how he sounds? I suppose not. I read some of the affidavits again.The comments made by Nancy's friends make more sense as we get new information.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hillsborough NC
    Posts
    346
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    I decided to start a thread on this topic since everyone is reading/analyzing the statements given to police vs. the affidavit statements vs. friends/family statements and of course combing through the details of the 3 search warrants. Rather than this good info getting buried into a general thread I thought this topic could stand on its own. Discuss!
    Sleuthy" thanks so much for doing this, I don't have a lot of time to devote to WS right now, but I am very interested in seeing that justice is done for NC B and K. I wish more people would start threads so that we didn't have to wade through the general one. Ya know? Like back in the days of the scott and laci case. Anyway, thanks, Boo
    Last edited by Salem; 03-29-2011 at 02:27 AM. Reason: removed names of minors

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 765
    Last Post: 10-29-2014, 05:28 PM
  2. Brad Cooper
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 211
    Last Post: 04-13-2014, 11:09 PM
  3. Brad Cooper seeks more evidence from the state
    By DuchessJules22 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
  4. Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion
    By pirate in forum Haleigh Cummings
    Replies: 408
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 01:29 PM

Tags for this Thread